Opener is a likely L per ESPN

Buck EasSPN. They are trying to create drama to promote their product. Come monday you won't hear a peep about T. Like it was expected.

"I'm picking Tennessee to finish higher than Mizzou in the SEC East. Now this was a tough decision, but it comes down to line play. Tennessee isn't going to be very good in the skill positions this year, but those offensive and defensive lines are for real!"

-Kevin Carter on College Football Live 2 weeks ago

Moral of the story: ESPN has absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Totally f'n clueless

Any chance the writer is a MWC homer? Considering Ole Miss and UT are both playing MWC teams

It doesn't surprise me. I think it will be a close ballgame , decided by a field goal. A lose would be worse for the TN program than it would Utah State. TN's chances to get to a bowl would basically be wiped out with a lose.

If prognosticators make picks like this, they should be held accountable. Pretty simple: poor job performance. Tell them to hit the road and hire someone willing to be knowledgeable about college football.

Another reason I seldom watch ESPN anymore. Now, if they're televising a college football game? Well... okay, I watch then.

Reactions: 2 people
... and we keep giving them our money... why? because what choice do we have? If that don't piss you off...

If you can, absolutely boycott those fools. I'm currently trying all kinds of ways. Not having much luck tho. They own us.

"I'm picking Tennessee to finish higher than Mizzou in the SEC East. Now this was a tough decision, but it comes down to line play. Tennessee isn't going to be very good in the skill positions this year, but those offensive and defensive lines are for real!"

-Kevin Carter on College Football Live 2 weeks ago

Moral of the story: ESPN has absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

They also gave credit for the first BCS title to Florida State. Clueless, lazy reporting!

Reactions: 3 people
I wish they had a "Crow Show" after the games where the analysts had to answer for their failed predictions. I wouldn't miss it.

Mark May aced the audition after last year's WKU game. :happy:

Reactions: 1 person
Another riveting headline on ESPN, "West Virginia QB: Saban's Daughter Was 1st Kiss".

Is it Sunday yet?

Reactions: 5 people
It's funny that they think Florida will have a good season with a new OC and new pieces. But we will suck in our second year with the same coaching staff.

Stealing this. Awesome.

I've felt this for a long time as well. As many pundits and prognosticators as ESPN has, they could have a weekly show dedicated to just tracking this. Then they could shame the person who made the worst prediction for the week.

But when sensationalism gets ratings, why shoot for accuracy, lol.

The writer of this article is a Notre Dame homer that came up with some faux football efficiency index and I'm sure he used last years stats to predict this years outcome. So, when you know nothing about a team, just make up an article and use last years stats to make it look like you actually did some research.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back