On a scale of 1-10–how hard has your fandom been hit by how bad we’ve been the last 10 years?

3. I still catch the scores, but I haven’t watched on TV since 2004 against Bammer. I’ll catch the highlights if we happen to win, and I might watch a replay if we happen to beat a good team which of course almost never happens. Last game I watched a replay was Georgia in 2015. No visit to Neyland since 2007 South Carolina. I’ll probably come back when we get back to competing against and beating the good teams in the SEC.

3. I still catch the scores, but I haven’t watched on TV since 2004 against Bammer. I’ll catch the highlights if we happen to win, and I might watch a replay if we happen to beat a good team which of course almost never happens. Last game I watched a replay was Georgia in 2015. No visit to Neyland since 2007 South Carolina. I’ll probably come back when we get back to competing against and beating the good teams in the SEC.

Why do you get on this website?

Reactions: PA Vol and butchna
I still pull for the Vols just as much as I always have. However, once the game is over I put it behind me. Life's too short to let the outcome of a sporting event effect me.

10 my wife is the UT Alum and VFL she did transfuse some of the orange blood into me. Sure it's a lot more fun when we win, but true fans stick with their team thru thick or thin. Living in FL we mostly root from afar but do try and get to Knoxville every few years. We were just recently in TN and went to the Orange and White game. Hoping for a winning football season and bowl game this season. Basketball season was a lot of fun. Let's Go Vols!!!

Reactions: JacketVol
My fandom is 100% intact. On a scale of 1-10, it has taken zero damage. I still wear my Vol gear proudly. I will never be anything less than all-Vol.

You are better than me sir. I will always love my damn vols like nothing else but I've hurt so much the past 10 years it's almost like a breakup that happens over and over. You just get used to it and it still sucks.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Im at a 5. My blood though, orange till death. Too many great memories with my dad. More to come. Albeit will probably be a drinking competition, looking forward to it.

I'll dress in an oversized tennessee hoodie and catch living room passes during commercials while diving onto the sofa and he'll command " Give him SIX". Good times.

Last edited:
Reactions: jakez4ut
A 10. If anything, the mediocrity has turned me into a bit of a raving lunatic, always telling other people that we are about to turn things around.

Abandoning Tennessee sports would probably be a healthy boon. But then, so would giving up alcohol, and that’s just nonsense.

I never thought I'd see the day that Tennessee was referred to by many, as the worst team in the SEC and lose the last 4 out 6 to Vanderbilt.....how low can you go?

Pretty low obviously

Nah, just stay away.

0. I went to the Bama game last year, knowing it wouldn't be pretty and heckled the Bama fans until the last minute. I'm still as crazy about it as I've always been.
Is it less fun since we aren't winning? Sure, but my fandom is still the same. If I became less of a fan because we lose, I wouldn't be any better than all of these Bama fans that became fans because they were winning. I mean, look at when they lose, they poison trees, amongst other stuff, the majority of their new fanbase doesn't know what it's like to lose. Honestly, Georgia is lucky they lost, how long do you think those hedges make it if Bama loses?

Last edited:
I was an 11, now probably an 8. I still don't miss a game, but haven't watched the O&W game yet. I still at least glance at this site almost daily. I got all excited about Kiffin, then Dooley, and finally (a bit more reluctantly) Jones. Those early classes Butch reeled in seemed like we were heading in the right direction. I just have a bit more of a wait and see with Pruitt. Can't force myself to completely buy in until I see it on the field.

Losing to Vanderbilt or Kentucky more than once every quarter of a century is unacceptable. After so many intolerable transgressions, one must for the sake of sanity and health finally accept this program for what it is. At the very least I'm glad we have a coach who inspires apathy rather than anger.

VN Store

Back