NEW COMMIT!!! TaDarryl Marshall 4-28-15

Ya it makes me sick. "Cam Sutton was a three star" that's all I hear.

Guys, there is nothing to stop this guy from picking up a fourth star between now and NSD. If this staff has shown anything, it's that they can evaluate and recruit elite talent. Have faith in them. Marshall certainly appears to have the tools to be an elite player.

Reactions: 1 person
Should we just go ahead and drop him then in your expert opinion?

I think Tennessee has everything that can attract a better football player than this guy. Let's take a wabi and see approach, but is bet this guy is kicked to the curb when a true enforcer is ready to sign come January.

I think Tennessee has everything that can attract a better football player than this guy. Let's take a wabi and see approach, but is bet this guy is kicked to the curb when a true enforcer is ready to sign come January.

Wow

Maybe you should rehash your 3 star millionaire thread for this class. Raise awareness of what's going on

You have absolutely no clue about this guy outside of a number and star that a recruiting service has put by his name.

Reactions: 5 people

I've appreciated the perspective you bring but not this post - you can bet this high school junior (16 year old?) doesn't need to hear or read this after making a commitment to become a Tennessee Volunteer. I hope young Marshall works hard this upcoming year to prepare himself academically and athletically for what's ahead. GO VOLS.

Reactions: 2 people
The kid has a poverty offer list besides Auburn.

Auburn is a pretty damn good offer considering they're instate and have probably evaluated him extensively. Were we supposed to wait until after he chose Auburn and got more offers before deciding he was a take? Our coaches get paid to evaluate these players and from what I've seen so far I'll trust their opinions over recruiting services.

Can everyone please stop star watching. People hate the Sutton comparison so here's another one that shows rating services aren't the final judge.
5* (.9992) Myles Garrett was the #2 ranked player overall, #1 WDE, and #1 in TX.
4* (.9164) Derek Barnett was the #206 ranked player overall, #13 SDE, and #5 in TN.
Now put the stat line with the player
72 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 10 sacks, 1 FR
53 tackles, 14 TFL, 11.5 sacks, 1 PBU

One was a high 5 star, one was a low 4 star. Anyone think the evaluators want to go back and fix their rankings on these 2?

At some point the football forum regulars will realize what the recruiting forum regulars already know: Nationdom has a shtick about star ratings and fervently sticks to it. He does not vary or yield. It's just what he does. Don't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd disagree on this going by what Callahan said. Auburn offer was committable, Bama wasn't ready to take him if he wanted to commit. It doesn't matter though the kid is talented and will be a great NB for us. Leeds is traditionally an Auburn area anyways; family are Vol fans.

I'm not on Govols247 so I don't know what he said. I'm going by Bama fans on their sites. Some say he wasn't a take, and others say he was. They thought he was going to GT so he could play qb. Bama was primarily recruiting him as a receiver and had others ahead of him, but would have taken his commitment. Worst case scenario they could just move him to db like Eddie Jackson. Bama was even willing to give him a shot at qb the next time he went to one of their camps

Can everyone please stop star watching. People hate the Sutton comparison so here's another one that shows rating services aren't the final judge.
5* (.9992) Myles Garrett was the #2 ranked player overall, #1 WDE, and #1 in TX.
4* (.9164) Derek Barnett was the #206 ranked player overall, #13 SDE, and #5 in TN.
Now put the stat line with the player
72 tackles, 20.5 TFL, 10 sacks, 1 FR
53 tackles, 14 TFL, 11.5 sacks, 1 PBU

One was a high 5 star, one was a low 4 star. Anyone think the evaluators want to go back and fix their rankings on these 2?

I mean they definitely want to change their ranking of Barnett, but I doubt they want to change their ranking on Garrett...

I see your point though, just saying

VN Store

Back