One play from the 1: Who do you go to?

Outside of the Georgia fumble it's rare for him to...

Hurd.

Although a dusting off the naked boot with Dobbs would work too.

Reactions: 1 person
I put Khalil to lead block for Hurd in the backfield, fake to Hurd and flip it out to Kamara who snuck in at receiver. Or just give to Hurd and let him run over people, or Dobbs keeps off the edge, or...doesn't matter at this point the ball is going across the line. We will not be denied this year.

Kamara on a slant flat route(I guess thats what you call it). Worked twice against GA last year.

You have a 240lb bruiser rb and a great dual threat QB in the backfield. I'm either giving it to Hurd or letting Dobbs keep it and make a decision with a run-throw option. The last thing I'm doing is giving it to a 320 lb DT who's not used to handling the football. No gimmicks....you already have outstanding options.

Btw, I'm still miffed at Ditka for giving the ball to The Fridge and not Walter Payton on the goaline in 1986 vs the Pats in SuperBowl XX. If you're good and you're talented just do what you do without the gimmicks.

dobbs and hurd run play action fake handoff, dobbs and kamara around the end if pitch it there pitch it, if not dobbs walks in for six.

You have a 240lb bruiser rb and a great dual threat QB in the backfield. I'm either giving it to Hurd or letting Dobbs keep it and make a decision with a run-throw option. The last thing I'm doing is giving it to a 320 lb DT who's not used to handling the football. No gimmicks....you already have outstanding options.

Btw, I'm still miffed at Ditka for giving the ball to The Fridge and not Walter Payton on the goaline in 1986 vs the Pats in SuperBowl XX. If you're good and you're talented just do what you do without the gimmicks.

I agree with the no gimmicks, but the fridge thing did work, just saying.

Outside of the Georgia fumble it's rare for him to...

Hurd.

Although a dusting off the naked boot with Dobbs would work too.

Agree. But I think that they (the opposing team) would be spying Dobbs. Peyton's worked so well because he literally never runs. hence no one was within 10 yards of him when he scored. I do think though that would work, I would take my chances with dobbs against a LB with 1 yard to go.

There's a special kind of challenge, trying to get 1 yard at the goal line from 11 guys who really don't want to give it to you. It's kind of like, you know the feel of a series of waves at the beach, one after another pushing you down? Now crank that up to jackhammer intensity, so each wave hits as hard as a jackhammer. It's kind of like that. Pound! Pound-pound! Pound! Just battering.

Don't matter how big you are, if you're not used to fighting through that kind of intensity, you're not the guy for the job. Love KMac, Kongbo, and Bain, love all our lads, but Hurd, he's the one who knows exactly what that feels like and knows how to thrive in it, too.

He's the only answer here, far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: 1 person
And, somehow I thought the absurd notion of showering the UF D with rubber bullets would tickle this lot's funnybones...

No matter what play is ran, bumbling Bob Kesling will call it "Jalen Dobbs back to pass. Throws an out pattern to the back of the end zone. And its incomplete. No, wait, that's Josh Kamara who ran it to the left side untouched into the cheggerboards. Touchdown!"

Hurd all day. Just give it to the one that has been running over them all day and let him do it one more time. GBO

No bs, just a run up the middle with Hurd. If we can't get 1 yard, we don't deserve to win, plain and simple.

I don't want to think about it. Had we run it against Oklahoma on that first score we would have won.

We don't "know" that...we know it would have been different. I hated, and still do, that call, chart be damned but to say "we would have won" is jumping the gun, imo, too simplistic.

I agree with the no gimmicks, but the fridge thing did work, just saying.

It did work indeed. Just didn't think it was necessary. The reason I was miffed is because handing the ball to your HOF RB who was the heart and soul of that franchise would've worked too IMO. Just like there would be no reason to do anything other than hand it to Hurd or let Dobbs keep it, there was no reason to do anything other than give it to Payton.....unless you're interested in gimmicks.

He ran Kamara straight ahead into the teeth of OUs strength on 3rd and 1 last year. He got stuffed. Then we kicked a 1/2 yd fg. Just saying

God that 3rd down play made me want to pull my hair out. Not only did he keep the smaller back in the game, he also lined up Josh Smith as the outside receiver. He put the shortest receiver on the team as the outside guy, the position where all fade passes go in the endzone wasn't one of our 6'5 receivers, no, it was the 6' guy. OU looked at that and immediately knew there was no chance of a fade pass.

rub play action pass to Kamara... 2 for 2 against UGA.. Unless we have been pounding the ball all day with success. Then give it to the beast .

We don't "know" that...we know it would have been different. I hated, and still do, that call, chart be damned but to say "we would have won" is jumping the gun, imo, too simplistic.

The game playing out as it did, after that call, we win in regulation.

VN Store

Back