Official Depth Chart for BG

Look at the Mlb, isn't he so pretty!! I swear when Oklahoma offense takes one look at the frat boy mlb they will laugh so hard they wont be able to play!!

Not so fast, when Oklahoma's RB meets Jumper over the middle, he may not think it's funny, or he may laugh all the way to the end zone?

I hope to see Preston Williams hit the field against BG. For him to get such a late start this year and Butch saying he might play this week really shows how talented Preston is.

Reactions: 1 person
thats the problem. I DON'T TRUST THESE COACHES. They made one dumb personnel decision after another last year.

Why start Worley and Peterman over Dobbs?
Why start Coleman Thomas over Kendricks?
Why start Jakob Johnson over Kenny Bynum?
Why start McNeil over Todd Kelly?

I've seen too many backups outplay the guys who originally were pegged as starters.

Until this staff wins a meaningful game, I will be suspicious of any decision they make.

Your conclusion is all that really matters but all the other stuff does nothing but make you look "dumb". They have info that you simply do not have. Under the very best assumption... you are doing nothing but shooting in the dark.

It is apparent that Dobbs 4 has never been to a practice, evaluated football players, or know anything about the psychological make up of any of Tennessee's football players. Most of his posts are an embarrassment to anyone who understands football coaches, players, or making decisions based on performance. It may be time to stop answering his posts and let him continue to look misinformed.

It's hard to let ignorance slide. He does more typing than reading. He says he supports Dobbs, but he fails to realise Dobbs was content to red shirt last year.

thats the problem. I DON'T TRUST THESE COACHES. They made one dumb personnel decision after another last year.

Until this staff wins a meaningful game, I will be suspicious of any decision they make.

D4H, I like you a lot man, you know I like you.

But you gotta come to realize that these coaches you don't trust, they know a WHOLE lot more than you about these players you're trying to out-evaluate them on.

I mean a WHOLE LOT more. Trainloads more. Like those trains you counted as a kid, with 145 cars behind the engines, all full of stuff. That much more.

They've forgotten, re-remembered, forgotten again, and gone back to their notes to refresh their memory on more stuff than you've ever known for the first time, about most of these young men.

You're a college freshman physics 101 student arguing with Albert about the (his) general theory of relativity.

You're a Guitar Hero basement champion arguing with David Gilmour about how the 5-minute solo in Comfortably Numb should be played.

You're...

...well, you're being a little silly.

You don't have to trust the coaches. That's your prerogative. But you really should open your eyes and accept the fact that you know almost nothing about which player is better at what, and they know almost everything.

Love you, man. You're wrong.

Reactions: 13 people
The sheer stupidity on here sometimes astounds me. And it cannot be fixed.
Dumb and dumber? For him to call our coaches stupid is actually funny in a sad kinda way.........

I'm proud of Jumper, but I hope he's starting because he's a baller, and not because the guys behind him are busts.

He is a great leader and has a good mind. He gets the team lined up in the correct positions and everyone is in the right spot. He will be a good MLB. With the talent this team has on defense the middle linebacker has to be a leader in the sense he is, so there won't be an issue. Now, I won't doubt that Kirkland will start to recieve substantial play time as the season goes. Kirkland can be great

I'm proud of Jumper, but I hope he's starting because he's a baller, and not because the guys behind him are busts.

Fade, I honestly feel Travis is correct. Jumper may not be the pure physical athlete (IDK) but you have to know the role also. Someone may take over for him later??
Or he may be a baller?

Of course if there is a more talented athlete, still learning the leadership role,
we will just hear that it was bad judgement for that player not to have been the starter from the beginning. :ermm:

Why start Worley and Peterman over Dobbs?
Why start Coleman Thomas over Kendricks?
Why start Jakob Johnson over Kenny Bynum?
Why start McNeil over Todd Kelly?

I've seen too many backups outplay the guys who originally were pegged as starters.

They also started Moseley which went well.
They started Barnett.
They started Wolf over Helm.
They switched Jashon to OL and he became our best lineman.
They started Hurd from day 1.

Let's not completely forget that they've made some good decisions too.

Reactions: 3 people
Fade, I honestly feel Travis is correct. Jumper may not be the pure physical athlete (IDK) but you have to know the role also. Someone may take over for him later??
Or he may be a baller?

Of course if there is a more talented athlete, still learning the leadership role,
we will just hear that it was bad judgement for that player not to have been the starter from the beginning. :ermm:

Whatever game was lost is because of this? :)

Jones has said numerous times that the MLB in this D should get a lot of tackles. Many of you for very little reason other than Jumper's melanin deficiency are suggesting intangible reasons for him being the starter. The likelihood is that he and Kirkland were the last men standing because they proved to the coaches that they would make the most tackles.

Anybody know if DeKalb County, TN's very own Will Molander is still on the team? I don't see him on the roster, but he was a walk on last season.

Jones has said numerous times that the MLB in this D should get a lot of tackles. Many of you for very little reason other than Jumper's melanin deficiency are suggesting intangible reasons for him being the starter. The likelihood is that he and Kirkland were the last men standing because they proved to the coaches that they would make the most tackles.

Like QB for the offense, so much mental handiwork goes in that role...lot of great athletes have failed at it...sounds like we have at least two up for it...and they're both athletic to boot.

Anybody know if DeKalb County, TN's very own Will Molander is still on the team? I don't see him on the roster, but he was a walk on last season.

I remember seeing him on the roster a while back, A10H, but not any time recently. Sorry, no help on what happened to him.

Interesting turn this thread has taken. Since the theory is I have an agenda against white players. Could you pull up my quotes on Dillon Bates? I wanted him as starting MLB in the spring. I've also been very high on his NFL potential.

I know this might be a shock to you guys, but I respect TALENT. Sorry but unless this Colton Jumper kid proves his worth, he's a walk-on to me. And nothing this staff has done gives me faith they know what they're doing when it comes to personnel decisions.

Just watch how much better TKJ is at safety than McNeil. And if not for an injury, the staff woulda kept McNeil's slow butt on the field.
So I assume you predict we will blow Oklahoma out when we play them because they are going to march out a QB who is "just a walk on." I'm holding you to this.

Reactions: 4 people
D4H, I like you a lot man, you know I like you.

But you gotta come to realize that these coaches you don't trust, they know a WHOLE lot more than you about these players you're trying to out-evaluate them on.

I mean a WHOLE LOT more. Trainloads more. Like those trains you counted as a kid, with 145 cars behind the engines, all full of stuff. That much more.

They've forgotten, re-remembered, forgotten again, and gone back to their notes to refresh their memory on more stuff than you've ever known for the first time, about most of these young men.

You're a college freshman physics 101 student arguing with Albert about the (his) general theory of relativity.

You're a Guitar Hero basement champion arguing with David Gilmour about how the 5-minute solo in Comfortably Numb should be played.

You're...

...well, you're being a little silly.

You don't have to trust the coaches. That's your prerogative. But you really should open your eyes and accept the fact that you know almost nothing about which player is better at what, and they know almost everything.

Love you, man. You're wrong.

Amen.

This is a nice way of posting something without giving a lot away.

My take, Dobbs, Robertson, Wolf, Randolph, Maggitt, Barnett, JRM and Cam will start. Everything else is left up to interpretation. (check my stats, I got this from Capt Obvious).

Some players on the move: Colton, Weatherd, Darrel Miller?, C. Mosely

Punter: Either it isn't decided or we are keeping this from our competitors.

VN Store

Back