Multiple Level 1 Violations Discovered

Ok so here is a big question. We thought Dooley left the program in bad shape. Butch walks in and ups the ante. Now Pruitt and fat ass Fulmer has left the program in complete shambles.

So how long does the next HC get? I realize many fans on here just automatically assume that if anHV doesn’t get it done in 3 years he is gone. Is that still the case? Is our situation right now exactly the same as many other programs?

when did DiPietro give Fulmer the special assistant job?

Ok so here is a big question. We thought Dooley left the program in bad shape. Butch walks in and ups the ante. Now Pruitt and fat ass Fulmer has left the program in complete shambles.

So how long does the next HC get? I realize many fans on here just automatically assume that if anHV doesn’t get it done in 3 years he is gone. Is that still the case? Is our situation right now exactly the same as many other programs?
We're still hurting at a few positions, but I think the right coach could put us at 2nd-3rd in SEC east where we should be now

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Fulmer sucked as AD.

Really wish we'd hired Blackburn, but we'll probably just revert back to hiring Haslam cronies now.

Crazy to think that Dave Hart (who hired Butch Jones) is easily the best AD we've had since Dickey left in 2002. I don't think it's coincidence that the football program started struggling right after Dickey left (also note that it didn't really become that successful under Majors until Dickey was hired).

I think the UT is far more attractive than the last 2 times.

A good coach can deal with any roster. Just because the roster looks better, which is subjective, doesn't mean the job is more attractive. I think most would contend this is the worst position the program has been left in, certainly not "far more attractive than the last 2 times". NCAA violations, AD getting canned, coach canned = monster dumpster fire! We'll still get a good coach, I hope, but thinking we're somehow better positioned is makes no sense. I'm thankful the Beldar experiment is over and glad Fulmer is adios too. Time to rebuild and start over.

Reactions: LibertyVolance
Anyone think the new coach, AD, and some staff already on the way? Thinking that is why Steele is there, lots of talk with players, Fulmer agreed to leave. It would not surprise me that the changes most have wanted were made by those you are kicking to help those coming in. Stay what you will about Fulmer and players but they are VFLs. Don’t see them intentionally throwing the team and program under the bus. Hope UT goes big and no more projects or position coaches unproven as SEC winning HCs.

The Four-Level Violation Structure in the NCAA | Barry, Barall & Spinella, LLC

Level I: Severe breach of conduct
This level of breaches covers “violations that seriously undermine or threaten the integrity of the NCAA collegiate model as set forth in the Constitution and bylaws.”

The violations are aimed at fair play so that no one school has a competitive or recruiting advantage over another school or receives a substantial benefit that is not permissible.

Examples of level I violations include:

Academic fraud
Failure to cooperate in an NCAA enforcement investigation
Individual unethical or dishonest conduct
Lack of institutional control
Violation due to a head coach’s responsibility for an underlying Level I violation by an individual within the sport program
Bingo

Multiple Level 1 violations?

Not good at all.

I was hoping that Pruitt got caught lying to the investigators and most of the fall out would have been on him.

Could get hit with lack of institutional control if it is bad enough.

Fulmer shouldn't be allowed on campus again if this program gets hit with a bowl ban and lost scholarships.

A good coach can deal with any roster.
Really then tell me why the most successful programs are the ones with the highest recruiting rankings? Sure you'll occasionally get the UCF's and Cincinnati's who have a good year, but they are primarily beating up on their own conference which is not as talented, and able to catch one of the P5's sleepwalking. Fact is the UT rosters were in horrible shape after Butch and Pruitt, they even both said as much (look at Pruitt's quote after the Auburn win). Occasionally you'll get a coach who can out-scheme a more talented team (look at GT's success with the triple option for several years) but fact is this is the best roster a new coach will inherit since Kiffin took over for Fulmer.

Really then tell me why the most successful programs are the ones with the highest recruiting rankings? Sure you'll occasionally get the UCF's and Cincinnati's who have a good year, but they are primarily beating up on their own conference which is not as talented, and able to catch one of the P5's sleepwalking. Fact is the UT rosters were in horrible shape after Butch and Pruitt, they even both said as much (look at Pruitt's quote after the Auburn win). Occasionally you'll get a coach who can out-scheme a more talented team (look at GT's success with the triple option for several years) but fact is this is the best roster a new coach will inherit since Kiffin took over for Fulmer.
Josh Heupel would be a great pick for UT

when did DiPietro give Fulmer the special assistant job?

Phillip Fulmer Named Special Advisor to UT President for Community, Athletics And University Relations - UT System News

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks he had a hand in short circuiting the coaching search under Currie.

Used that to worm his way into the AD job.

Then he works out an extension for himself as he is asking coaching assistants and AD staff to take a pay cut.

That 98 title has come at a heavy price for this program.

VN Store

Back