NCAA meeting with UT admin today

No one thought Pearl would. If we make a hire we need an innovative offensive coach, instead of defense minded coaches like Martin and Tyndall. You can mask a lot of deficiencies with a fast paced o.

We could discuss this for the hundredth time, but Pearl inherited the all time SEC 3 point shooter and an NBA PG. Our last 2 coaches didn't inherit that type of offense. But I might agree with you on hiring an offensive coach. At least make it exciting.

Flashback to BamaNation.com 2006 ... "If we gotta fire yet anudder coach, especially an on field legend, then Bammer football will be set back tin yeers". :p

If CDT is let go, then it's a setback, but it can be remedied relatively quickly with the right staff. Its basketball.

That being said, I hope we are able to hang on to him.

Ohhh, and the good news is Mike Hamilton did not oversee his contract. Had he done so, it would double the next 3 years of his contract and free use of the UTAD jet in the case that he is fired for NCAA violations. Perspective folks!

It seems almost all speculation is negative at this point so I doubt CDT is our coach next year but either way I'm glad we will finally have some resolution on this so we can get back to recruiting and building without the NCAA black cloud hanging around.

The NCAA is one of the world's biggest and most biased bullies. When they decide to "keep sniffing around" a program, that black cloud never goes away any time soon. Just ask Southern Cal football officials. If CDT is fired, and I hope not, no good coach is going to come anywhere near Knoxville because of these arrogant holier than thou's. I hope, somehow, the NCAA could be dissolved and replaced with a new governing body. However, I'm not holding my breathe....

The NCAA is one of the world's biggest and most biased bullies. When they decide to "keep sniffing around" a program, that black cloud never goes away any time soon. Just ask Southern Cal football officials. If CDT is fired, and I hope not, no good coach is going to come anywhere near Knoxville because of these arrogant holier than thou's. I hope, somehow, the NCAA could be dissolved and replaced with a new governing body. However, I'm not holding my breathe....
They are not looking at this program.... At all

Reactions: 1 person
Where? Who? Haven't seen that at all

Jerry Myer, Don Myer's son, who is one of the top inside information sources on all things collegiate basketball. He was interviewed on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville at noon today and said all his top sources say CDT is gone. I hope he's wrong....

@brentdougherty: Look for Murray St. Coach Steve Prohm to be in the mix if Tyndall is let go as I expect.

Don't know how reliable this guy is, and I don't know how he would know candidates before Tyndall is even fired.

It will be interesting to see what the NCAA does. They basically gave Boehim a slap on the wrist for multiple violations over a long period of time. With the way they hand out punishment, expect the unexpected. Still, remember that Tyndall has the UT brass on his side. Pearl didn't. Unless the NCAA makes it where he can't be effective then he'll still be UT's coach.
Can't recruit now killing us

@brentdougherty: Look for Murray St. Coach Steve Prohm to be in the mix if Tyndall is let go as I expect.

Don't know how reliable this guy is, and I don't know how he would know candidates before Tyndall is even fired.

he's a radio dj in nashville... what would he know?

They mentioned Prohm on Will's show today.

Seems like he'd be a good hire

VN Store

Back