Play X, call Y, do Z

Especially if we lose to Vandy or lose a bowl game. If the season ends with a win, there will be folks on here talking about giving a Georgia a run for their money next year to win the East. If it ends with a loss, there will be people saying Pruitt is the next Dooley.

The off-season will suck on here regardless. Lose to Vandy and people will say he isnt the guy. There will be posts questioning why Chryst wasnt the starter blah, blah, blah. Also, some will say we are Tennessee and we never should lose to Vandy. But if we win, it will be well it is Vandy.

VN needs a stockpile of bipolar meds.

OP, you are starting to turn into the next D4H.

Not sure if you are trolling, but I know without a doubt that every thread you post is going to be a "holier than thou" post.

You are trying to rationalize irrational fans. Which leads you to be irrational for trying to do so.

Just enjoy the ride man.

Heh yeah, that's me: D4H's twin.

It's only "holier than thou" for the folks who feel guilty because I've called out their kind of behavior. I think it makes sense to most other folks.

In other words, most of the mouth-breathing snark community are going to hate my comments, and most of the more reasonable folks hopefully won't mind them too much. *thumbsup*

p.s. As for enjoying the ride: I'm trying, brother. But probably not going to be able to get real comfortable until we get back closer to our old championship ways. Right now, there's a lot of cringing every other weekend.

Let's all just pretend we're as smart about football as the Tennessee coaching staff.

Let's tell them who they need to be playing (Guarantano, Chryst, Shrout, Chandler no Jordan no London no Fils-Aime no Banks, Jennings, Callaway, Palmer, Murphy, Smith, Kennedy, not-Richmond, Wolf, Wood-Anderson ... and that's just the offense...).

Let's tell them where they should play them, too (Jennings at QB, especially, that is the real key to future success).

Let's tell them what formations they should use (QB under center, pro-set, but spread the field, don't do the Butch stuff, but be more creative because pro-style is boring, no spread, but get the benefits of spread...and that's just the offense....).

Let's tell them what plays to call from those formations (never run on first down, but be sure you establish the run game first because the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, can't win without a solid running attack, but stop calling runs on first downs...use more quick passes, but for God's sake take shots downfield, and don't forget the intermediate passing game that's what we're missing, and more--no, less--no, more trick plays, cut out the onside kicks but try to do more of them).

When we're done with all that, let's tell them how to dress (no more dentist outfits, has he ever worn anything orange?) and how to speak, aight? And stop with that eyebrow thing, it's freaking us out. Let's ensure that they know we think it's hugely important that they exude interest and engagement during call-in shows and coach-talk shows, but focus on getting Ws but still act more like a movie star or something.

After all that, we can start offering advice to Pruitt's wife.

No kidding, we have seen every single bit of that on these boards the past 11 weeks.

Stop coaching the coaches, please. They don't need your help.

Thanks. You know who you are. Thanks. *thumbsup*
Serious question:

Why do you think fans giving their opinion on a message board designed exactly for that purpose is a bad thing?

What other reason could you possibly have for posting here?

*Admin and coaches run entire program from top tier to last in the SEC*

"Wow guys.. Y'all think y'all know anything about college football? These guys coaching this kids game are literally Bobby Fischer. Whatever they decide is basically the most correct you can be."

Serious question:

Why do you think fans giving their opinion on a message board designed exactly for that purpose is a bad thing?

What other reason could you possibly have for posting here?

*Admin and coaches run entire program from top tier to last in the SEC*

"Wow guys.. Y'all think y'all know anything about college football? These guys coaching this kids game are literally Bobby Fischer. Whatever they decide is basically the most correct you can be."

Ask them about the prior coach or his predecessor...all of a sudden HCs paid millions of dollars dont know nearly as much as the nut huggers.

Of course most of these folks were slurping up brick by brick 4 years ago.

And they will turn on CJP just as viciously as they currently love him should he fail here.

Ask them about the prior coach or his predecessor...all of a sudden HCs paid millions of dollars dont know nearly as much as the nut huggers.

And they will turn on CJP just as viciously as they currently love him should he fail here.
I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong.

I've just never understood people acting like opinions on the internet matter. Especially now. We could unanimously want to tie JP to a log and float him down the Tennessee river, and he would not give one **** less. It doesn't matter.

Its entertaining to talk about your opinion. Stop going to the proper place for doing that and telling everyone to stop like an *******.

I've just never understood people acting like opinions on the internet matter. Especially now. We could unanimously want to tie JP to a log and float him down the Tennessee river, and he would not give one **** less. It doesn't matter.

Its entertaining to talk about your opinion. Stop going to the proper place for doing that and telling everyone to stop like an *******.

Catch up, man.

Post #12. It's (mostly) not about the content.

I agree.

Yes, you understood that post perfectly.
Get ready for the septuagenarian circle jerk club of 50,000 or more posts to all huddle up with high fives for this clown as though this great zinger really bested you. Put you right in your place, bud. These cats get up in the morning, get their pall malls, a big pot of coffee, their lap tops, and tell you how smart they are--and they have their little cheering section. You may be smarter, but they've got the pep club.

Let's pretend we're fans of a top 10 program that's been in the gutter for 10 years. Oh wait............................

So much hate.

I agree with your post. Although, I was watching the high scoring Rams vs Chiefs game and I'm like wow why can't we scheme like them offensively? Oh yeah that's right, we literally cannot protect our QB. That's the sole issue why our offense sucks.

Even though I'm being an armchair coach, I would like to see the RB position evolve like it has in the NFL. So many players are doing it all/running and receiving such as Bell, Kamara, McCaffrey, Gurley, Barkley, etc.

It happens every time. They worship the coach and defend him to the death until there is nothing left to defend, then they hate him with that same passion, in fact, they never liked him.

Reactions: Jack Burton

VN Store

Back