Playcalling

100 yards in a half. How stupid are some of you?

This post didn't age well. You are what we call...a Negavol! Cmon bro. With the weather, a banged up Oline and 2 possessions lost due to muffed punts, yet they still have 184yds at the half!

Kick rocks and GTFO!!! Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Freshmen all over the o-line and at QB. QB with a bum ankle and no backup available. Driving rain and wind gusting at 40.... and people wonder why the playcalls get conservative when we're in our own territory.

I really wonder how some people turn on a computer.

Reactions: 13 people
You guys are crazy play calling is much better tonight. It is slow down which is giving the defense a chance to rest which is obviously working with the exception of a couple muffed punts and bad field position

earlier in the season. We may not have huddled, but we weren't exactly rushing to get plays off.

That zone run play still kills me. Always blown up 2 yards or more behind the line. I would be happy if I never saw us run that play again.

We had 181 yds. of total offense. 144 passing and 37 rushing. One play, the 46 yd. TD to Callaway accounted for 25% of our offense.

Im assuming JG is still hurt, as he could have a lot of yards right now. With the rain and wind and that factor, I would say the playcalling has been solid but reserving my judgement on that.

Well if tonight doesn't show you how much Butch controlled play calling, I don't know what will. Everyone can apologize to Larry Scott now. The famous Lyle Jones is to blame. Sheesh what a joke.

Dude the play calling used to suck - now it sucks - no apology needed - Mrs. Scott.

Last edited:
Scott is doing the best he can with what they have to work with given the conditions and injuries.

Slowing the game down is helping the defense a lot. 18 min to 11 min in time of possession advantage.

Some of that is the short field the muffed punts provided LSU but Hoke seems to have some tactical awareness that was sorely lacking in Botch. Players have definitely responded well.

Reactions: 1 person
We have unleashed 10 points. No one anywhere should be bragging about the play calling - Kelly on first, Kelly on second. Busted screen to Kelly.

I have seen this somewhere before.

Last edited:
We have unleashed 10 points. No one anywhere should be bragging about the play calling - Kelly on first, Kelly on second. Busted screen to Kelly.

I have seen this somewhere before.

You've never seen 4 freshmen and a walk on 3rd string Center play offensive line at the same time. I promise.

Team definitely playing w more energy but can’t iverc massive losses on OL and TERRIBLE play calling by Scott.

Thats not the point. People are talking about good play calling, but it's the same crap. I don't get it

How hard is this???

The o-line is a disaster. Not sure we can even shotgun snap. I don't care who The OC is. The playbook is about 2 pages right now.

VN Store

Back