Play X, call Y, do Z

post #12. *thumbsup*

Ok, got it.

Well, I think that the quarterbacks should alternate every other play.

When I played Pop Warner, we had two guys who were meh.

By rotating them, they would arrive at the huddle with the play and explicit details from the coach.

We were the Golden Hawks and we went 1-7 on the year.

Some folks just aren't gonna understand complex thoughts. In hopes you're not one of those, Jack, I'll explain again: it's not (usually) the content, but rather the disdainful attitude. The disrespect. If you need that explained more fully, look back to my second post of the thread.

“Respect for our program leaders and players. It is, sadly, in very short supply in the online element of Volunteer Nation.”

How could it not be in short supply? You’ve seen what they’ve done to our program the last 15 years. We should be cordial to each other and not make personal attacks on the coaches/staff/players definitely. However, respect is earned. If we didn’t question authority we’d have Schiano as our HC today.

Maybe I misread the OP but I’ve inferred it means we don’t know as much as the coaches and therefore shouldn’t doubt or question. That makes for a pretty boring forum but those were the rules on the Alabama Rivals forum before they hired Saban so maybe there’s something to it.

Oh, don't worry. I saw your post. I didn't find it interesting or insightful, but I saw it.
Well, that's what we're all here for, to make sure you find our posts interesting and insightful. And if we fail to meet your rigorous posting standards, I guess we'll receive another big shot of your sanctimonious bloviating.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Well, that's what we're all here for, to make sure you find our posts interesting and insightful. And if we fail to meet your rigorous posting standards, I guess we'll receive another big shot of your sanctimonious bloviating.

Yes, yes, you just might. :)

Looks like rebuilding a team and rebuilding a fan base goes hand in hand. I've bleed Orange for 67 years and seen it all....I thought! Glad the fish are bitting.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Well, to be fair JP, you told pretty much everyone to stfu.
You almost made it through the thread without behr jumping on you. Lol. I think behr should change his avi to cujo. He sits in the shadow waiting to pounce. Lol

And actually JP, this was one of the best threads in weeks here. Hope you realize I was only pushing your buttons. 😉

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
You almost made it through the thread without behr jumping on you. Lol. I think behr should change his avi to cujo. He sits in the shadow waiting to pounce. Lol

And actually JP, this was one of the best threads in weeks here. Hope you realize I was only pushing your buttons. 😉

That bastiche, I knew better than to turn my back on him. :)

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
I'll admit that I've come here less and less as the season has went on. It has some to do with the attitude of some people, even after big wins. I just can't bring myself to criticize the players or coaches since I have no experience in that area. I may not always like what I see on the field, just the same as many people here, but I can't put the blame all on one guy or another when it takes everyone involved to work together and we just aren't there yet.

Did you mean to quote me, goofy?

Heh, that's not at all what he's doing (I've tried paying him, but he's teflon). He's having a blast taking shots in a free-for-all thread.

Behr seems to enjoy VN.com in either of two distinct energy-states. When he's in low-energy mode, he's chill, very relaxed, making an insightful comment from time to time. When he gets bumped up into high-energy mode, he's a rapid-fire sniper, picking out shot after shot, anyone who shows logical flaws or, especially, hypocrisy. He apparently hates hypocrisy.

He announced his leap into high-energy mode with his first post in the thread:

I've learned this about him over the years. And yep, I've been a target, too. But not (yet) today; today, it's you. :)
Yes @Behr , yes I did. ☝️☝️☝️

Lol, you're triggered.

First of all Im "on" those that tell me to "slow your roll", " don't do it to yourself ", don't set yourself up for failure/disappointment" etc.

Second, IF I am guilty of what you accuse me of, I guarantee I've been told that it was just an opinion and stfu too.

So, don't be mad Boca, just chill and have fun.

LuLZZZZZZ!

You were on this thread calling out posters left and right...that, my friend, is being triggered.

LuLZZZZZZ!

You were on this thread calling out posters left and right...that, my friend, is being triggered.
Where did I say I wasn't Martha? I'm more than triggered, I've already left the barrel. You better sit down before you get hurt.

Lol, that's supposed to be funny. I said that to someone, I think in one of the Gruden threads and they were ready to report me for threatening them. Anyway, laugh and go on, or think of something funny to respond with. Or, go tell your mom I was mean to you and maybe she'll let you stay up longer.

Let's all just pretend we're as smart about football as the Tennessee coaching staff.

Let's tell them who they need to be playing (Guarantano, Chryst, Shrout, Chandler no Jordan no London no Fils-Aime no Banks, Jennings, Callaway, Palmer, Murphy, Smith, Kennedy, not-Richmond, Wolf, Wood-Anderson ... and that's just the offense...).

Let's tell them where they should play them, too (Jennings at QB, especially, that is the real key to future success).

Let's tell them what formations they should use (QB under center, pro-set, but spread the field, don't do the Butch stuff, but be more creative because pro-style is boring, no spread, but get the benefits of spread...and that's just the offense....).

Let's tell them what plays to call from those formations (never run on first down, but be sure you establish the run game first because the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, can't win without a solid running attack, but stop calling runs on first downs...use more quick passes, but for God's sake take shots downfield, and don't forget the intermediate passing game that's what we're missing, and more--no, less--no, more trick plays, cut out the onside kicks but try to do more of them).

When we're done with all that, let's tell them how to dress (no more dentist outfits, has he ever worn anything orange?) and how to speak, aight? And stop with that eyebrow thing, it's freaking us out. Let's ensure that they know we think it's hugely important that they exude interest and engagement during call-in shows and coach-talk shows, but focus on getting Ws but still act more like a movie star or something.

After all that, we can start offering advice to Pruitt's wife.

No kidding, we have seen every single bit of that on these boards the past 11 weeks.

Stop coaching the coaches, please. They don't need your help.

Thanks. You know who you are. Thanks. *thumbsup*

I'm certain they appreciate you coming to their aid as they probably get sick of seeing that stuff on VN. I'll bet as soon as your post hit the screen Ty Helton was sprinting to CJP's office and telling him to check VN.

OP don't be surprised if the coaching staff figures out who you are and gets you some cool gear and a fantastic set of season tickets next year. As a matter of fact I would suggest (actually I'm begging you) holding your breath until you get that special call.

Take care big guy and have fun wearing your UT helmet out to dinner at Steak and Shake.

I understand the intent of the OP and couldn't agree more. I've seen tremendous progress this year and truly believe we're back on the right track. However, LOL, I would like to see Juan Jennings in the wildcat with a RPO in place. That dog can run and pass (former HS QB).

Tremendous?

Wish just "a bunch of progress" had shown up last Saturday. 50-17 just doesn't have that "tremendous progress" feel to it. Of course that's just my opinion. It could be that had we not hired these guys that we would have gotten beaten 70-7. Highly unlikely but maybe that's the progress you're seeing.

Where did I say I wasn't Martha? I'm more than triggered, I've already left the barrel. You better sit down before you get hurt.

Lol, that's supposed to be funny. I said that to someone, I think in one of the Gruden threads and they were ready to report me for threatening them. Anyway, laugh and go on, or think of something funny to respond with. Or, go tell your mom I was mean to you and maybe she'll let you stay up longer.
My mom said to tell,you to stfu.

Let's all just pretend we're as smart about football as the Tennessee coaching staff.

Let's tell them who they need to be playing (Guarantano, Chryst, Shrout, Chandler no Jordan no London no Fils-Aime no Banks, Jennings, Callaway, Palmer, Murphy, Smith, Kennedy, not-Richmond, Wolf, Wood-Anderson ... and that's just the offense...).

Let's tell them where they should play them, too (Jennings at QB, especially, that is the real key to future success).

Let's tell them what formations they should use (QB under center, pro-set, but spread the field, don't do the Butch stuff, but be more creative because pro-style is boring, no spread, but get the benefits of spread...and that's just the offense....).

Let's tell them what plays to call from those formations (never run on first down, but be sure you establish the run game first because the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, can't win without a solid running attack, but stop calling runs on first downs...use more quick passes, but for God's sake take shots downfield, and don't forget the intermediate passing game that's what we're missing, and more--no, less--no, more trick plays, cut out the onside kicks but try to do more of them).

When we're done with all that, let's tell them how to dress (no more dentist outfits, has he ever worn anything orange?) and how to speak, aight? And stop with that eyebrow thing, it's freaking us out. Let's ensure that they know we think it's hugely important that they exude interest and engagement during call-in shows and coach-talk shows, but focus on getting Ws but still act more like a movie star or something.

After all that, we can start offering advice to Pruitt's wife.

No kidding, we have seen every single bit of that on these boards the past 11 weeks.

Stop coaching the coaches, please. They don't need your help.

Thanks. You know who you are. Thanks. *thumbsup*

Who is pretending?

Before I take this on we will need to discuss my buyout and go ahead and set up a press conference. 😁

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
OP, you are starting to turn into the next D4H.

Not sure if you are trolling, but I know without a doubt that every thread you post is going to be a "holier than thou" post.

You are trying to rationalize irrational fans. Which leads you to be irrational for trying to do so.

Just enjoy the ride man.

Reactions: DonDiego

VN Store

Back