Pig Howard suspended 1st game

I think the worst thing for upper classman is to move off site to a apartment, they tend to find trouble.

I know they are adults supposedly and all that stuff, but if AJ and Von had been living in a football dorm, would their lives been better? Quite possibly the drama would have been avoided.

Reactions: 5 people
Well, here's hoping all team rules are followed between now and Oklahoma. Thank goodness for WR depth, although I would have preferred almost anyone else to Pig.

Where's the official report from buTch?

Until buTch says it then it's still rumor and speculation.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

How will Pig's absence in game one affect our performance against Oklahoma the next week? I'm deeply concerned that our rhythm and rhyme could be off big time. If I were Butch I'd just sit him out all year or move him to tight end.

Reactions: 1 person
How will Pig's absence in game one affect our performance against Oklahoma the next week? I'm deeply concerned that our rhythm and rhyme could be off big time. If I were Butch I'd just sit him out all year or move him to tight end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 7 people
Is North going to start? The guy is ALWAYS injured. Pig is the only truly dependable receiver we've got. We should have a couple more this year, but we'll be without our best receiver in the first game.

Reactions: 1 person
Is North going to start? The guy is ALWAYS injured. Pig is the only truly dependable receiver we've got. We should have a couple more this year, but we'll be without our best receiver in the first game.

Pig would be the difference in a win or a loss against Oklamhoma, but BGSU not so much. I honestly don't think you'll see Dobbs or Hurd later than the 2nd quarter.

What size sledge hammer does a coach need to have to pound "team rules" into these kid's heads, OMG, is it not enough that they have everything under the sun to be successful and they can't behave in a fashion that doesn't make you pull your hair out?

Come 'on PIG! GYST and focus!

They're 19-21 year olds expected to act like soldiers at boot camp when they're actually at college where people (and hot young women) are partying all around them AND they're the popular stars to these partying individuals. These guys are going to violate team rules, it's just going to happen. I like Butch's approach though, hopefully it minimizes it.

Reactions: 3 people
(1) You got a nickname like "Pig," you're gonna be trouble.
(2) It's a good game to be suspended for.
(3) Coaches getting the attention of the starters and upperclassmen: fellas, no one is above the law. Keep it tight! Pig just happens to be the starter/upperclassman who gave them the outlet (see (1), above).

Yep, that's it. I just hoped that he was getting past some of that, and that he'd be ready to be a leader on the team. Maybe he will, but at this point he's not, and honestly it's getting a little late in the game for anyone to think he might become a true leader. Next man up!

Reactions: 2 people
Yes and no. They are college aged, but also considered adults. Some are dying for their country. Some, myself included, were/are married with children at that age. That was my own choice.

However, signing a contract (scholarship) to play football at a major university is a responsibility and for lack of a better word, a job. That means you are expected to make adult choices and be held accountable. Pig is a senior and now a grown man. He should know better. In the real world, it probably would have cost him his job. The "kids will be kids" argument is why 26 year olds are still on their parents health insurance.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back