NEW COMMIT!!! TaDarryl Marshall 4-28-15

Versatile, can play WR or DB.

Good kid and good grades.

Very fast and athletic.

Poached him away from alaBummer and the barn.

All GREAT things if you ask me and buTch knows how to evaluate the talent we need.

Rock solid addition!

BOOOOOOOOMMM!!!

WELCOME to Big Orange country young man!

Hope to see you become a all American for us!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Yeppers!

th

:eek:lol: This is what I want to see after the UT-Bama game this year. Now all he needs is the voice of Christopher Loyd in Back to the future.

Reactions: 1 person
I love the way posters will justify offering a three star by citing a few exemptions to the rule like Johnny Manziel and Marcus Marriota. That argument is so weak. It's the same logic that drives people to spend $50 a week on lottery tickets

Reactions: 4 people
I love the way posters will justify offering a three star by citing a few exemptions to the rule like Johnny Manziel and Marcus Marriota. That argument is so weak. It's the same logic that drives people to spend $50 a week on lottery tickets

Don't forget those 2 stars that are now NFL stars....

Fade, I'll admit that I'm more concerned with stars (i.e. talent level) this recruiting cycle because of the fact that we can only take 21 or 22 spots (those are the numbers I've seen thrown around). IMO Butch and Co. need to be more selective with this class than they have in previous years because of this limitation.

I'll also say that I trust the staff in terms of their ability to judge talent. So far we've had some 3 stars who have been major contributors (Sutton and Wolf come to mind; Sutton was a 5.6 on Rivals).. Also, Emmanuel Mosely was a 2*...

Based on the 247 top 10 recruiting teams so far this season, 7 of the 10 have as many or more 3 stars than we do. I go more by what other teams have made them an offer. With Alabama, Auburn and Missouri offers, I would say he is probably a pretty good bet. :hi:

this dude has elite speed, the highlights don't lie there coach literally just tells him to get the direct snap and go. He will be a solid player on whatever side the coaches wish him to develop

Butch and company has turned down high profile players and had even pulled offers from top recruits. That plus bringing in back to back top 5 classes, don't you think we should trust his eye for talent rather than freaking out over his star rating?

Reactions: 4 people
Not true, Alabama and Auburn both wanted him to camp before they told him a position. Both schools would have taken his commitment as an athlete.

I'd disagree on this going by what Callahan said. Auburn offer was committable, Bama wasn't ready to take him if he wanted to commit. It doesn't matter though the kid is talented and will be a great NB for us. Leeds is traditionally an Auburn area anyways; family are Vol fans.

this dude has elite speed, the highlights don't lie there coach literally just tells him to get the direct snap and go. He will be a solid player on whatever side the coaches wish him to develop

A 4.52 40 for a DB is not elite. It's Big 10 maybe, but not elite.

Buying a lotto ticket is just luck. A better analogy is buying a used car. You and I are going to look at miles and what Consumer Reports says about that year, make, & model. But someone like my uncle who has been a professional mechanic his whole life can dig deeper and find the true value.

Butch and his crew have shown to be good judges of talent and potential so far. Soon a UT offer will give a star bump just like a Bama offer does now.

Reactions: 6 people
Only a three star...don't want.
You might not but little nicky did and little Gus did, i think coach Jones might know talent a little more than you do, so MR MARSHALL COME ON DOWN TO BIG ORANGE COUNTRY MY NEW VFL FRIEND, all i can say is :welcomec::welcomec::welcomec::3cheers::3cheers::3cheers::bammer::bammer::bammer::baloon::baloon::baloon::hello2::hello2::hello2::3083yourock::3083yourock::3083yourock::td::td::td::welcome3::welcome3::welcome3::muahaha::muahaha::muahaha::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Reactions: 3 people

Ya it makes me sick. "Cam Sutton was a three star" that's all I hear.

A 4.52 40 for a DB is not elite. It's Big 10 maybe, but not elite.

Think about it a minute you run your 40 in shorts, thats just pure speed, when you put your pads and helmet on then there is football speed some of the little guys that run 4.4 turn in to 4.6 or 4.7.

Last edited:
No team is going to fill out there roster with 25 4 stars every year, i dont care w ho you are, you got to take a chance on some 3 stars, thats just the way it is, in the Super Bowl this year there were like 30 starting 3 stars out of the 42 starter for the game, no you dont want to fill out your roster with 20 3 stars, but you got to take 5 or 6 3 stars, look where we are now than 3 years ago, we are about to turn the corner again of being elite and one of the top program in the country, so if the BUTCHER wonts a 2 star thats alright with me he has proven he knows talent and he recruits talent so if he puts his OK on the recruit i trust the man, we are TENNESSEE and the Butcher has got us on the verge of being a azz kicking team again and we TENNESSEE will be the AZZ kickers instead of the receivers, we are TENNESSEE WE ARE COMING LIKE A BIG ORANGE FREIGHT TRAIN OUT OF CONTROL.:yahoo:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back