Mullen’s Offense vs Pruitt’s Defense

You realize how low that bar is set? And also that 3-4 of our starters likely weren't in the rotation mostly past year? No where to go but up

Of course we will be improved. Ive been saying 6 maybe 7 wins. But i dont think we improve enough on the lines to beat florida in the swamp.

JG can’t move like the Miami QB can. Also JG holds onto the ball way too long. I’m hoping that will be corrected with Chaney calling pass plays that don’t take as long to develop. We need a WR to step up and be a play maker with the ball in his hands. I’m talking making people miss, breaking tackles, etc.

Miami’s defense has a culture focused on forcing turnovers, it has won them a lot of games over the last 2 years and it is why they are leading right now. The only culture our defense had last year was letting teams score a ton on them. Franks will have a lot more time to throw the ball against our D-line than he does against Miami’s. He loves the deep ball so expect our corners to be on an island multiple times where one wrong move results in a TD.
I'm not concerned with our corners on an island. Best in the country!

Reactions: Volanta
I hope these officials aren’t the same for our game against the lizards. Pathetic!

Edit: Big 12 officials. Thank goodness!

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
Am I the only one who thinks Florida is lining up too deep on the offensive line. Their guards and tackles are always at least a yard off their center.

Alex Smith, 1st overall pick in 2005 NFL Draft
Tim Tebow, college FB legend
Dak Prescott, Cowboys starting QB
Nick Fitzgerald
All of them are system QB’s Tebow isn’t a QB... Dak has had Zeke... and Alex Smith has been average...

Riley for one... QB coach at Clemson
Coach Day has been pretty good... Mullen is good but let’s not get crazy

Thoughts of that Gator D line vs our O line is gonna keep CJP up tonight.... they just platoon people in
Two back sets will be at a premium... Tyler Byrd could make an impact or whoever is in that role maybe Gray that does it

All of them are system QB’s Tebow isn’t a QB... Dak has had Zeke... and Alex Smith has been average...

Riley for one... QB coach at Clemson
Coach Day has been pretty good... Mullen is good but let’s not get crazy

Wouldn't "going crazy" be asserting Mullen wasn't even close to a great QB coach? Even if we try to rationalize the players that he has personally coached (either as a coordinator or position coach) as a "system" QB? Or, better yet, pretend Tebow never played QB at FL and say "he wasn't a QB".. This is nonsense.......its ok to be a VFL and still state the obvious...

BTW, I hope JG becomes a "system QB" this season...

Last edited:
What are your thoughts for those watching Miami vs Florida? Are you seeing Mullen’s offensive philosophy taking hold in year 2? What are your thoughts on Pruitts defensive schemes fully taking hold this year? Or is it too early to tell? Will Ansley and Pruitt be able to game plan and stop Mullen?

Give me your thoughts Volnation
Mullen and uf is really good!!!!!!👾

If Miami wasn’t full of retards, they would be mopping Florida. Dropped punt, and how many penalties?
I wonder how many yards Miami has given up to penalties compared to florida.

Looks like Florida's D line is awesome, but if we can get by them, their LB's and DB's are not tackling very well at all. Gonna have to scheme some to survive their D line onslaught.

Reactions: keenobserver

VN Store

Back