OC candidates interviewed

I prefer Mr Furley to Mr Roper!!!!

Admit it. You're just a fan of loud ascots...

d3f934a0c41b0d4aa6cddf6875dcf1de.jpg

The Auburn QB is my top pick. If he wants to get into the SEC then here is his chance. Tennessee being a government institution probably want pay the 850+. :biggrin:

This might be out there, admittedly, but Malzahn went from high school coaching wizard to college guru. Might there be any possibility of Quarles?

Reactions: 1 person
Roper not so good in Fla., but his product at Duke with 2 and 3 stars was fun to watch.

Meh, not real exciting about Kurt Roper but you can give him a pass when you consider he was working with Jeff Driskell at QB. No idea how much Muschamp meddled into his offense. I know some Gator fans swear that Muschamp ruined Pease by limiting him. No idea if that's true I could give a damn about UF football.

Tennessee: Butch Jones has interviewed five candidates for the offensive coordinator job, according to WNML’s Jimmy Hyams, who reports candidates include Michigan sport administrator Mike DeBord, Tennessee wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni, NC State offensive coordinator Matt Canada, USC offensive coordinator Clay Helton, UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone and former Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper.

So Hyams lists 6 names, but states only five interviews have been conducted. Who did not get an interview? I would hope he would officially interview Azzanni.

I'm just ready for a decision to be made. I don't care who it is. I trust CBJ's judgment and I'm ready to roll with whoever he hires.

Why would Helton leave SC for UT? He wont.

Why would Mazzone leave UCLA? Because he's being run out of town.

You never know why someone may or may not be unhappy at their current job. That's why you interview them. Also, every coach speaks a certain language called money.

Tennessee: Butch Jones has interviewed five candidates for the offensive coordinator job, according to WNML’s Jimmy Hyams, who reports candidates include Michigan sport administrator Mike DeBord, Tennessee wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni, NC State offensive coordinator Matt Canada, USC offensive coordinator Clay Helton, UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone and former Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper.

Looks like Hyams can't count either. Seems there's 6 candidates he mentioned.

Can't say I'm particularly thrilled about any of those guys. I guess my first choice would be Mazzone, then Canada. After that I'd be indifferent with any of them.

Interesting that Canada has coached with both Z and Stripling in the past.

VN Store

Back