Peterman epic chance for redemption

Not true if he plays well then he will receive praise even if we lose

Agree! Nobody expects him to throw for 350 yds, 3TD's and win the game for us. He just needs to play well and gain confidence and earn the respect of his team so we can still go out and try and get to a bowl. After this week the gauntlet is over and the rest of the games are atleast possible.

Teams have had success rotating QBs before......why can't we use a Peterson/Dobbs rotation for this game?

FSU didn't offer him.

Neither did USF or UCF.

That's pretty telling, IMO. Same with Worley getting passed over by South Carolina and Clemson.

But of course when we pass on a guy in our own state he ends up becoming a stud (Bo Wallace, Randall Cobb...hell, even Patton Robinette).

Bo Wallace is far from a stud. Outside of these past few games OleMiss fans were ready to run him out of Oxford, Patton damn sure isn't an upgrade. Peterman on Rivals was a 4* #8 prostyle passer. He was one of those that came on late after a lot school already had their QB's. He had a good SR yr and his stocked rose a lot.

With the present condition (injuries) of our offensive line and quarterback, the coaching staff has more than likely simplified the game plan for Alabama. I imagine we are going to keep it simple for whomever plays QB. Coaching staff has to keep an eye on the future opponents and having our best players healthy enough to get us to a bowl. JMO

Peterman surely must have physical skills which he demonstrates in practice. But, I have never seen another QB go into such an absolute panic when he goes into a game.
Sorry, not I. If you're an athlete and want to compete at a high level this is what you want and how you want it. Had a coach in baseball that used to teach us, "WANT the ball hit to you!!!" Then when football rolled around, "WANT their best running back to come through your hole." If you dont WANT to be thrown to the wolves, like it, and ready to put the fear of God in them, take up tiddly winks and leave football alone, it's not for you.

Patton beat UF, UGA, and UT last year. As a freshman.

He's not a stud, but he would probably be the best QB on Tennessee's roster. The guy just makes things happen. Apparently his football career might be over though due to all the concussions he's had this season.

Wouldn't say Patton had much to do with that. He did nothing against UT and beat a depleted FL and GA team when half of both their teams were out..And how is Patton this yr?

Whoever plays regardless of the past, I will cheer them on for they are part of our team.

Reactions: 1 person
What other major program was seriously recruiting him?
I know bUTch was recruiting him to Cincinnati, but who else?

Maybe he chose U.T. because of his familiarity with bUTch and also because this was the biggest program that offered.

Just a thought.

He was here...before Butch...so he chose Dooley. :eek:k:

And if he or Dobbs does start, and we lose, we'll just see threads about their scholarships being pulled because they suck...

I'm not saying.. but just saying....

You start Dobbs in this game if this rumor is true, due to the fact Dobbs has experience against Bama. Also, Dobbs will open up our run game for Hurd and company to get positive production to keep us in this game.

You start Dobbs in this game if this rumor is true, due to the fact Dobbs has experience against Bama. Also, Dobbs will open up our run game for Hurd and company to get positive production to keep us in this game.

Lol. Experience vs Bama? Seriously?

We have the most negative fans in the world.

in before you say you are just being realists, don't care.

Man I've been watching this slop called a football team not achieve anything for what feels like a decade. Yes, we're being realists. I will knowingly admit I've been above average negative lately but damnit if I still can't get past that florida loss. It's unacceptable

My 5 year old saw a guy at the grocery store yesterday wearing a #12 TN jersey. He pointed and yelled, "look dad, it's THE FUMBLER".

Even he knows. Sorry kid, I hope 1 day NP finds a positive memory from playing CFB, but it ain't gonna be on a Saturday, any Saturday.
Your son could use a better father figure, unless you corrected him on the spot.

Reactions: 5 people
If the rumors are true and Peterman gets the start Saturday....how totally awesome would it be for him to manage the game and somehow TN wins! Instant redemption!

He can do it if he can keep his head clear. My doubts about him all come from him folding under pressure.

VN Store

Back