No Respect for QD!

Barton Simmons from 247Sports released his rankings for SEC Quarterbacks a couple of days ago. Here's a snippet:

I realize as Tennessee fans, we may have a tendency to view the world through orange-colored glasses, but is Simmons significantly underrating Dormady? From what I've seen out of him, QD looks pretty good throwing the ball. I don't expect him to immediately be as good as Josh Dobbs, but I also don't think he's the 2nd worst QB in the SEC. Not only do we have QD, but Jarrett Guarantano was more highly recruited than Jalen Hurts, who they have ranked as #1.

Personally, I'd take QD over Malik Zaire (who they have at #9) in a heartbeat. No real debate. Can QD really be that low or is this ranking insane? Is this just the "we automatically value mediocre QBs with experience over good QBs without it" logic?

I hope our team comes out this year with a chip on their shoulder. Last season, the media got carried away with 11-1 and 10-2 type predictions. This year, they've gone to the other extreme, saying we have the 2nd worst QB in the SEC, and that we'll finish 4th or 5th in the division (behind Kentucky who we've clobbered for several years in a row!) Maybe I'm wearing orange-colored glasses, I think our team is much better than the media is giving us credit for.

I don't think that's underrating him. He hasn't played a meaningful snap yet. He looked good in spring, but it doesn't mean it'll exactly translate over. He definitely has the physical and mental abilities to be a top QB.

I do agree that there have been some outlandish predictions for our season.

This list don't mean jack, let's revisit/bump the list at the end of the season. It's really impossible to rank a young QB that hasn't played a meaningful down of football yet.

He could be better than Dobbs (or anyone else for that matter) from the first throw on. All anyone has really seen is the scrub time from the fall and a 10 for 10 showing in the spring. Nobody has a clue until a game is played. Former receivers say almost ever pass he throws is perfect. You can't get much better than that. Maybe he shouldn't have even been on the list with nothing to base a useless opinion on.

I'm all in for QD. He may put on clinic come Sept, 4. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
DiderotGhost Im not a long Volunteer fan. But I like your team. Im tryeng to read much I can when free to learn more. Your Quinten quarterback maybe not fair judgment. I think he have not played game yet. So your report man maybe right. Bienenstich maybe look good. Maybe smell good. But you dont know if taste good ontil you eat it. Maybe very good. Maybe salty. Maybe too sugar. Maybe too yeast. Maybe cook forgot add carmel almond top. Quinten quarterback same. He has not been foot game testen yet. So your report man dont know if good or bad.

Reactions: 8 people
diderotghost im not a long volunteer fan. But i like your team. Im tryeng to read much i can when free to learn more. Your quinten quarterback maybe not fair judgment. I think he have not played game yet. So your report man maybe right. Bienenstich maybe look good. Maybe smell good. But you dont know if taste good ontil you eat it. Maybe very good. Maybe salty. Maybe too sugar. Maybe too yeast. Maybe cook forgot add carmel almond top. Quinten quarterback same. He has not been foot game testen yet. So your report man dont know if good or bad.

wth

Reactions: 1 person
DiderotGhost Im not a long Volunteer fan. But I like your team. Im tryeng to read much I can when free to learn more. Your Quinten quarterback maybe not fair judgment. I think he have not played game yet. So your report man maybe right. Bienenstich maybe look good. Maybe smell good. But you dont know if taste good ontil you eat it. Maybe very good. Maybe salty. Maybe too sugar. Maybe too yeast. Maybe cook forgot add carmel almond top. Quinten quarterback same. He has not been foot game testen yet. So your report man dont know if good or bad.

Lol!

NICE JOB, I gave you a LIKE!

Idiots around here don't appreciate cooking lessons with their QB analysis - I'm not surprised.

Didn't watch bama much but Hurts does not impress me, maybe he gets better he was only a freshman. His throwing of the pigskin is sub par.

English as a second language.

Danke

English as a second language.

Yes true. Sorry my bad Englisch bother some people. I will learn better here and school. I like your orange team. Very different color and helm. Very different name no animal name no barbarian name. I hope see Jakob play more. He my favorite on your Volunteer team.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes true. Sorry my bad Englisch bother some people. I will learn better here and school. I like your orange team. Very different color and helm. Very different name no animal name no barbarian name. I hope see Jakob play more. He my favorite on your Volunteer team.

A Vol is a Vol.

...is a Vol.

Reactions: 2 people
Barton Simmons from 247Sports released his rankings for SEC Quarterbacks a couple of days ago. Here's a snippet:

I realize as Tennessee fans, we may have a tendency to view the world through orange-colored glasses, but is Simmons significantly underrating Dormady? From what I've seen out of him, QD looks pretty good throwing the ball. I don't expect him to immediately be as good as Josh Dobbs, but I also don't think he's the 2nd worst QB in the SEC. Not only do we have QD, but Jarrett Guarantano was more highly recruited than Jalen Hurts, who they have ranked as #1.

Personally, I'd take QD over Malik Zaire (who they have at #9) in a heartbeat. No real debate. Can QD really be that low or is this ranking insane? Is this just the "we automatically value mediocre QBs with experience over good QBs without it" logic?

I hope our team comes out this year with a chip on their shoulder. Last season, the media got carried away with 11-1 and 10-2 type predictions. This year, they've gone to the other extreme, saying we have the 2nd worst QB in the SEC, and that we'll finish 4th or 5th in the division (behind Kentucky who we've clobbered for several years in a row!) Maybe I'm wearing orange-colored glasses, I think our team is much better than the media is giving us credit for.

It's funny to me that most of the sports media wants to declare Stiddham and Zaire stars and overlook a lot of proven QBs. They did it with Jeremy Johnson a couple of years ago - going as far as to say he was going to compete for the Heisman. I'm not saying either of those qbs are bad, just not getting the hype.

I think Tennessee is in a great situation with QD and JG. I think whichever qb wins the starting role will perform well.

QD hasn't even earned the starting job yet. Avoiding the preseason hype is a not a bad thing for either of our QBs. Instead of focusing on meaningless media speculation, they can focus on competing for the chance to play. Win-win.

Based on the writer's logic, it's easy to see why Alabama struggled so mightily last year with a freshman starting at QB. Hurts would not have been on the list, yet is #1 this year. You never know until the season starts.

If the writer has Zaire anywhere above 13 then he's not using logic. His article becomes worthless after that. As bad as Florida is at QB, Zaire still shouldn't be competitive there. He couldn't even win the job on a team with a losing record.

Reactions: 3 people
One of the worst years in a while for QBs in the SEC and QD is a complete unknown. Putting him at #13 isnt a surprise. Gotta win on the field first.

Hurts is a RB with a decent throwing arm. He works behind one of the best Olines in the nation, despite Bama losing several starters - it's kind of sickening how talented their OL squad is year in and year out. I think people overestimate his abilities as a passer because he always gets time to make his throws. Hurts inability to make the intermediate throws during the Clemson game (they actually had a good pass rush) is what cost them the National Championship.

VN Store

Back