Oklahoma Fans

As for their players, I felt they showboated a bit too much to consider them a classy team. Anyways, that's my observations......

I prefer our players save the "class" for fancy dates and etiquette courses. And Bring the fear and pain on Saturdays.

I was there with my wife, kids and mother in law. Everyone we came into contact with was very friendly and welcomed us. Nice contrast to the game I went to at the swamp.

Reactions: 1 person
Born and raised East Tennessean and now live in Norman for the past 14 years. To me, the only difference between the 2 states is the terrain. Even out here, nothin' beats driving through the country with the windows rolled down. This is the worst for an OU/Big Orange fan. As much as I want OU to win in Knoxville next year, I know it will be TOUGH and LOUD in Neyland. It will be a big test for us. This is why I love college football. Until next year, oh... Striker is a Junior and Knight is a Sophomore... and well be just as tough. Thanks for the visit!

I am now a Sooner fan as long as we aren't on the field against them. Great fans. It also helps that they hate Texas and nick Saban. Go vols!

I've traveled to a LOT of Tennessee (OoC/Bowl) away games going back to the '79 Bluebonnet Bowl...

This OU fan base was the best, most respectful and hospitable I've ever experienced.

I second this. Unbelievable how nice they were. A friend of mine was tailgating with folks that I didn't know. We were just going to share a drink and then head to a restaurant to eat dinner. They begged us to eat their food and then got upset when we bought more beer. We were right in front of the stadium. One young OU fan even walked by making a joke, and an older fan walked up and told us not to pay attention to him. Just a pleasure to go to a game there.

Born and raised East Tennessean and now live in Norman for the past 14 years. To me, the only difference between the 2 states is the terrain. Even out here, nothin' beats driving through the country with the windows rolled down. This is the worst for an OU/Big Orange fan. As much as I want OU to win in Knoxville next year, I know it will be TOUGH and LOUD in Neyland. It will be a big test for us. This is why I love college football. Until next year, oh... Striker is a Junior and Knight is a Sophomore... and well be just as tough. Thanks for the visit!

Welcome to the board. Next year will be a different UT team with a more experience OL and we will have a nasty DL as well with a little ole DT named Khalil McKenzie that will give opposing OL issues.

I must have missed it too. But an OU fan told me they were practicing it.

We were in the endzone, row 40. I could kind of hear it, but my wife swore I was crazy. The sound in that endzone was not very good, lots of echoes and just could not hear the band very well.

I agree with everyone that has posted, the OU fans were great. I shared a beer with several and many talked about how excited they were for the visit to Knoxville.

Spent the weekend in Norman. Very classy fan base. Courteous and welcoming. I hope we are the same when they come to Knoxville next year.

That site is loaded with some of the dumbest posters I've ever read on a message board. They are not indicative of the fans we interacted with last night.

We have some excuse makers and unrealistic posters on this site too, but the majority of those guys are as dumb as rocks.

OK Poster hit it on the nose :lolabove: but that's why I keep coming back

The Sooners were excited to have Tennessee and really enjoyed hanging out with Tennessee folks. Good people in Norman.

I've been stopped by a few folks out here since the game telling me they thought that game could have easily turned in our favor. Most were impressed by the performance put up by the Vols and many are not looking forward to the trip into Neyland next year. From a team perspective that is.

I think the best compliment an older gentleman gave the Vols was "fought like they had nothing to lose." There have been a couple of arrogant douches I've run into, but by and large the fans said Volnation as a whole were polite guests, the team provided a good match up and many were hoping to make the trip back east next year.

We tailgated with several OU fans in the RV lot. All of them were cordial and enjoyed our being there. Many thanked us for coming. During the game we chatted with several OU fans and they were classy to the end. Most were impressed how well we performed with so many freshmen. ALL were impressed with Worley. For the one OU fan who said he couldn't find any Tn fans with moonshine, well, he just wasn't looking in the right place. :unsure:
I have been to every SEC stadium except for Arkansas and can say this experience was right up there with the best of them, except for the friggin cool weather Friday and Saturday morning.

We tailgated with several OU fans in the RV lot. All of them were cordial and enjoyed our being there. Many thanked us for coming. During the game we chatted with several OU fans and they were classy to the end. Most were impressed how well we performed with so many freshmen. ALL were impressed with Worley. For the one OU fan who said he couldn't find any Tn fans with moonshine, well, he just wasn't looking in the right place. :unsure:
I have been to every SEC stadium except for Arkansas and can say this experience was right up there with the best of them, except for the friggin cool weather Friday and Saturday morning.

Had half a jar of moonshine left whilst tailgating...still have half a jar. :yess:

If Striker keeps playing like he has been he will be off to the league after this yr IMO

Have been to both of the Hogs stadiums. Most of the parking places at the one in Little Rock are on their golf course.

Have been to both of the Hogs stadiums. Most of the parking places at the one in Little Rock are on their golf course.

So I guess I haven't missed much by not making it to Ark?? Had tickets twice to go, once in old stadium and once at new stadium. For some reason something major came up and I couldn't go. By the looks of things driving thru last week the Ozarks were the best views.

OU fans will be po'ed once again when they lose to Baylor,Oklahoma State or both. OU has had a tradition of choking since 2003.

I think many of them now day "Big Game Bob" tongue in cheek. So funny to hear anyone complain about a coach with that w/l record. It will be so funny if UGA runs Richt off for similar reasons.

the comment about TN fans not having moonshine with them...i did...and it was goooood...

VN Store

Back