Peterman epic chance for redemption

Peterman was offered by Cincinnati, UConn, Florida International, Florida State, Miami of Ohio, M.T.S.U., Southern Miss, Vandy, Wake Forest & Western Michigan.

FSU didn't offer him.

Neither did USF or UCF.

That's pretty telling, IMO. Same with Worley getting passed over by South Carolina and Clemson.

But of course when we pass on a guy in our own state he ends up becoming a stud (Bo Wallace, Randall Cobb...hell, even Patton Robinette).

Reactions: 1 person
Enough with the Peterman hate. Regardless of why he chose UT or how he's performed he is a VFL. Any kid that chooses the wear the orange and represent UT deserves our upmost respect and support. As for tomorrow night and the rest of the year CBJ could run the ball boy out on the field and I'd still cheer like crazy for him.

Reactions: 14 people
If the rumors are true and Peterman gets the start Saturday....how totally awesome would it be for him to manage the game and somehow TN wins! Instant redemption!

It would be fantastic on many levels. I hope he does because it means the team has a legitimate chance to win the game. If he does play up to his potential coming out of HS and we are at least competitave, I hope all of thos who have relentlessly bashed him for no other reason than they want Dobbs to start are banned for at least two weeks.

If he shows beyond doubt that he cannot handle the pressure of a big game, then by all means burn Dobbs RS and bring him in. I will then support him just as strongly as I would Peterman. I have said several times I will support whichever player is on the field giving their all for our VOLS!
I would give just as much support to Wegzyn if he had to come in the game. :yes:

Reactions: 3 people
If nothing else, he can run much better than Worley...and he will need to!

He has had fumbilitis in the past and if he can just make some plays with his legs and not turn the ball over, honestly it's an improvement over last week's version of Worley.

Come on, y'all, it's bammer week. Let's all get behind the Big Orange. :rock:

I am pulling hard for Peterman, he got put into some horrible situations and was not aided at all by the offensive play calling. He obviously has some tools, but he and the whole team have a very difficult task ahead of them Saturday.

If he is going to start though, I wish he would have gotten the majority of the snaps (and same for Dobbs). You would think the extra reps would have been more beneficial than whatever slight gain there was by keeping Alabama guessing as to who our QB would be,

Last edited:
I am sorry and I feel for him but not at the expense of the entire team. His leash would be as short as a 6 inch hotdog.

FSU didn't offer him.

Neither did USF or UCF.

That's pretty telling, IMO. Same with Worley getting passed over by South Carolina and Clemson.

But of course when we pass on a guy in our own state he ends up becoming a stud (Bo Wallace, Randall Cobb...hell, even Patton Robinette).

Really???

Yeah there's a real dark horse Heisman candidate.

To the wolves they go! After the game, I hope we take it easy on our QB's. They will not have had much to lean on, as far as reps and OL protection. Lets try not to pile on when things go south this weekend.

Really???

Yeah there's a real dark horse Heisman candidate.

Patton beat UF, UGA, and UT last year. As a freshman.

He's not a stud, but he would probably be the best QB on Tennessee's roster. The guy just makes things happen. Apparently his football career might be over though due to all the concussions he's had this season.

Peterman was offered by Cincinnati, UConn, Florida International, Florida State, Miami of Ohio, M.T.S.U., Southern Miss, Vandy, Wake Forest & Western Michigan.

To bad he didn't go to Florida State and James Winston come here I believe Butch could have controlled Winston here.

FSU didn't offer him.

Neither did USF or UCF.

When you are recruiting two q.b.'s, you may have to choose the one you like more.

Clausen or Ken Dorsey (Miami) ?

I died after the lizard game loss. I just hope that Saturday that I don't get buried and have the dirt thrown in my face. But that is me. What about the players? They want to win much more than the fans do. A thoraic surgeon can't operate without a scapel and a coach or team can't operate without a offense. We have none. Thank goodness we have a good defense (who get worn out each game) or the scores could have been much worse. I bleed orange and have for 4 decades. I hope for better days.

FSU didn't offer him.

Neither did USF or UCF.

Not any more though Butch don't just say it he does it he got Hurd Malone Burnett. Robertson

If the rumors are true and Peterman gets the start Saturday....how totally awesome would it be for him to manage the game and somehow TN wins! Instant redemption!

I would love that..Shut some of these obnoxious, fake fans up that want him to suck it up so Dobbs can play..I would love to see Nate have a great game, he deserves it the way some have treated him. I am definitely pulling for him. Seems like a great kid and deserves to do well. I remember when he committed he was so excited to be a Vol as was his Mom. He wanted to be a Vol and deserves the chance to see what he is capable off.

Reactions: 2 people
I go into each and every game fully expecting to win. I always have and I guess I always will. That being said, Peterman looks the part of a QB but he has never been put in what I would consider a good situation. Tomorrow won't be much different other than he'll possibly be in the game when the score is 0-0 and he'll be in front of our fans. Will it matter? I don't know but on the eve of a game where MY team faces the team that I HATE the most, I choose to have hope. Go vols!!!!!

My 5 year old saw a guy at the grocery store yesterday wearing a #12 TN jersey. He pointed and yelled, "look dad, it's THE FUMBLER".

Even he knows. Sorry kid, I hope 1 day NP finds a positive memory from playing CFB, but it ain't gonna be on a Saturday, any Saturday.

If he calls him the fumbler I hate to see what he says about 14 or 11. Talk about 2 that are turnover prone.

What other major program was seriously recruiting him?
I know bUTch was recruiting him to Cincinnati, but who else?

Maybe he chose U.T. because of his familiarity with bUTch and also because this was the biggest program that offered.

Just a thought.

He was at UT before Butch got here and was a 4* top 103 prostyle passers. Pretty sure he had options.

Reactions: 2 people
If they are going to burn Dobbs redshirt then Dobbs should get entire game and remainder of season

VN Store

Back