Manning on AD search committee

What a mess!!! You have Anderson who doesn't want Blackburn, Big Jim who doesn't want Phil, Thomas who wants Gilbert, and Peyton who would probably be good with Blackburn or Phil or the 2 together.

Reactions: 1 person
Search firm and search committee.

Paralysis by analysis.

This couldn't be more ****ed up if it were in a movie.

Who on the committee tells Manning he's full of **** when he recommends Phillip Fulmer?

That would require them to refute his reasoning ... but they would not be able to do so.

Witch Doctors say sumthing like this.....
"Hey Peyton can we bounce a couple names of you" "
"Sure"
"can we say your on the committee?"
"Dont see why not"

instant credibility.

Bones Never Lie.

Reminds me of being in the Navy. There's a problem. Seasoned NCO offers to fix problem immediately with minimal cost. Officers set up a committee to decide who's going to be on the committee to find a solution to the problem.

Corpsman (from an 03-), that's is why oftentimes it is best to un**** said situation and present the solution after the fact.

Also, because we love you (and yes I know this does not say corpsman):

Attachments

• IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
My favorite part of this online community has always been all the people (especially the negative people) who think they know f*** all about any of this.

CPF knows UT, knows football, and knows how to AD. Dude's been around it like a million years.

Get over it. Or better yet go find meaning in your life outside of UT football.

Boom. Roasted.

Lol!

Attachments

• 2017-01-17-22-55-53--1590308300.jpeg
    2017-01-17-22-55-53--1590308300.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 328
Reactions: 6 people
1. Let's have a meeting to discuss having a meeting to form a committee.
2. Meeting held to discuss meeting who should be considered on the committee.
3. Committee formed to discuss who should be on the committee and allowed at the future meetings to discuss by committee a new AD.
4. After several more meetings the committee decides to recommend Phil Fulmer as the next possible AD at UT.
5. After several reports by numerous media outlets Phil Fulmer is recommended by committee to become next AD.
6. Fulmer is contacted by Several media members concerning his selection as next AD at UT. Fulmer promptly advises that no one from UT has contacted him to be the next AD at UT but he likes the idea.
7. Committee has another meeting to discuss what to say to media.
8. Committee puts out a statement that the process is ongoing and no one has been selected yet, and a search firm is still searching for the most qualified candidate to be the next AD at UT.
9. Committee has a meeting to consider the addition Payton Manning to committee to add additional creditably to committee and ongoing search.
10. Committee has agreed to add Manning to search committee. Manning says hire my old coach. Committee says not so fast we must from another committee to discuss by committee and have additional meetings.

Does this sound about right?

My favorite part of this online community has always been all the people (especially the negative people) who think they know f*** all about any of this.

CPF knows UT, knows football, and knows how to AD. Dude's been around it like a million years.

Boom. Roasted.

I saw value in my life until this post. Why do we even exist now, people?

Can we not just calm down? I'm fairly certain everyone involved with this hire doesn't want to see another Mike Hamilton like debacle. Every VOL fan everywhere had to suffer through the aftermath of that BS. Just let them do what they need to and enjoy the fact in knowing that there are people involved that actually care about the program, especially Peyton.

Reactions: 3 people
Why did this process procrastinate for so long? It's not like Hart put in a two week notice.

Exactly. And by comparison, the best program (football) in the country had their new AD named before the position was even publicly announced to be open. The rumors, half-truths, misinformation that has been coming out of the University for months now about this search is both ridiculous and embarrassing.

We can all relax now! :rock::rock:

Also, without Peyton, NFL is dead to me!

While I understand because I watch virtually no NFL, that might change when Josh Dobbs takes the field. It will be very interesting seeing him operating at that level with an O-line that is hitting on all cylinders.

Bama hires their AD within a 48 hr time span, we're still sitting around with our heads up our asses after Hart announced in the summer. It's pathetic.

Reactions: 2 people
Why is it a joke? Because we don't have a successor already in place for a man who doesn't even retire until later on this year? Is it because you think Blackburn is the obvious hire but the school is too stupid to know this?

This school cares...... money is at stake and they know that. They can talk about student athletes but it comes down to money. This hire may turn out bad but don't act like this process is a joke and it is not being taken seriously by the ones in charge (none of us know what the process even is.....).

It is a joke because the man announced his retirement months ago.

The process is an absolute joke. This isn't Carson Newman. Succession planning at high levels should be standard operating procedure. Not flying the seat of your pants.

This is why football has been in the ****ter for over a decade

And you seriously consider a guy who helped put it there?

The jokes on us

Boom. Roasted.

:eek:lol: "Boom. Roasted."
tenor.gif

Last edited:
1. Let's have a meeting to discuss having a meeting to form a committee.
2. Meeting held to discuss meeting who should be considered on the committee.
3. Committee formed to discuss who should be on the committee and allowed at the future meetings to discuss by committee a new AD.
4. After several more meetings the committee decides to recommend Phil Fulmer as the next possible AD at UT.
5. After several reports by numerous media outlets Phil Fulmer is recommended by committee to become next AD.
6. Fulmer is contacted by Several media members concerning his selection as next AD at UT. Fulmer promptly advises that no one from UT has contacted him to be the next AD at UT but he likes the idea.
7. Committee has another meeting to discuss what to say to media.
8. Committee puts out a statement that the process is ongoing and no one has been selected yet, and a search firm is still searching for the most qualified candidate to be the next AD at UT.
9. Committee has a meeting to consider the addition Payton Manning to committee to add additional creditably to committee and ongoing search.
10. Committee has agreed to add Manning to search committee. Manning says hire my old coach. Committee says not so fast we must from another committee to discuss by committee and have additional meetings.

Does this sound about right?

Whose Payton?

Bama hires their AD within a 48 hr time span, we're still sitting around with our heads up our asses after Hart announced in the summer. It's pathetic.
We're still playing in the sandbox while big brother's going to college.

Reports have stated that Peyton is on AD search committee. Personally, this make me feel better. I think Peyton had enough business acumen to know we need someone with experience. He also know we need someone who loves UT. What say ye? This ease anyone's mind?

What about that pizza dude?

UT is NOT the place for a first-time AD! It's like we're the big-time institution that refuses to "own it" (pun intended).

With the expectations we as a fan base have (realistic or not), and the many nuances that come with being an AD at a football-driven institution in the SEC, why would you want someone who'd be having a first crack at the job, alum/former coach or not??

It's nonsensical at best, and just plain self-destructive at worst.

Reports have stated that Peyton is on AD search committee. Personally, this make me feel better. I think Peyton has enough business acumen to know we need someone with experience. He also knows we need someone who loves UT. What say ye? This ease anyone's mind?

And this is exactly why they brought Peyton in, so you'll be OK with whoever they pick. Think about it

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back