Perine vs Barnett (merged)

He's toast if that's what happened with last years line

He was a freshman (early in the year without much experience) that managed to reel off 7.4 a carry against us. Even without his long run, he still managed 4.5 a carry against us, never getting tackled for a loss. He will also be running behind a veteran line.

I have faith in our young D, but calling him toast is a bit much. I am sure our team will be ready for a battle and our coaches will give him the respect you won't.

He was a freshman (early in the year without much experience) that managed to reel off 7.4 a carry against us. Even without his long run, he still managed 4.5 a carry against us, never getting tackled for a loss. He will also be running behind a veteran line.

I have faith in our young D, but calling him toast is a bit much. I am sure our team will be ready for a battle and our coaches will give him the respect you won't.

*Removes orange sunglasses*

I see what you mean, I think he'll give a lot of teeth to OUs air raid offense. It'll really be up to the front 7 if our secondary is needed against the pass.

*puts orange sunglasses back on*

Reactions: 1 person
I may be wrong but I think LBs are more critical against the run than the D-line is. How good are our LBs is the question I can't answer yet.

Who really scares me is DeDe Westbrook. Also Perine was their offense when their QB went down. Everyone knew it was coming so they loaded the box. They didn't have a single passing threat (esp with Shepard injured).

tumblr_mg1mxa9N7R1renuivo1_500.gif

I predict this

Stop it man. Our offensive line is better than last year.:bad:

Put it on the billboard and circle the date. DB will be ready! Hell, who will they double? Maggitt? Mckenzie? Tuttle? And on....

I may be wrong but I think LBs are more critical against the run than the D-line is. How good are our LBs is the question I can't answer yet.

I'll answer for you...our linebackers are DAMN GOOD and we got more than playing time available. The fact that any of Bates,McDowell,Bryant and Weathered will be angling for playing time and left wanting cements that. That Sapp will most likely redshirt? Truffle gravy! We're rich son! :yahoo:

Simply put, the best RB we will face all year plays for UGA and it's not even close. Chubb

great point, especially against a spread offense, where the mlb will have the first chance (draws/ delayed handoffs) against Perine in most cases. As of right now that guy for UT is unproven, and even if you are in right place ,tackling him is another challenge.

Say what you want, but the guy is a hoss. IIRC, he plowed about 3 of our guys on a huge run. He's up to 240. He's huge for a running back

Attachments

• MEYDTGZSKEKZJAE.20140921042453.jpg
    MEYDTGZSKEKZJAE.20140921042453.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2
Say what you want, but the guy is a hoss. IIRC, he plowed about 3 of our guys on a huge run. He's up to 240. He's huge for a running back

Seriously. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to your opponent. This is one of those times. Also, I understand people analyzing his season and rushing performances and against whom he recorded his best games....I do that as well and believe it's fair and legit. However, when a guys runs for not 127...not 227...not 327....but 427 yards in a single game, I don't care who it's against, that guy is a special running back. This guy's a beast and we're gonna have our hands full trying to keep him in check.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to your opponent. This is one of those times. Also, I understand people analyzing his season and rushing performances and against whom he recorded his best games....I do that as well and believe it's fair and legit. However, when a guys runs for not 127...not 227...not 327....but 427 yards in a single game, I don't care who it's against, that guy is a special running back. This guy's a beast and we're gonna have our hands full trying to keep him in check.

If he had stopped seven yards short that day he'd be my new favorite RB.

Reactions: 3 people

Exactly what I was thinking. We know JRM is solid, but how do the other guys perform?

Well, since they don't play defense in the Big 12, it's no surprise he hasn't heard of him.

VN Store

Back