OC candidates interviewed

I'm all in on Canada.

At this point, I agree. Roper didn't impress me at UF. It's hard for me to trust a coach that's worked at SoCal given our past experience with them. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I thought Mazzone was looking for a good size raise. And DeBord is not a QB coach, which is honestly the biggest problem I have with him.

Canada has run a similar offense, and he's worked with Coach Z in the past. If their relationship was good, it might influence Z to be more inclined to stay. If Coach Z leaves, well he leaves, but he's a good recruiter so I'd rather he stay. Back to Canada, he's actually developed QBs. He could be a big help to Dobbs, and he'd have three frosh QBs to work with. I like the fit.

Reactions: 1 person
It's going to be DeBord or Sanford.

Sanford was supposedly ruled out, so you think it'll be DeBord. You might be right. I still think Canada is the better fit. But I'm not Butch Jones or Dave Hart so my input doesn't really matter.

At this point, I agree. Roper didn't impress me at UF. It's hard for me to trust a coach that's worked at SoCal given our past experience with them. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I thought Mazzone was looking for a good size raise. And DeBord is not a QB coach, which is honestly the biggest problem I have with him.

Canada has run a similar offense, and he's worked with Coach Z in the past. If their relationship was good, it might influence Z to be more inclined to stay. If Coach Z leaves, well he leaves, but he's a good recruiter so I'd rather he stay. Back to Canada, he's actually developed QBs. He could be a big help to Dobbs, and he'd have three frosh QBs to work with. I like the fit.

Good points but I would expect nothing less from the Dalai Lama.
I just like his name.

And if we get Canada he can sway Frasier and McGirt, then we can drop the local kid and the LS and be superduper awesome!!

I figured I'd just go ahead and say it with sarcasm before someone comes along and says it seriously. He wouldn't be bringing any recruits form N.C. State with him.

The Auburn QB is my top pick. If he wants to get into the SEC then here is his chance. Tennessee being a government institution probably want pay the 850+. :biggrin:

While I tend to agree, there is at least precedent for paying a coordinator really big bucks at UT, albeit keeping it in the family. UT paid Monte Kiffin 1.2M a year and made him the highest paid assistant coach in college football at the time.

With CBJ and coach Z talking almost daily, I took the #5 as a given for "outside cadidates".
I'm surprised and a little concerned so many others did not.

In order to demonstrate to Coach Z that he is a valued member of the staff and truly a potential candidate, I would hope that a "formal" interview takes place. A formal interview is not the same as a daily interactions.

VN Store

Back