Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweet from MIT:

I love Lagavulin 16! Some people are too scared to try because of the Smokey flavor. Yes, you may get burned the first couple sips but by the third everything will feel just right.

Beaver has class and likes the good stuff. :) Lagavulin 16 scotch is between $60-$100 per bottle and over $2000 for 25 yr bottle.

You certainly fit in with the silly season this thread has become

Coasty, I bet a part of you wishes it were still quiet and close-family-like. I'm sorry you've lost that even as you gained the energy and excitement of a larger crowd. There's a cost for everything, it seems.

I know Basilio is not liked by a lot of you but Basilio is most certainly NOT carrying water for Jones. He despises him. Wants him gone as much as the rest of us and only talked him begging his job because he doesn't want him to get any foothold. He has said all along he is gone but now fighting to stay.

That doesn't explain Basilio saying a couple of days ago that the idea of Gruden was a joke that He is never coming here, but now says that Butch is telling his players they are trying to hire Gruden while he is still the coach....

Seems strange if you believe Butch is telling players that but it is not going on????

Reactions: 5 people
Don't think it was Gruden turning us down. MIT has maintained it was a done deal. My theory I'll post again: Big Jim said no 2 times to the idea of Gruden. Peyton has been involved and Jim finally conceded.

Believable. But where I draw the line is Jim saying no, at any point. It wasn't his call to make this time around. Ergen and his team have given the University an ultimatum, and did this with the promise of either UT accepting a lucrative offer (AA wins with VC; AD wins with Gruden) or his team's money walks. Hard to turn down the power of $20B in worth and assets vs. appeasing PaPaw Jim.

Reactions: 1 person
It has been said that these plans have been in the works for five years. So PM talked Butch into coming here because PM knew it would take Butch to push the fans, boosters, and admin to a place in which we could get Gruden.

That is the way I choose to see it. Just sayin. :rock:

Talk about a long con...

Tennessee’s fan base didn’t deter Cade Mays – All Things Vol

Good info here.

Maybe even a nugget or two hidden in there...
not a nugget but it would be great if Jones manned up and took Majors course of action this Saturday before mizzou....we got BIG fish to fry :blink:

Then the wheels came off. In mid November, on the eve of the Vols’ game in Memphis, Majors released a statement. He was stepping away at the end of the season. He had been forced out, less than a year removed from back-to-back SEC championships.

It has been said that these plans have been in the works for five years. So PM talked Butch into coming here because PM knew it would take Butch to push the fans, boosters, and admin to a place in which we could get Gruden.

That is the way I choose to see it. Just sayin. :rock:

So you're saying in PM's first full season with the Broncos, coming off of career threatening neck surgery, he had time to concoct this whole scheme? I'm just guessing, maybe, his mind was somewhere else.

Don't think it was Gruden turning us down. MIT has maintained it was a done deal. My theory I'll post again: Big Jim said no 2 times to the idea of Gruden. Peyton has been involved and Jim finally conceded.

adventurousnimblegermanspitz.gif

Haven't been able to be on much today...WORK...which I think Knuck and Sara are working on getting me a paid leave of absence plus a raise and work from home option.:)

On a serious note, has Charlie Kelly been on today?

Haven't been able to be on much today...WORK...which I think Knuck and Sara are working on getting me a paid leave of absence plus a raise and work from home option.:)

On a serious note, has Charlie Kelly been on today?

No charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back