Next years class for Barnes.

rickyyrs

Anyone know who he has coming in as far as recruits or Transfer portal. We are losing JJJ, Santi, And Dalton. 3 pretty big shoes to fill.

Anyone know who he has coming in as far as recruits or Transfer portal. We are losing JJJ, Santi, And Dalton. 3 pretty big shoes to fill.
Bishop Boswell, and I’m sure we get a couple transfers, because I think Jefferson and maybe Dillione leave. I have a weird feeling Aidoo may get poached. Teams tried last year. I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Bishop Boswell, and I’m sure we get a couple transfers, because I think Jefferson and maybe Dillione leave. I have a weird feeling Aidoo may get poached. Teams tried last year. I hope I’m wrong.

Aidoo picked us and took less NIL to stay, I only see him leaving if the NBA evaluation confirms he can get drafted.

Aidoo picked us and took less NIL to stay, I only see him leaving if the NBA evaluation confirms he can get drafted.
Yeah, I hope you’re right. You probably are. I’m not saying he will leave, I just have a feeling it’s not a guarantee he’s back and teams try to poach him. With the portal and NIL being what it is, there are very few players I see as being slam dunks to return to their respective teams.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope you’re right. I’m not saying he will leave, I just have a feeling it’s not a guarantee he’s back. With the portal and NIL being what it is, there are very few players I see as being slam dunks to return to their respective teams.
Most teams I’d agree… and I’m not sunshine pumping it’s a fact, this Tennessee team under Barnes is different than the industry standard for college basketball rt now. I agree all 3 you named could dip. But I just don’t see it. For Jefferson, he’s stuck this far and celebrates and is still bought in as much as any other player on the squad. Dillion is the most likely imo, but he still seems bought in, should know the playing time window is about to be wide open next yr for him and the good lord willing a great run this post season could lock him into the good orange for the rest of his college career. And Aidoo does not like the limelight or attention. Jmo He appears to love Tennessee and as long as we’re competitive with the NIL $ he will be 🍊 for life as well. My hope and opinion

Why Dillione? He seems to be in line to pick up major minutes next year so why would he leave? I hope you’re wrong as I think he’s going to be a really good player for someone.

So you have no inside information concerning these players. There’s been no articles written indicating any of the 3 are likely gone. And the one proven insider on this forum has stated he’s heard nothing about any of the 3 leaving.

But, you have a feeling or suspicions they will leave such that you should start a new thread on this topic?

So you have no inside information concerning these players. There’s been no articles written indicating any of the 3 are likely gone. And the one proven insider on this forum has stated he’s heard nothing about any of the 3 leaving.

But, you have a feeling or suspicions they will leave such that you should start a new thread on this topic?
Yeah, a feeling, as in an opinion. Key terms were “a feeling” , “I think”, “maybe” due to the playing time situation this year and neither getting as much as expected . Jefferson getting little at all. Where did I claim I had inside information? When did I start a thread? What are you talking about? Go off though.

Jefferson would make some amount of sense.. Aidoo and Dillone not so much. We could bring in an All America post in through he portal and Aidoo is still a starter at the other front court spot. Dillone has 20+ mins with his name on it with Santi and Knecht gone.

Last but not least I think Barnes has built a culture here. Nkamhoua was an outlier. Still don't get why he left to be honest. Michigan is closer to home for him? Does he like losing? He did put up career numbers on a horrible (for Michigan) team. Last time they lost less than 15 games was '07 last time less than 10 '81

Most teams I’d agree… and I’m not sunshine pumping it’s a fact, this Tennessee team under Barnes is different than the industry standard for college basketball rt now. I agree all 3 you named could dip. But I just don’t see it. For Jefferson, he’s stuck this far and celebrates and is still bought in as much as any other player on the squad. Dillion is the most likely imo, but he still seems bought in, should know the playing time window is about to be wide open next yr for him and the good lord willing a great run this post season could lock him into the good orange for the rest of his college career. And Aidoo does not like the limelight or attention. Jmo He appears to love Tennessee and as long as we’re competitive with the NIL $ he will be 🍊 for life as well. My hope and opinion
I hope you’re right. Maybe it’s just my BVS. My feelings mean nothing and are usually not right. Either way, I think we had a couple via portal.

Jefferson would make some amount of sense.. Aidoo and Dillone not so much. We could bring in an All America post in through he portal and Aidoo is still a starter at the other front court spot. Dillone has 20+ mins with his name on it with Santi and Knecht gone.

Last but not least I think Barnes has built a culture here. Nkamhoua was an outlier. Still don't get why he left to be honest. Michigan is closer to home for him? Does he like losing? He did put up career numbers on a horrible (for Michigan) team.
Aidoo leaving wouldn’t make sense at all, but players are getting recruited by programs all the time, so I’m sure some will try, as they did last year.

Aidoo leaving wouldn’t make sense at all, but players are getting recruited by programs all the time, so I’m sure some will try, as they did last year.
And fail. Look lets be honest here...Aidoo is a good player for this program but what team dripping NIL money is he going to? Players from Programs at UTs level lose players for 3 reasons.

1 playing time/recruited over. not the case at all.
2 Homesickness/internal problems in program. Neither seem to be an issue.
3 Someone bigger and badder needs him....what team bigger and badder than UT needs him?

He ain't going anywhere. yes and we should be happy about that. Don't beg for drama

And fail. Look lets be honest here...Aidoo is a good player for this program but what team dripping NIL money is he going to? Players from Programs at UTs level lose players for 3 reasons.

1 playing time/recruited over. not the case at all.
2 Homesickness/internal problems in program. Neither seem to be an issue.
3 Someone bigger and badder needs him....what team bigger and badder than UT needs him?

He ain't going anywhere. yes and we should be happy about that. Don't beg for drama
begging for drama? I didn’t say he was. I said “a feeling”. It’s a freaking message board and it was clearly stated as an opinion. Why would I want him to go anywhere? I know he will be in demand. You saying one thing is a certainty is no different than me saying something “may”, “could” happen. Only I’m not the one claiming to know for sure, one way of the other. You’re claiming “he ain’t going anywhere”, whereas I simply said I had a feeling. I have lots of feelings, most don’t come to fruition. I had a feeling Bama would beat us a couple weeks ago. I had a feeling I’d pass Math my junior year of high school. I never said any would leave or should leave, and I certainly don’t want them to leave. Why would I not be happy about it. You people make crap up. You’re blowing up a post on which I state a “feeling” he may get poached(which simply means teams will try to get him) and inferring crap I never said, and I am the one begging for drama? Ok.

Last edited:
Yeah, a feeling, as in an opinion. Key terms were “a feeling” , “I think”, “maybe” due to the playing time situation this year and neither getting as much as expected . Jefferson getting little at all. Where did I claim I had inside information? When did I start a thread? What are you talking about? Go off though.
Well if you’ve been following the basketball forum this season, you’d know Jefferson had some academic issues that kept him off the court. Barnes is nice enough to not make that completely known to the press. Doesn’t mean he won’t get the grades in order and be a contributor next season.

I think the guys on our bench have gotten a good look at what remaining under Barnes' "coach 'em hard" style can do to improve a player's game, even in just one year.

I can only see guys leaving if their aspirations are not high enough to put in that amount of work.

I'm not calling anyone lazy... I just think they've seen the investment needed for success at this level, and some may balk. (...and regret it later in life.)

Last edited:
Well if you’ve been following the basketball forum this season, you’d know Jefferson had some academic issues that kept him off the court. Barnes is nice enough to not make that completely known to the press. Doesn’t mean he won’t get the grades in order and be a contributor next season.
You got me, I don’t live on the basketball forum. Solid own. So, the coach is nice enough to keep the grade thing quiet, but some clout chaser “insider” on Volnation gave out that information about the young man. And you’re mad at me? For saying “I have a feeling” a player “MAY get poached?”, while claiming no inside info and in a follow up post saying it’s likely my BVS? Ok. I hope you feel better.

Last edited:
He may receive feedback to go to NBA, but he’s not ready imo. He has to get stronger or develop an outside shot. Just my $.02 but another year will help Aidoo prepare for NBA.

Aidoo should absolutely return. He's got the tools, but he would get eaten alive right now in the pros as soft as he is too often inside. Another season of hard work on finishing strong, learning another couple of post moves, and maybe extending his range to be an acceptable 3-point shooter would help him immeasurably.

He may receive feedback to go to NBA, but he’s not ready imo. He has to get stronger or develop an outside shot. Just my $.02 but another year will help Aidoo prepare for NBA.
Aidoo needs a lot of space to make plays. Take away his space and he is a turnover machine. 20 more lbs and a lot more hand strength before he is ready.

You got me, I don’t live on the basketball forum. Solid own. So, the coach is nice enough to keep the grade thing quiet, but some clout chaser “insider” on Volnation gave out that information about the young man. And you’re mad at me? For saying “I have a feeling” a player “MAY get poached?”, while claiming no inside info and in a follow up post saying it’s likely my BVS? Ok. I hope you feel better.
I’m not mad at you - your just one of the many drive by posters to the forum who will disappear in 4 weeks.

Reactions: Vawlz and GenRRN
begging for drama? I didn’t say he was. I said “a feeling”. It’s a freaking message board and it was clearly stated as an opinion. Why would I want him to go anywhere? I know he will be in demand. You saying one thing is a certainty is no different than me saying something “may”, “could” happen. Only I’m not the one claiming to know for sure, one way of the other. You’re claiming “he ain’t going anywhere”, whereas I simply said I had a feeling. I have lots of feelings, most don’t come to fruition. I had a feeling Bama would beat us a couple weeks ago. I had a feeling I’d pass Math my junior year of high school. I never said any would leave or should leave, and I certainly don’t want them to leave. Why would I not be happy about it. You people make crap up. You’re blowing up a post on which I state a “feeling” he may get poached(which simply means teams will try to get him) and inferring crap I never said, and I am the one begging for drama? Ok.
^^^^^^^^
Drama queen.

I’m just playing man.

I’m not mad at you - your just one of the many drive by posters to the forum who will disappear in 4 weeks.
Another solid own. I’ve been around a while though. You’re right that I don’t live in a message board or post on it all year long. You’re more fan than me. Where shall I send the medal?
Also, it’s “you’re”.

Isn't academic standing tied to the portal?

VN Store

Back