Mullen’s Offense vs Pruitt’s Defense

You honestly believe our oline can push or even hold up to their dline? I hope so, because if not its last year all over again.

They are playing 3 freshman on the oLine.. and honestly I think we are bigger up front myself.. I honestly think if you take the 6 turnovers last year it’s a completely different game.. but yes I think we are going to be better and stronger than a lot of you think

They are playing 3 freshman on the oLine.. and honestly I think we are bigger up front myself.. I honestly think if you take the 6 turnovers last year it’s a completely different game.. but yes I think we are going to be better and stronger than a lot of you think
If you take away 6 turnovers from ANY game it's a game changer.

Let's just be honest. Florida is overrated. #8 is a joke. They played a bunch of average SEC teams late in the season and racked up wins to be overhyped to start the year. I'm not sure how good Miami is so Florida may win but if not for a lucky punt fake conversion they'd have a goose egg.

Last edited:
gators very over-rated at 8. Swamp will be tough but it’s a winnable game for sure. Franks doesn’t impress, and Miami showing UF defense is vulnerable to s mobile QB.

Bro I am not impressed at all by Florida offense. Haven’t been for years. It’s that defense that scares me

I agree but I see way to many Cane offensive plays taking it to UF's LBs. THAT NEVER happens, some of those gator LBs are getting their noses mashed in, I'm just sayin'

Reactions: IndyVol46 and 08Vol
Best post all night

Reactions: rockytop36
JG can’t move like the Miami QB can. Also JG holds onto the ball way too long. I’m hoping that will be corrected with Chaney calling pass plays that don’t take as long to develop. We need a WR to step up and be a play maker with the ball in his hands. I’m talking making people miss, breaking tackles, etc.

Miami’s defense has a culture focused on forcing turnovers, it has won them a lot of games over the last 2 years and it is why they are leading right now. The only culture our defense had last year was letting teams score a ton on them. Franks will have a lot more time to throw the ball against our D-line than he does against Miami’s. He loves the deep ball so expect our corners to be on an island multiple times where one wrong move results in a TD.

Reactions: BreatheUT
It’s promising that take away one splash play and Miami is pitching a shutout right now. Still, Florida always seems to bring their A game against us and find a way to win.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Miami is being held in there by defensive effort but they don’t seem to have an answer for the speed of Tony. Looks like this one is going to get away from them in the second half. I think Pruitts defense may create more opportunities but I’m not sure that we’ll match the effort Miami is showing thus far. I hope I’m wrong

It’s promising that take away one splash play and Miami is pitching a shutout right now. Still, Florida always seems to bring their A game against us and find a way to win.

Flip side is if you take away UF’s first fumble (unforced) then the score would have probably been 14-3. UF has speed all over the field but Miami does too so it kind of balances out

I know Franks has made us cry. But the truth is that he is not real good. Mullen is the best QB coach in college football and he doesn't look any better to me than last year.....

With that being said, FLAs defense looks good....I think our offense will be much improved, but the defense will struggle unless we can find a consistent pass rush other than DT........I'm hoping a healthy Bituli can be moved around and Butler can shine.....

PS, it will also help if Cornelius Bennett's kid can be 1/2 of what his dad was....

Last edited:
I know Franks has made us cry. But the truth is that he is not real good. Mullen is the best QB coach in college football and he doesn't look any better to me than last year.....

With that being said, FLAs defense looks good....I think our offense will be much improved, but the defense will struggle unless we can find a consistent pass rush other than DT........I'm hoping a healthy Bituli can be moved around and Butler can shine.....

PS, it will also help if Cornelius Bennett's kid can be 1/2 of what his dad was....
Mullen is not the best QB coach... not close

Reactions: memtownvol
You honestly believe our oline can push or even hold up to their dline? I hope so, because if not its last year all over again.
You realize how low that bar is set? And also that 3-4 of our starters likely weren't in the rotation mostly past year? No where to go but up

VN Store

Back