'19 NC CB Tyus Fields (Tennessee signee)

Fields is the brother of Clemson cornerback Mark Fields, and the 247Sports Crystal Ball points to the Tigers as the favorites to land the younger Fields. But Tyus Fields has made it clear he’s not too concerned about joining his brother at Clemson, and getting him on campus Saturday might have given the Vols a legitimate shot with the four-star cornerback. After not visiting Tennessee for almost two years, Fields now is hoping to return to Knoxville within the next few weeks. Even if he can’t make it back to Tennessee next month, he said he “definitely” will visit the Vols again this summer. His recruitment still seems to be relatively open, but he said Tennessee is one of the teams recruiting him hardest, and the Vols appear to be high on his list.

- Callahan

Reactions: 4 people
STOCK RISING
CB Tyus Fields, Cornelius, N.C.

Fields, a four-star prospect, visited Tennessee on Saturday for the first time in nearly two years, and he came away impressed with his first look at the Vols under first-year coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff. He’s the brother of Clemson cornerback Mark Fields, but the younger Fields has insisted he’s not focused on joining his brother in playing for the Tigers. Assuming that’s true, Tennessee seems to be a legitimate contender for Fields, and he’s already hoping to make the trip to Knoxville again, perhaps as early as next month. Clemson, Ohio State and Penn State are among the other teams high on his list.

- Callahan

Reactions: 8 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Man would he be a huge pickup. Very highly rated, massive position of need, would be beating out Clemson head to head for a player. That work they are putting into NC is about to really start paying off IMO.

Kind of feels like we could really get the ball rolling in the next week if guys like Fields, Morris and Keaton jump on board.

I mentioned before when we were recruiting Osbourne that I have a friend on their football staff:

Me-“how does he compare to his brother and Osbourne”

My friend-“better than both”

Reactions: 8 people
Man would he be a huge pickup. Very highly rated, massive position of need, would be beating out Clemson head to head for a player. That work they are putting into NC is about to really start paying off IMO.

Kind of feels like we could really get the ball rolling in the next week if guys like Fields, Morris and Keaton jump on board.

I want to see us get in on Savion Jackson. I know him personally and the kid is a+++ character.

agreed.

Recruiting feels like it is on the verge of exploding. We just need that dam to break.

still got a ways to go. but i think we could be sitting here this time next week saying "here....we....go..." if things go our way with a couple guys that are committing next week, and maybe 1 or 2 more that might pretty soon.

right now, i think we're in a good spot. we have legit shots at several really really highly ranked guys.

and if you're gonna win it, you at least have to be in it.

that much i think we've accomplished.

VN Store

Back