Manning on AD search committee

Reminds me of being in the Navy. There's a problem. Seasoned NCO offers to fix problem immediately with minimal cost. Officers set up a committee to decide who's going to be on the committee to find a solution to the problem.

Were you a navy corpsman with the Marines? Didn't make the connection of Devildog til I read this.

Can Peyton determine if a candidate can manage a 100mil budget? Can CPF manage or hire folks that can? Hubb's had reservations about CPF but thought the other guy might. Seems like a big difference in 100mil and UTC pocket money. It's obvious much hatred for CPF. I've not see any football close to his teams since he left.

I didn't see any close to his old teams the last few years of his tenure, either.

Well, I now believe that the Fulmer stuff was put out there by his camp as a last ditch effort to avoid the alternative candidate. I also believe everyone who heard that Fulmer would be the next AD, but I believe those sources were from Fulmers camp. I don't believe Blackburn is coming either, he's said he's not been contacted and those close to him say he's not a candidate. It's going to be an outside candidate that no one is going to like and that's why they brought Peyton in, to smooth things over and keep everyone calm.

This is very possible. There has been so much media around Blackburn and Fulmer that if it is someone else folks will automatically react even if the person is more qualified and a good hire.

So circle the wagons - let it be known who is on the committee to try to subdue some of the aftermath.

Bama hires their AD within a 48 hr time span, we're still sitting around with our heads up our asses after Hart announced in the summer. It's pathetic.

Bama didn't hire an SJW as Chancellor at the same time either.

VN Store

Back