Next years class for Barnes.

I wasn't taking a shot at Aidoo, just saying a lot of his success has come from this team stretching the defense to give him the space he needs to work. He has taken advantage of that and has the numbers to show for it, he is just not ready to go head to head with the NBA bigs inside. He needs the year.
I though Dilione was exactly what we needed , a guard who can get to the rim during a scoring drought. I am surprised he has not seen the floor more.
I think Aidoo has come a long way in his development as a force our basketball team. I do think he needs more strength, especially in his hands, and he needs to become more consistent in his play. Another off season should find him playing consistantly at the level of the top centers in college basketball.

Last edited:
See a lot of people taking shots at Aidoo so I'll go ahead and say it. Dilione has never really flashed to me and I honestly don't think the kid is that good. Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't back. Even with Santi a no show he can't find more minutes.

For next year I'm most excited to see Carr.
Agree that Carr is the one I'm most excited about. With a year of development, he could be an absolute stud. He's just dripping with athleticism.

I'm not ready to give up on Dillione yet, but I don't see him as a Point Guard. He needs to work on his shot and defense and play the Wing. I could see him facilitate as a penetrate and dish kind of guy, but not as a primary ballhandler.

Reactions: spyfish007
Michael Ajai- Peperdine -6'7 guard averaged almost 10 boards a game and shot 47% from 3. In the transfer portal, seems like a great fit to me.

He would be a good replacement for JJJ.

Yep. Hopefully, Freddie playing some against UK is a sign that he's picked it up in practice.
He was on the Sunday night local program with Packer and seemed pretty happy a few weeks ago. Laughed with a NO answer to the question of if he had a green light. Was on with Mayshak I think. Maybe another, I am old. Never know about a kid till you do. Hope he hangs.

I think we will get 1 or 2 from the portal. (Ialso believe that a couple of this years Freshmen will be ready to contribute next year. We will be younger, but we will still have a lot of talent. It would br nice to find another D K in the portal. I wonder if they will go after the kid from Carson Newman who is filling the basket this year.
DK was lightning in a bottle. Ain't getting that kind of player every year...and maybe not ever again. We need a physical big for sure IMO. Know we've got another PG coming so maybe a couple of guys who can score the ball would round out the roster? Then again it depends on who decides to seek greener pastures. Know rumors abound, but I'd have to think Jefferson is gone. Don't see Aidoo leaving. Right now my #1 concern is Dillione. He's the kind of guy who just blossoms and explodes on the scene after a couple of years of seasoning/growth. Used to look forward to these Barnes developmental guys finally getting their time on the stage. With the portal, that's no longer a given. Still, I can't recall anyone who left as a transfer that was all that special. I'm of the mind that anyone who does depart is someone that Barnes really didn't think would be a serious contributor.

DK was lightning in a bottle. Ain't getting that kind of player every year...and maybe not ever again. We need a physical big for sure IMO. Know we've got another PG coming so maybe a couple of guys who can score the ball would round out the roster? Then again it depends on who decides to seek greener pastures. Know rumors abound, but I'd have to think Jefferson is gone. Don't see Aidoo leaving. Right now my #1 concern is Dillione. He's the kind of guy who just blossoms and explodes on the scene after a couple of years of seasoning/growth. Used to look forward to these Barnes developmental guys finally getting their time on the stage. With the portal, that's no longer a given. Still, I can't recall anyone who left as a transfer that was all that special. I'm of the mind that anyone who does depart is someone that Barnes really didn't think would be a serious contributor.
Isn’t that Awaka?

He's too short to really match up with these 6'10" beasts we seem to struggle with. Great when we play small ball, but a legit big is our kryptonite.
To me Estrella getting better, Awaka improving and Aidoo getting stronger seems a better strategy than adding an additional big to that mix and likely running someone off. JMO

Michael Ajai- Peperdine -6'7 guard averaged almost 10 boards a game and shot 47% from 3. In the transfer portal, seems like a great fit to me.

Just looked at him and looks like he could fit in well with what we do. Curious about his background. He only played one season of varsity basketball in high school and only averaged like 10ppg as a senior.

To me Estrella getting better, Awaka improving and Aidoo getting stronger seems a better strategy than adding an additional big to that mix and likely running someone off. JMO
Depends on how much weight and strength Estrella adds AND most importantly, if he has that physicality to his game. I haven't seen enough of him to know one way or the other, but there are times....like today...where we need to be able to play some bully ball with teams like MSU and SCjr. Can Estrella be a combo of Plavi and Aidoo? Hope so, but if we go into next year depending on Aidoo to be a physical presence down low, I suspect we'll be disappointed. Not that guys can't change and improve, but I think nearing the end of his 3rd year, he is what he is.

VN Store

Back