Now that UCLA guy is saying...

Let me break it down

Doug has a female friend from way back. She is currently in a monogamous relationship with a guy who is on the UCLA training staff. Doug, who is probably a cool dude, was talking football with the trainer. The trainer mentioned that Butch was talking with Spavital concerning our OC position. Doug doesnt know if the info is true, but thought everyone on VN might like to know what he had heard. Doug secretly wishes he was dating the girl

The end

Bwahahahaha! Awesome.

This is a BS post. Nobody knows who the new AD will be, so to suggest that our new, unknown AD is going to hire a new head coach....is stupid, as Jones as done more than enough to keep his job, despite what a bunch of blockheads here think.

This is a BS post. Nobody knows who the new AD will be, so to suggest that our new, unknown AD is going to hire a new head coach....is stupid, as Jones as done more than enough to keep his job, despite what a bunch of blockheads here think.

It wouldn't be for a new head coach, it would be taking Cal's OC from them to be our own

Reactions: 1 person

................uhhhhhh................what?

Reactions: 3 people

Reading comprehension is needed. He's talking about the Cal AD

Reactions: 5 people

Read the statement below and then decide what the main point is?

"Most of the time I want to block you bc the idiotic things you say, but every great once in a while you change it up and say idiotic things".

What is the main point the writer (me) is trying to convey?

A. I want to block you but I wont.
B. You say idiotic things?

Reactions: 3 people
Justin Wilcox in negotiations with Cal to become their Head Coach.
Jake Spavital wouldn't be a bad addition to Butch's staff.

Let me break it down

Doug has a female friend from way back. She is currently in a monogamous relationship with a guy who is on the UCLA training staff. Doug, who is probably a cool dude, was talking football with the trainer. The trainer mentioned that Butch was talking with Spavital concerning our OC position. Doug doesnt know if the info is true, but thought everyone on VN might like to know what he had heard. Doug secretly wishes he was dating the girl

The end

Nice synopsis, but you totally failed to mention Jared Goff's weird cousin Jeff and the mysterious Mr. Weintz.

Dougie_D is right in terms of there was some initial conversation with Jake from UT's side. Not sure how deep interest from both sides was but guys at UTAD also said those talks had died out early as Jake seriously wanted to pursue HC job at Cal.
Not sure to what extent if he would be interested in UT job. Auburn OC job opened up too. Both UT and Auburn coaches may be gone next year too. However, Jake has impressive resume to not worry about another job. UT has interviewed other guys with QB experience as Co-OC position so not sure if we have decided to look elsewhere.

Let me break it down

The end

I award you 1000 internets!

Jake got his coaching career started under Malzahn at Tulsa. Sucks AU has a OC position open.

that Butch Jones was indeed talking to Cal Bears people but was actually looking into Jake Spavital as a candidate for the OC position. He's saying that the AD is most likely going to bring in his own HC and there is a possibility that Jake will be told to look elsewhere.

I'm not here to stir stuff up. Just saying what my friends current boyfriend is saying to me.

i thought your thread creating privileges had been revoked? you're not trying to stir stuff up but you make a post based solely from info you got from a friends current boyfriends boss's boss essentially? uh.... :crazy::crazy:

We absolutely need Spavital as our OC. That would be a home run hire. He was A&M's OC with Manziel and turned Davis Webb into one of the better QBs in this draft class. Not to mention Cal was 10th in total offense, 4th in passing offense (358 YPG), and 22nd in Scoring offense (2 spots ahead of us). Their rushing offense sucked, but I assume they don't have running backs like we do, so that would improve as well.

I'll buy that for a dollar...:)

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back