On a scale of 1-10–how hard has your fandom been hit by how bad we’ve been the last 10 years?

I can't agree with that, entirely.

That's OK. I'm not going to lie and say apathy hasn't made an appearance or 2 the last few years. I get bummed when UT loses a close game they had a chance to win. I don't really get mad or upset anymore when UGA or Bama beats us like a drum. I just sigh and move on with the day.

I want UT football to get back to the excitement levels before the '16 season. There were very high expectations, a very good roster (on paper), speed on the team, etc. The moment the clock at the Outback Bowl hit 0:00 following the beatdown UT laid on N'western, the buzz of '16 started. It was a fun off-season because of the expectations.

Hoping to get to 7 wins doesn't do too much for my excitement but I know it will take time. Hopefully there's a win against UF or UGA this year to fan the flames of hope. Cheers!

Reactions: Behr
That's OK. I'm not going to lie and say apathy hasn't made an appearance or 2 the last few years. I get bummed when UT loses a close game they had a chance to win. I don't really get mad or upset anymore when UGA or Bama beats us like a drum. I just sigh and move on with the day.

I want UT football to get back to the excitement levels before the '16 season. There were very high expectations, a very good roster (on paper), speed on the team, etc. The moment the clock at the Outback Bowl hit 0:00 following the beatdown UT laid on N'western, the buzz of '16 started. It was a fun off-season because of the expectations.

Hoping to get to 7 wins doesn't do too much for my excitement but I know it will take time. Hopefully there's a win against UF or UGA this year to fan the flames of hope. Cheers!

I agree with all of this. Well, except there is zero chance we beat Florida, this year or ever. It's the only permanent automatic loss on our schedule. Other than getting oblivirated by them, I agree.

I agree with all of this. Well, except there is zero chance we beat Florida, this year or ever. It's the only permanent automatic loss on our schedule. Other than getting oblivirated by them, I agree.

KB...did you hack Behr's account? :)

I dunno to me it’s part of being from Tennessee. I realize many prob don’t feel that way. All the bandwagon fans in the state make me sick.

10. I still watch all the games and follow recruiting, wear my Vols gear proudly, etc. But I’m way more grounded now. Used to agonize over everything and worry about the program’s status nationally/historically. I also used to think we were a year or two away from being “back.” I think we’ve fallen so far it’s hard to say we’re still a “top 10 all-time” program. Most casual fans don’t see us that way at all. In the modern era, we are probably the 6th or 7th best in our own conference. I’m really not sure what being “back” looks like.

With that said we are still a program that can recruit well enough to win at a high level and take home a title if we catch breaks and have patience with our coaches. I’d say we’re like Auburn in that way. I will always pull for the Vols.

I dunno to me it’s part of being from Tennessee. I realize many prob don’t feel that way. All the bandwagon fans in the state make me sick.
I can’t blame them for jumping on a good thing when they see it. Even when we are down we have a natural draw to fan looking for a team to support. All the stories of, “I went to a game and was hooked.”, is common place.

Sure being born and raised in Tn makes it easy to root for the home state team, but it’s really the traditions and history that attracts outsiders to the program.

You better get ready for more bandwagoneers is the future. With the way things have been over the past little bit and now that the future has reason to look brighter(PF as AD and a solid coaching staff we should expect results in the W/L column.), it will be like bream to crickets.

Although I can't see the blue font, I know it's there. 😁

I can’t blame them for jumping on a good thing when they see it. Even when we are down we have a natural draw to fan looking for a team to support. All the stories of, “I went to a game and was hooked.”, is common place.

Sure being born and raised in Tn makes it easy to root for the home state team, but it’s really the traditions and history that attracts outsiders to the program.

You better get ready for more bandwagoneers is the future. With the way things have been over the past little bit and now that the future has reason to look brighter(PF as AD and a solid coaching staff we should expect results in the W/L column.), it will be like bream to crickets.
I actually meant all the Bamawagoneers I see around. I’m pretty sure the UT bandwagon is empty but I’m sure like you are that I will fill up with a quickness once again.

I actually meant all the Bamawagoneers I see around. I’m pretty sure the UT bandwagon is empty but I’m sure like you are that I will fill up with a quickness once again.

I saw a guy with a gump hat on and asked him if he lost a bet. That’s my favorite way to bring up a fan’s clothing. He said he didn’t care for the team but wore the hat because he lived in gumpland. I agreed with him that I didn’t care for the team too.

I’m fine with bandwagon fans, it’s the fair weather fans that bug me the most. You know the kind one bad play, and they are calling for a player to be benched or a coach to be fired. I’d just assume that kind of fan to roll on over to the gump side of the line.

Reactions: DWright39
10 but with a different perspective on sports in general now that I’m 47 and have an 11 year old son who plays 3 sports
This.

I’ve got four boys in various sports, band and academic pursuits. I’m still a huge fan but my fan hood takes a smaller chunk of my life. I don’t have as much time to drive to Knoxville anymore but still try to always catch the game on TV.

10 - I listen to Swain almost every morning via podcast and am on Volnation pretty much every day. Living in Atlanta, the internet has increased how closely I can follow the Vols. That access was limited when we were really good.
college football news. that's what we had back then. pitiful.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
10, my fandom will never wane as long as I'm breathing. Dear football Gods, please bring us back to glory! Oh how I miss the sweet taste of victory. Tired of being nervous every Saturday on how bad we'll **** the bed. 😭

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We beat them in '16 🤷 although I agree I don't expect a win when we play them. For some reason we sh*t the bed every year. Last year was a complete and utter embarrassment.

Reactions: VolRoger and Behr
10, and always will be.
I remember Doug Dickey taking us to the very pinnacle of success and losing the Orange Bowl to OK and with it a Natty.....we we're #2 going into the game and #1 had lost earlier that day. Bill Battle came and while no better man ever lived, he lacked the "It" factor and he failed.
The Johnny Years, the Fulmer years and all the ups and downs between then and now haven't changed my devotion to the Vols one iota.
I've literally been around the world, many times and I can testify to you that Orange travels well. It will travel with me to the end.
GBO!!!

Not true, USC with OJ was #1 going into the Rose Bowl and beat Indiana of all people. Natty was already decided before our night time KO against OU.

VN Store

Back