Opener is a likely L per ESPN

Taking off the shades and being objective, we are the most likely sec team to get upset in an opener. Nothing contradicts that.

We play a decent opponent
Replace both lines
Have a half decade under our belt of winning less than 8 games
Have a QB returning from injury
USA, USF, etc

I've felt this for a long time as well. As many pundits and prognosticators as ESPN has, they could have a weekly show dedicated to just tracking this. Then they could shame the person who made the worst prediction for the week.

But when sensationalism gets ratings, why shoot for accuracy, lol.

Hahaha. Well on the volnation power t talk podcast, we will answer for our idiocy.

Reactions: 1 person
Taking off the shades and being objective, we are the most likely sec team to get upset in an opener. Nothing contradicts that.

Replace both lines
USA, USF, etc

I know you are just looking for attention, but that is exactly the same problem EasSPN has. You can't base what's happening now and in the future to what's happened in the past any more. You can't look forward by looking backwards. The athletes are ready at a much earlier age now. They are better prepared before they ever even get into this situation. Our young men have the best coaching the country right now to cement this. Our QB is one of the most experienced in the country this season, and USU today is a COMPLETELY deferent team than it was last year. I'm out.

"I'm picking Tennessee to finish higher than Mizzou in the SEC East. Now this was a tough decision, but it comes down to line play. Tennessee isn't going to be very good in the skill positions this year, but those offensive and defensive lines are for real!"

-Kevin Carter on College Football Live 2 weeks ago

Moral of the story: ESPN has absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

What is Kevin Carter thinking on the bold above? We do have players at the skill positions. Worley, Lane, Hurd, North, Malone, Pearson. I think those are pretty decent threats at the skill positions. He's just thinking about his Gators & their skill players compared to ours but we do have weapons no doubt.

Hopefully we stomp a mud hole in their azz and walk it dry.
Yeah we been down for a while, but sooner or later you'll pull out of a slump. And when you do you'll put an azz whippin on whoever is in your way.

I say we win in a beat down with Butch calling off the dogs late

"I'm picking Tennessee to finish higher than Mizzou in the SEC East. Now this was a tough decision, but it comes down to line play. Tennessee isn't going to be very good in the skill positions this year, but those offensive and defensive lines are for real!"

I have seen this stuff many times and my jaw still Pops open every time I read a new one.. .. I digress, its pointless to make a comment, we all know they are idiots

"53.6 percent chance the Vols lose"

Percentage should be at least 3 decimal places for accuracy! :blink::blink:

I know you are just looking for attention, but that is exactly the same problem EasSPN has. You can't base what's happening now and in the future to what's happened in the past any more. You can't look forward by looking backwards. The athletes are ready at a much earlier age now. They are better prepared before they ever even get into this situation. Our young men have the best coaching the country right now to cement this. Our QB is one of the most experienced in the country this season, and USU today is a COMPLETELY deferent team than it was last year. I'm out.

Wow, how did you get that out of what he said?

Reactions: 3 people
Going to ESPN for accurate predictions is like relying 100% on your local meteorologist for accurate weather predictions.

QUOTE=Quaint88;10470474]I wish they had a "Crow Show" after the games where the analysts had to answer for their failed predictions. I wouldn't miss it.[/QUOTE]

This is actually a good idea for a show. I'm surprised one of the networks has not done this already.

I could understand someone going "Tennessee better be on upset alert. I'm saying there's a better than even chance that the Vols go down in this one." But where in h*;; do they get the 53.6% from? Has ESPN got some new algorithm that makes this a science now? Smeh

QUOTE=Quaint88;10470474]I wish they had a "Crow Show" after the games where the analysts had to answer for their failed predictions. I wouldn't miss it.

This is actually a good idea for a show. I'm surprised one of the networks has not done this already.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a solid youtube channel show, too. Someone entertaining enough could call out each anchor/writer/broadcaster

Tennessee, Ole Miss among vulnerable SEC teams in Week 1 -- College Football - ESPN

"Vols, Rebels among five most likely to open season with a non-conference loss"

"53.6 percent chance the Vols lose"

Sounds logical. :crazy:

EjEAjYO.gif

If you look at the ESPN predictions for the season, most have us making a bowl game so I am not sure where you get that they predict we will likely lose Sunday. That is just some goofy nation poll on there.

never seen a guy 10 months out on an ACL/MCL have his injury/recovery downplayed as much as Keeton. People keep reminding us what UT lost but do not want to answer anything about USU having 4 New OL and RB/QB recovering from knee surgery. I would wager that ESPN has no idea they lost their O Line too. They just assume he will be amazing right off the bat. Believe it when i see it. Ive seen enough of our players struggle with this and some of them had even more time than Keeton.

Replace both lines
USA, USF, etc

Picking nits a bit but... here are the opening week match ups:

TAM v USCe
Wisc v LSU
Idaho v UF
SDSU v Mizzou
Temp v Vandy
UTM v UK
Clem v UGA
WVU v Bama
Ark v Aub
Boise v Ole Miss
So Miss v MSU
USU v UT

Favored teams are in bold. Teams I think are more likely to lose than UT are in red. Some of the others are at least as likely.

Sounds like 2013 season prediction.

never seen a guy 10 months out on an ACL/MCL have his injury/recovery downplayed as much as Keeton. People keep reminding us what UT lost but do not want to answer anything about USU having 4 New OL and RB/QB recovering from knee surgery. I would wager that ESPN has no idea they lost their O Line too. They just assume he will be amazing right off the bat. Believe it when i see it. Ive seen enough of our players struggle with this and some of them had even more time than Keeton.

As frustrating as it is to me and seems to be to you too... most "experts" at this time of year do little more than check records over the past couple of seasons and maybe look at a few things that "stick out" like UT losing its starting OL and DL. The automatic assumption is that they will be worse... without any more info considered. By extension, the team will also be worse or at least no better.

Worley said in his presser yesterday that he thought they were going to surprise some people. I hope he's right. He seemed to have a great deal of confidence in his OL's.

VN Store

Back