Manning on AD search committee

And this is exactly why they brought Peyton in, so you'll be OK with whoever they pick. Think about it

Why do we think we're getting Fulmer? Because the guys who don't want Blackburn know that it would cause an uproar, so they're choosing somebody who can distract the fans based on his name, not his qualifications.

Why do we think we're getting Fulmer? Because the guys who don't want Blackburn know that it would cause an uproar, so they're choosing somebody who can distract the fans based on his name, not his qualifications.

I don't believe Fulmer will be the AD here anymore

I read reports on Twitter that UT was close to hiring a firm to help with the search. I don't see the point if they already have a team in place. But I do think they brought Peyton on board because they know who ever they hire if his stamp is on it, they will approve it at least for now.

Yes, Knox News has a story up saying they are in the final stages of selecting a search firm. It says they will work with the UT search committee to find AD candidates. No timeline provided.

I'm hoping they all realize through their search that the obvious answer is Blackburn. However, with everything that has been discussed on here it sadly seems that Blackburn was in and certain boosters blocked it, Fulmer was in and certain boosters blocked it. I'm concerned that we may now not end up with a Tennessee guy.

Well, I now believe that the Fulmer stuff was put out there by his camp as a last ditch effort to avoid the alternative candidate. I also believe everyone who heard that Fulmer would be the next AD, but I believe those sources were from Fulmers camp. I don't believe Blackburn is coming either, he's said he's not been contacted and those close to him say he's not a candidate. It's going to be an outside candidate that no one is going to like and that's why they brought Peyton in, to smooth things over and keep everyone calm.

Well, I now believe that the Fulmer stuff was put out there by his camp as a last ditch effort to avoid the alternative candidate. I also believe everyone who heard that Fulmer would be the next AD, but I believe those sources were from Fulmers camp. I don't believe Blackburn is coming either, he's said he's not been contacted and those close to him say he's not a candidate. It's going to be an outside candidate that no one is going to like and that's why they brought Peyton in, to smooth things over and keep everyone calm.

Sadly, this sounds exactly like something Tennessee would do.

If we end up with Jones, Davenport, and Bohn we might as well change our name to the University of Cincinnati at Knoxville.

This has to be one of the most collosaul boon doggles in UT history. This is an easy hire, DB wants to be here, he's a UT man and loves the University. Now they need to pay a company to go out and find some asshat. I swear that University likes to waste money more than they do make it. Take the money you're giving a search firm and tell Butch to get a top notch QB coach and OC....

It is a joke because the man announced his retirement months ago.

The process is an absolute joke. This isn't Carson Newman. Succession planning at high levels should be standard operating procedure. Not flying the seat of your pants.

I don't know the process and neither do you. So acting like it's outrageous when they don't meet your standard is crazy. You and I don't know why.

Reactions: 4 people
So they are in the middle stages of hiring a group of people who is going to give them advice on hiring an AD. Great.

My favorite part of this online community has always been all the people (especially the negative people) who think they know f*** all about any of this.

CPF knows UT, knows football, and knows how to AD. Dude's been around it like a million years.

Get over it. Or better yet go find meaning in your life outside of UT football.

Boom. Roasted.
Fulmer knows how to hire a good OC and right the ship. Fulmer knows how to deal with off the field issues. Fulmer knows how to have meetings at Shines.

Reactions: 1 person
My favorite part of this online community has always been all the people (especially the negative people) who think they know f*** all about any of this.

CPF knows UT, knows football, and knows how to AD. Dude's been around it like a million years.

Boom. Roasted.

how does know how to AD, worst part is the admin at ut, been a cluster**** for years, and as long as a haslam is involve, I don't know if I ever like that

Y'all just need to get off of your high horses and chill out. Please don't let people on this board influence your opinions about this University. Some act like they know everything (know it alls) and sell it as fact, but truth is they know nothing more than you and I.

Amen , sorry but to much negative crap on here for me !!!! Very well said Johnny reb

Last edited:
Reminds me of being in the Navy. There's a problem. Seasoned NCO offers to fix problem immediately with minimal cost. Officers set up a committee to decide who's going to be on the committee to find a solution to the problem.

As a former Navy P.O., I agree 100%.

Search committee could end up being too political which may or may not end up with the best hire. No offense to anyone on the search committee - but to be effective and do the best for UT, they must all be able to leave personal feelings at the door.

Sometimes an independent group is able to put aside the personal aspect of those they are evaluating to make a better decision.

I think all on the committee probably has UT's best interest at heart - but I suspect they will find it difficult if they have to evaluate long time friends objectively.

I'm not so sure all on the committee have UT's best interest at heart. If there are "ego issues", they probably start with the committee, IMHO

This has to be one of the most collosaul boon doggles in UT history. This is an easy hire, DB wants to be here, he's a UT man and loves the University. Now they need to pay a company to go out and find some asshat. I swear that University likes to waste money more than they do make it. Take the money you're giving a search firm and tell Butch to get a top notch QB coach and OC....

Agree. I have zero problem with a search firm or search committee. What I have a problem with is the waste of time between the original announcement of Hart's leaving and starting a search. This is not a job that you wait on, as that hamstrings the athletic department and any personnel changes. The inability to move forward or make progress has been totally inept of our school administration.

Boom. Roasted.

Right on brotha! I hope all these negachumps make the POTUS Trump list and get deported.

Can Peyton determine if a candidate can manage a 100mil budget? Can CPF manage or hire folks that can? Hubb's had reservations about CPF but thought the other guy might. Seems like a big difference in 100mil and UTC pocket money. It's obvious much hatred for CPF. I've not see any football close to his teams since he left.

VN Store

Back