NCAA meeting with UT admin today

I wouldn't put Rucker in the same category as Basilio; if anything Rucker goes out of way to not be homer some of the time.

Yeah and usually doesn't say anything unless he feels it is accurate which is why so many make fun of him.

info from LWS who is usually in the know

Have you heard anything LWS?

LWS replied
"I think we have a resolution in the next 48 hours.. sounding very close to a decision"

Good or bad?

LWS said
"not hearing anything positive"

Reactions: 1 person
If the UT admin send Tyndall packing.....kiss UT basketball goodbye for the next 10 years. No....big time coach will or has the balls to walk into a situation like this.

What is a "situation like this"? 4 sweet 16's in last 9 seasons? First class facilities? Loyal fan base that has been among tops in the league in attendance? No sanctions? UT's only bball problem is they are cheap. If they get with program like rest of league has recently, they can hire a great coach. It's a money thing. Its a fantastic situation if they pay.

I won't say 10 years, but UT basketball won't hire a coach who can turn it around in one year. I will believe it when I see it.

No one thought Pearl would. If we make a hire we need an innovative offensive coach, instead of defense minded coaches like Martin and Tyndall. You can mask a lot of deficiencies with a fast paced o.

I won't say 10 years, but UT basketball won't hire a coach who can turn it around in one year. I will believe it when I see it.

10 years? That's a stretch I would say. One solid recruiting class can change everything. See Calapari's Memphis and Kentucky.

It takes one year to turn it around in basketball. Tyndall can be replaced. He isn't a big time coach himself.

Hart and Cheek are a joke. If it happens,they are not hiring and paying a big name coach. Next year will be shot and you are taking a chance on falling back to the pathetic Wade Houston years.

Yeah....I hate the NCAA.....such a corrupt organization

Because the schools are all corrupt and do not play by their own rules. The NCAA is the schools who belong to the organization. Criticizing the NCAA is hypocritical when your own school cheats.

At least we can terminate while candidates are available and not like we feared of happening late summer or early fall when would be crippling.

So two basic questions... We are expecting something to go down TODAY correct?
And now, which poster will start THE coaching search thread? ;)

info from LWS who is usually in the know

Have you heard anything LWS?

LWS replied
"I think we have a resolution in the next 48 hours.. sounding very close to a decision"

Good or bad?

LWS said
"not hearing anything positive"

Yeah I trust LWS over CBS also.

At least we can terminate while candidates are available and not like we feared of happening late summer or early fall when would be crippling.

If he stays and is suspended, I wonder if they would look at a new asst coach with HC experience.

Because the schools are all corrupt and do not play by their own rules. The NCAA is the schools who belong to the organization. Criticizing the NCAA is hypocritical when your own school cheats.

No its not, I would be all for the NCAA if they had a set policy with set punishments and punished everyone the same. They do not come close to being what the NCAA as a governing body should be.

Reactions: 3 people
I have to admit, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my computing free time during the offseason. And then I remembered the annual VN tradition of the coaching search. We've been through this song and dance so many times we should all be consultants.

Hart and Cheek are a joke. If it happens,they are not hiring and paying a big name coach. Next year will be shot and you are taking a chance on falling back to the pathetic Wade Houston years.

You kind showed our cheap ways predate Hart & Cheek. We got lucky with Bruce and Jerry Green winning with Oneils players. Our boosters have deep pockets but goes to facilities and names on buildings instead of investing in basketball coaches with proven track records.

UT has never had that kind of leadership vision. And never will.

Nor has Bama or Auburn in bball, but now they do. Things can change. If CDT goes, Hart may go which I think could mean Blackburn. I think he would change that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back