Multiple Level 1 Violations Discovered

D
Fulmer sucked as AD.

Really wish we'd hired Blackburn, but we'll probably just revert back to hiring Haslam cronies now.

Crazy to think that Dave Hart (who hired Butch Jones) is easily the best AD we've had since Dickey left in 2002. I don't think it's coincidence that the football program started struggling right after Dickey left (also note that it didn't really become that successful under Majors until Dickey was hired).
. Dickey was the best AD we have ever had.

Pruitt would’ve been fine if he were winning. Period. You can cheat and win, you can’t cheat and lose. NCAA hates a cheater that doesn’t put money in their pocket.
This sounds like some crazy conspiracy theory, but I would not be at all surprised if this were really the case. It really does seem like the only schools who get caught and hit hard are the ones having no success. I’m trying to think of successful schools who have had crippling investigations and I can’t think of any.

Really then tell me why the most successful programs are the ones with the highest recruiting rankings? Sure you'll occasionally get the UCF's and Cincinnati's who have a good year, but they are primarily beating up on their own conference which is not as talented, and able to catch one of the P5's sleepwalking. Fact is the UT rosters were in horrible shape after Butch and Pruitt, they even both said as much (look at Pruitt's quote after the Auburn win). Occasionally you'll get a coach who can out-scheme a more talented team (look at GT's success with the triple option for several years) but fact is this is the best roster a new coach will inherit since Kiffin took over for Fulmer.

It becomes a self feeding machine. Saban didn't walk into the best roster at LSU or Alabama but he won big with what was there and built the best roster. It's what great coaches do.

My only hope is that Pruitt learned his cheating at Bama and it finally comes out.
I dont think it would be a surprise to anybody. Whether it matters to the right people is another thing altogether. If Bama was going down during this run, it would have happened by now.

the program has been in shambles since phil's last few years and the disastrous hires of dooley, butch, and jeremey.

Reactions: volkayaker
I don't blame the JP hire all on Fulmer because of the Schiano disaster. But the second this season ended JP should have been fired on the spot.

It becomes a self feeding machine. Saban didn't walk into the best roster at LSU or Alabama but he won big with what was there and built the best roster. It's what great coaches do.

Which was my point. Even Arkansas this past year looked decent even though they had a weak roster and lost quite a few. I'll take that over the cluster we had. Good coaches can change the fortunes of the program from day 1.

Reactions: djohnnyg
For the more knowledgeable ones on the matter.

What is the worst case scenario with violations like these?

What is the best case?

He was here only three years and was investigated and fired in his third year by the university. AD is also gone. It would be hard for the NCAA to say this is a long standing history of lack of institutional control. Imagine we get a one year bowl ban and lose a few scholarships. We get rid of one the worst coaches in Tennessee history and one the most incompetent ADs in the process.
The fact that Fulmer is allowed to “retire” with his dignity may also suggest that the problems do not run too deep. Hopefully, it can be limited to poor supervision of an assistant by Pruitt.

The fact that Fulmer is allowed to “retire” with his dignity may also suggest that the problems do not run too deep. Hopefully, it can be limited to poor supervision of an assistant by Pruitt.
Nieds and Tee most likely and probably a few more! Not sure if Chaney is gone as well with his huge salary but ansley is gone too i think!

Reactions: Border Vol
I don't blame the JP hire all on Fulmer because of the Schiano disaster. But the second this season ended JP should have been fired on the spot.

I do blame the hire on Fulmer. I think he let his past obsessions with Alabama cause him to hire Beldar. I think he was trying to stick it to them again by taking their DC. The program needs to permanently wash it hands of Fulmer.

For the more knowledgeable ones on the matter.

What is the worst case scenario with violations like these?

What is the best case?
Best case is that the ncaa decides to punish the coaches involved and goes easy on the program. Maybe a 1 year bowl ban with a few lost scholarships

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I’m mainly just worried that Bama is going to hire Pruitt as their head coach now. If that happens, we may not beat them for another 20 years.

God I hope they are dumb enough to hire him. Being a HC is a lot more than recruiting and knowing the game. Most of the elite coaches have a genius level understanding of the college game. Pruitt doesn’t come close to that.

Idk. I think they didn’t want to further divide the fan base. Fulmer has seen how the sausage is made in the sec; he knows what goes down. I think slandering him would just further alienate fans.

VN Store

Back