Mashack next?

You do realize that UConn has won it two years in a row, and Hurley has that same old school recipe…
The “system” isn’t the only factor keeping players. None of UConn’s players have hit the portal (yet) and certainly none that were likely going to get serious playing time. There’s a reason for these players leaving and i suspect our NIL $$ are similar to theirs. So if you’re saying it’s not the “system” then is it the coach?

How do you know “he likes Barnes” and if he does is that enough to keep him? Obviously it wasn’t the case with Awaka and Aidoo. Barnes is NOT a player’s coach. He is hard nosed and has high expectations. He is old school and good at it. That is no longer a recipe for success.
Worked pretty well this year.

How do you know “he likes Barnes” and if he does is that enough to keep him? Obviously it wasn’t the case with Awaka and Aidoo. Barnes is NOT a player’s coach. He is hard nosed and has high expectations. He is old school and good at it. That is no longer a recipe for success.
Nah, just our best season in school history.

The “system” isn’t the only factor keeping players. None of UConn’s players have hit the portal (yet) and certainly none that were likely going to get serious playing time. There’s a reason for these players leaving and i suspect our NIL $$ are similar to theirs. So if you’re saying it’s not the “system” then is it the coach?
0 chance our basketball NIL is similar to UConn's

No reason for UCONN players to hit portal. Out of first 6 players I believe 2 were grad transfers and the other 4 will apply for draft. These bench guys know their time is next.
Yes, but any opportunity for FrozeVol to manipulate the glasses into making Barnes look bad/the problem is an opportunity he will take.

Kevin Durant, TJ Ford, Grant Williams, Lamonte Turner, Santi, JJJ, DK and many, many other former players beg to differ.

Won 25+ games in 5 of the last 7 years. SEC champs this year with an EE and it's "no longer a recipe for success"? Maybe you weren't thinking with that last comment? I will give you the benefit of doubt. You can't be that dumb

Great defender (sometimes) but not a huge contributor on offense. Can't see him doing better than an elite 8 team. Money? Honestly, how marketable is he? He can't pull that much from NIL.

Some of these guys need a dose of reality.

Great defender (sometimes) but not a huge contributor on offense. Can't see him doing better than an elite 8 team. Money? Honestly, how marketable is he? He can't pull that much from NIL.

Some of these guys need a dose of reality.
You lost creditability after your first three words. He's an elite defender and one of the best in the country at his position.

Reactions: SoilVol
Won 25+ games in 5 of the last 7 years. SEC champs this year with an EE and it's "no longer a recipe for success"? Maybe you weren't thinking with that last comment? I will give you the benefit of doubt. You can't be that dumb
I wasn’t talking about coaching success. It was a response to keeping players with the NIL. I said he was a good coach. No question about that.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I guess you mean because they don’t care about football?
Uh.... because their NIL for basketball is leagues above ours, as is their financial investment into facilities and the almost certainly contract increases incoming for their staff and Hurley. Has nothing to do with football. Basketball is their sport.

Not to mention far more user-friendly NIL pages directly associated with the university:

Reactions: knoxvol52
Unfortunately, it seems like we are going to have to get used to what Kentucky has had to deal with for years where the whole roster changes every year due to the transfer rules. I always wondered how they could pull for guys who were such mercenaries and came in and played a year and then left. It’s much easier to pull for guys you think are VFLs. I have a hard time remembering much about our one and done guys like Springer, Keon, Phillips, and Chandler. Are any of them getting significant time in the pros? It’s just a shame that all these agents and handlers are pulling all the strings, often giving terrible advice just for their piece of some “signing bonus”.

VN Store

Back