No Respect for QD!

It's really too early to decide who is and who isn't going to be good - no games played and every team has had changes that will affect play. It is annoying, though, to see so often a freshman QB at GA or FL is going to be a world beater without ever having played a down in at the college level. I've always been amazed that GA in particular has been so mediocre year in and year out with that bevy of projected stars and SEC East championships.

Flying under the radar really is preferable, but Rodney Dangerfield would be right at home at UT.

Reactions: 2 people
DiderotGhost Im not a long Volunteer fan. But I like your team. Im tryeng to read much I can when free to learn more. Your Quinten quarterback maybe not fair judgment. I think he have not played game yet. So your report man maybe right. Bienenstich maybe look good. Maybe smell good. But you dont know if taste good ontil you eat it. Maybe very good. Maybe salty. Maybe too sugar. Maybe too yeast. Maybe cook forgot add carmel almond top. Quinten quarterback same. He has not been foot game testen yet. So your report man dont know if good or bad.

It is "our" orange team and he is "our" Quinten Quarterback, not "your"! You are a Vol For Life(VFL) now and this is YOUR team too my friend!!!
Go Big Orange!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I assume he is thinking only 9th because Q.D. possibly getting hampered by two of the three passing issues from the past couple of years until he ( probably a lot of people ) sees other wise.
1 Dobbs throws good pass/WR drops perfect ball, or couldn't separate .
2 Dobbs throws bad pass/ WR wide open to catch finally.
3 Weak Oline causes the pass play to go wrong.

What makes QD the starter is his calm demeanor. He is the rock and foundation. He controls what is happening. He doesn't get flustered.

The game has slowed down for QD.

That'll be interesting to see.

His two years in backup role will certainly help him some. He's got the offense's language, playbook, and feel down pat.

He still hasn't faced an SEC or Power 5 defense in anything other than clean-up duty. So there's a couple of extra notches of intensity that he hasn't yet felt.

But I'm hopeful you're right, that he's absorbed enough in two years, riding on top of his extensive experience with a coach for a dad, that the college game has indeed slowed down at least some for him.

Certainly better than a true freshman running out to the huddle for the first time.

He claims to have a 4.73 40 time so he ain't exactly slow. Time will tell.

I mean what do you expect? Other than going 10/10 in a scripted orange and white game, what has QD done to earn any respect from the outside?

Reactions: 3 people

If he means in the usual sports sense, his adrenaline isn't in overactive mode. The way that makes people say "everything just happened so fast". Deer in the headlights affect.

Things become a little more calm and you see everything as it develops.

It ain't where you start, it's where you finish.

I would bet good money he finishes further up the list at the end of this season than where he started.

He has the talent and I hope the other pieces (running game, o line, wr's) fall into place and they all function like a good offense should.

I mean what do you expect? Other than going 10/10 in a scripted orange and white game, what has QD done to earn any respect from the outside?

Well, what did Butch Jones, last year, allow him to show, the outside?

I mean, his knowing that Dobbs was not really prepared for South Car, Butch could have inserted Dorm, to try to win the game -- could have been a Fresh (1st SEC start) vs a Soph (instead, it was a Fresh vs a Senior).

If he means in the usual sports sense, his adrenaline isn't in overactive mode. The way that makes people say "everything just happened so fast". Deer in the headlights affect.

Things become a little more calm and you see everything as it develops.
What game has he played in for someone to gauge it?

Well, what did Butch Jones, last year, allow him to show, the outside?

I mean, his knowing that Dobbs was not really prepared for South Car, Butch could have inserted Dorm, to try to win the game -- could have been a Fresh (1st SEC start) vs a Soph (instead, it was a Fresh vs a Senior).

And create a qb controversy every time Dobbs missed a pass? That would be an awful move. Dobbs was clearly the best qb on the team. Dobbs did enough to win the game, he had a td run called back for holding. Sure Dobbs didnt have his best game, that is when others around him should pick it up, but we didnt because we were not a very good team. If think that QD changes the outcome of that game then roll with it, but it doesnt guarantee anything.

Yes true. Sorry my bad Englisch bother some people. I will learn better here and school. I like your orange team. Very different color and helm. Very different name no animal name no barbarian name. I hope see Jakob play more. He my favorite on your Volunteer team.

Welcome to VolNation! We're glad to have you in the Tennessee Volunteer family!

What game has he played in for someone to gauge it?

I didn't.
Just explaining the phrase but he has played mop-up in a few and gave the appearance of a more calm and collected qb in the spring. As I said earlier, doesn't mean much unless it tranfers to starting big games.

I didn't.
Just explaining the phrase but he has played mop-up in a few and gave the appearance of a more calm and collected qb in the spring. As I said earlier, doesn't mean much unless it tranfers to starting big games.

Yeah, i think we agree. I just dont understand people throwing out statement based on facta, with absolutely nothing to back them up. My guess is folks trying to convince themselves.

What had Peyton did before he stepped out on the field to play?

What had Dobbs did before he stepped out on the field to play?

What had Hurts did before he stepped out on the field to play?

What had Eason (who seems to have spent the summer at the beach rather than working out) did before he stepped out on the field to play?

You can ask this question about every college QB for every time they start their career.

It is not a valid excuse to trash QD.

VN Store

Back