Next years class for Barnes.

Does Drew Pember have one more year due to Covid? If he did would he be a candidate to come back.

I can't find the article now, but it basically alluded to the fact the Barnes will likely be very picky and focused on who he will take in the transfer portal for next season. We do lose a lot of talent but also have some nice pieces coming back. Article said he will be looking for a scoring big guard or small forward likely. No telling who is looking for greener pastures next year but UT is in a great place to get their pick imo. Likely a name no one has thought of. Who had Knecht on their radar at this time last year?

Barnes has shown that he doesn't feel the need to fill that last spot just because it's there with a current year signee. Let's say we have 1 player portal out (no idea who, just playing the odds), then we'd theoretically have 4 spots. It wouldn't surprise me to see the coaches add 2 transfers and holding the last spot to supplement next year's class.

Does Drew Pember have one more year due to Covid? If he did would he be a candidate to come back.

I don’t think so. This is his 3rd year at UNC-A after 2 years at UT.

Fulkerson had 6 years at UT, but that is because he was injured as a freshman and received a medical hardship waiver in addition to his optional COVID year.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I truly believe that had BHH stayed he would be a first round pick. Even as a freshman, he had great footwork, soft hands and nice touch to go along with great size. He might still be a first rounder, I’m not sure on that, but I have no doubt he would’ve been with the help of Barnes and staff.
He Averaged 12 and 8 this season got Louisville.

This whole thread is becoming so typical on here. Can we wait until we see the potentially good results from this season BEFORE we start finding things to worry about for NEXT season? I don't think it really matters what happens next year at this point. We are poised to possibly make the deepest run in the tournament in the history of our program THIS year. I know BVS is strong, but why look so hard for negative futures?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Whatever that means.
It means that I never said it makes sense. A lot of people do things that don’t make any sense. I feel like I have explained it a few times now. It was a feeling that a lot of teams are going to come hard after him. Just because something doesn’t make sense doesn’t mean it cannot happen. I never said it would happen or that it would make sense.

Last edited:
He made little sense lol. Lots of pronouns here. Mostly the word it. Are you saying something else? Because frankly unless you are, this makes no sense. And even that comes out like a broken psychic. You sound like my old boss when you write. Anyways, I have heard it all before and Aidoo is still here. ;)

“It means that I never said it makes sense. A lot of people do things I don’t make any sense. I feel like I have explained it a few times now. It was a feeling that a lot of things are going to come hard after him. Just because something doesn’t make sense doesn’t it it cannot happen. I never said it”would happen would make sense.
I’m actually not writing anything, was driving so it was the voice thing. You got me.

Nah I didn’t get you.
Naw man, you totally got me. there were typos from me using voice typing. You caught it and copied and pasted and expose meI may never recover. Y’all are acting like I’m making a case for the dude leaving or saying he will leave, and I haven’t said it. It wouldn’t make sense for him to leave. I simply said a had a bad feeling teams will come after him again and one may offer more money. I have bad feelings all the time. They usually don’t come to fruition. I never said it would make sense.

This whole thread is becoming so typical on here. Can we wait until we see the potentially good results from this season BEFORE we start finding things to worry about for NEXT season? I don't think it really matters what happens next year at this point. We are poised to possibly make the deepest run in the tournament in the history of our program THIS year. I know BVS is strong, but why look so hard for negative futures?

We’re losing 60% of the starting lineup. Discussing next year’s roster is an interesting discussion.

Someone always transfers. Not sure this year will be different. Even if everyone stays, the roster only has two proven starters. Barnes and staff have a lot of work to do. We need to be very realistic with expectations.
If Mashack can get a consistent mid-range game and perhaps get his 3pt shot in the low 40% range he will start. His Defense alone should have him as a starter next season. Just not sure who Coach Barnes goes after in the Portal.

So you have no inside information concerning these players. There’s been no articles written indicating any of the 3 are likely gone. And the one proven insider on this forum has stated he’s heard nothing about any of the 3 leaving.

But, you have a feeling or suspicions they will leave such that you should start a new thread on this topic?
Who is the proven insider?
Sorry, I took a wrong turn headed for the baseball forum and am just lurking in here.

I think we will get 1 or 2 from the portal. (Ialso believe that a couple of this years Freshmen will be ready to contribute next year. We will be younger, but we will still have a lot of talent. It would br nice to find another D K in the portal. I wonder if they will go after the kid from Carson Newman who is filling the basket this year.

Reactions: Volfan1000
See a lot of people taking shots at Aidoo so I'll go ahead and say it. Dilione has never really flashed to me and I honestly don't think the kid is that good. Wouldn't surprise me if he isn't back. Even with Santi a no show he can't find more minutes.

For next year I'm most excited to see Carr.
I wasn't taking a shot at Aidoo, just saying a lot of his success has come from this team stretching the defense to give him the space he needs to work. He has taken advantage of that and has the numbers to show for it, he is just not ready to go head to head with the NBA bigs inside. He needs the year.
I though Dilione was exactly what we needed , a guard who can get to the rim during a scoring drought. I am surprised he has not seen the floor more.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back