Playcalling

Agreed
26 mph gusts and sideways rain don’t exactly help a young qb’s passing. We took some shots and were making connections in the first half before the deluge struck.
Have a ol with only five healthy players with game time against a monster dline doesn’t bode well for running game.
Having one week to try to tweak an offense is no easy feat.
We actually played the screen game pretty effectively with the variety of screen we played.

Bottom line- the team has some talent, would be great if we could find a way to keep them healthy.
Implement a “complementary” scheme built around the skill sets of our personnel, and recruit some OL and we be back in short order

Maybe it's Butch, maybe it's not having played many games in bad weather lately, but I do remember old TN teams keeping the ball on the ground when when nobody really knew which way it might blow in the air. I also remember surprise kicks on 2nd or 3rd down - nothing like making the other team handle the ball in bad conditions in bad field position. With the offensive line, air or ground is pretty much a tossup anyway, so there is that.

Missed a perfect opportunity for a fake on the 2nd field goal attempt. Wind was horrible. Bout as much chance of making a first down as making the field goal.

I was livid on that one - just dumb not to go for the fake.

That zone run play still kills me. Always blown up 2 yards or more behind the line. I would be happy if I never saw us run that play again.

Amen on the above !!! A totally wasted play and you see it in every, I said every, set of possessions. Never gains any yards and most of the time it is negative yards.

First time in 5 years we haven't seen...
1st down:run up the middle
2nd down:run up the middle for a loss of 3 yards
3rd down:Screen pass for -2 yards
4th down:punt
Every game, all game.

Not sure what game you were watching. From the stands it looked a whole lot like what was described, except we didn't always punt.

Reactions: 2 people
Hoak and Scott came up with a game plan to hand it to Kelly 25 times - and it amassed 46 yards.

That was their plan - that was their results .... I am not a learned man but -

We would be better off pulling plays out of a hat - than letting those two guide the play calling.

Geez oh Pete - The play calling sucked. It really sucked.

i am watching the game now and going for it on 4th and inches on our 26 yard line was a back breaker and a bad coaching . we were only down 13 at that time . 2 minutes were left in the 3rd quarter hardly time to panic.

Reactions: 1 person
probably would have played out better if had defer. alot of dropped balls and bad snaps also LOL. I like re watching a game i always see more than i did the first time. We did look much better this week than last.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back