Play X, call Y, do Z

With rules for others to follow...which I thought was frowned upon. I guess a select few get passes.

Oh and by the way, if bamawriter had started this thread I would still side with him over a stankin gator.

Stuff like that shouldn't have to be explained to a Vol fan. Smdh.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
@Freak Yes, every time I read a post urging Pruitt to fire Helton, I feel reassured knowing it's probably Peyton behind that post. :)

@Freak Yes, every time I read a post urging Pruitt to fire Helton, I feel reassured knowing it's probably Peyton behind that post. :)
Could it be that Petyon is Mr. Positivity in person, but at night, he logs into his online persona, where he posts anonymously and lets out his inner negavol! lol. Probably not, but you get my point.

Were only rushing for 3.6 yards per carry which is a stat all alone in SEC football. Vandy rushing for 4.9 yards per carry. Why we can't run the ball with the backs we have says a lot about this offensive lines ability this season. Unless these players especially the offensive line find another gear were gonna lose to Vandy for the third straight season. Vandy giving up 436 yards a game on defense how many will we get and what score will we be able to put on the board. Our offense 333 yards a game. The offensive line is an F this season yet they somehow did manage to play well enough for whatever reason for us to score 30 on Auburn and 24 on Kentucky and SC. I think we have to score thirty to win and possibly 40 hope we can find a way their defense will be one of the worst statistically that we have faced.

Let's all just pretend we're as smart about football as the Tennessee coaching staff.

Let's tell them who they need to be playing (Guarantano, Chryst, Shrout, Chandler no Jordan no London no Fils-Aime no Banks, Jennings, Callaway, Palmer, Murphy, Smith, Kennedy, not-Richmond, Wolf, Wood-Anderson ... and that's just the offense...).

Let's tell them where they should play them, too (Jennings at QB, especially, that is the real key to future success).

Let's tell them what formations they should use (QB under center, pro-set, but spread the field, don't do the Butch stuff, but be more creative because pro-style is boring, no spread, but get the benefits of spread...and that's just the offense....).

Let's tell them what plays to call from those formations (never run on first down, but be sure you establish the run game first because the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, can't win without a solid running attack, but stop calling runs on first downs...use more quick passes, but for God's sake take shots downfield, and don't forget the intermediate passing game that's what we're missing, and more--no, less--no, more trick plays, cut out the onside kicks but try to do more of them).

When we're done with all that, let's tell them how to dress (no more dentist outfits, has he ever worn anything orange?) and how to speak, aight? And stop with that eyebrow thing, it's freaking us out. Let's ensure that they know we think it's hugely important that they exude interest and engagement during call-in shows and coach-talk shows, but focus on getting Ws but still act more like a movie star or something.

After all that, we can start offering advice to Pruitt's wife.

No kidding, we have seen every single bit of that on these boards the past 11 weeks.

Stop coaching the coaches, please. They don't need your help.

Thanks. You know who you are. Thanks. *thumbsup*

You're overreacting, JP. And you are forgetting that the largest number of great head coaches who were never actually hired as head coaches are gathered on VN.

Were only rushing for 3.6 yards per carry which is a stat all alone in SEC football. Vandy rushing for 4.9 yards per carry. Why we can't run the ball with the backs we have says a lot about this offensive lines ability this season. Unless these players especially the offensive line find another gear were gonna lose to Vandy for the third straight season. Vandy giving up 436 yards a game on defense how many will we get and what score will we be able to put on the board. Our offense 333 yards a game. The offensive line is an F this season yet they somehow did manage to play well enough for whatever reason for us to score 30 on Auburn and 24 on Kentucky and SC. I think we have to score thirty to win and possibly 40 hope we can find a way their defense will be one of the worst statistically that we have faced.
Hey!! Don't be coming up in here with those opinions. JP is already walking on the edge.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

This. Was out of left field, in this thread.

But welcome. It may be the only post talking about football in the entire thread. :)

Apart from Chandler, our backs are tough, but I'm not convinced they have great vision.

You're overreacting, JP. And you are forgetting that the largest number of great head coaches who were never actually hired as head coaches are gathered on VN.

You're right, Ivan. And Freak just secretly let me know that Peyton posts here in his jammies. So all the greatest coaches AND our all-time favorite QB. :)

You're right, Ivan. And Freak just secretly let me know that Peyton posts here in his jammies. So all the greatest coaches AND our all-time favorite QB. :)
You weren't supposed to tell anyone. I'm gonna be getting a phone call tonight.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
You weren't supposed to tell anyone. I'm gonna be getting a phone call tonight.

tenor.gif

What is this "football" you all speak of?

I'm here for the rule making and fierce arguments. :cool:

Let's all just pretend we're as smart about football as the Tennessee coaching staff.

Let's tell them who they need to be playing (Guarantano, Chryst, Shrout, Chandler no Jordan no London no Fils-Aime no Banks, Jennings, Callaway, Palmer, Murphy, Smith, Kennedy, not-Richmond, Wolf, Wood-Anderson ... and that's just the offense...).

Let's tell them where they should play them, too (Jennings at QB, especially, that is the real key to future success).

Let's tell them what formations they should use (QB under center, pro-set, but spread the field, don't do the Butch stuff, but be more creative because pro-style is boring, no spread, but get the benefits of spread...and that's just the offense....).

Let's tell them what plays to call from those formations (never run on first down, but be sure you establish the run game first because the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, can't win without a solid running attack, but stop calling runs on first downs...use more quick passes, but for God's sake take shots downfield, and don't forget the intermediate passing game that's what we're missing, and more--no, less--no, more trick plays, cut out the onside kicks but try to do more of them).

When we're done with all that, let's tell them how to dress (no more dentist outfits, has he ever worn anything orange?) and how to speak, aight? And stop with that eyebrow thing, it's freaking us out. Let's ensure that they know we think it's hugely important that they exude interest and engagement during call-in shows and coach-talk shows, but focus on getting Ws but still act more like a movie star or something.

After all that, we can start offering advice to Pruitt's wife.

No kidding, we have seen every single bit of that on these boards the past 11 weeks.

Stop coaching the coaches, please. They don't need your help.

Thanks. You know who you are. Thanks. *thumbsup*

If we eliminate all that, then what are we going to talk about?

Oh, I have no issue with us discussing whether Guarantano or Chryst is a better QB, or how the RBs have different strengths and can be used in different situations. That's just talking football. It is indeed what these boards are for.

The issue I have is with folks who post their thoughts with the explicit sub-text that they know better. That the OC is an idiot and I could call a game better than him. Or it's obvious to everyone but the OL coach that Richmond shouldn't be playing. Or that a head coach really needs to show energy and enthusiasm when in a talk show.

We're not that smart. We don't know even 5% of what the coaches know (like, concerning the quality of the guy who would have to take Richmond's place if we pulled him, or how few hours sleep our head coach got in the three days prior to that interview).

So: humility. You're not God's gift to Volunteer Football. Me, either. We're not smarter than the coaches about football. We can't know, from 30 or 300 miles away, even a small percentage of the things they know living inside the program 24/7.

In short, it's not the content (though sometimes it is, like who cares which shirt the coach wears), it's the attitude.

These guys are professionals. Our comments, ideas, and conclusions ought to take that into account, one heck of a lot more than they typically do.

Respect for our program leaders and players. It is, sadly, in very short supply in the online element of Volunteer Nation.,
Freak should start a sermon forum for those that seek to be preached to.

VN Store

Back