Playcalling

Freshmen all over the o-line and at QB. QB with a bum ankle and no backup available. Driving rain and wind gusting at 40.... and people wonder why the playcalls get conservative when we're in our own territory.

I really wonder how some people turn on a computer.

Conservative doesn't make up a 13 point deficit. We have nothing to lose unless you want a moral victory

Reactions: 1 person
Both pass attempts he was allowed to make looked,good.

Look the play calling sucks and has sucked all year - there is a very good reason Scott last callled plays 13 years ago in high school and will next call plays in high school.

He is a horrible OC - Butch was a poor head coach, but his leaving doesn't make Scott a good oc .

Let that sink in - last called plays 13 years ago in
high school.

Please get JG out of there! He is not a good QB! He looks like a cat on a hot tin roof. The game has apparently not slowed down even a bit for him and that rifled shot to Calloway 5 yards away just solidifies that. Sad!

Please get JG out of there! He is not a good QB! He looks like a cat on a hot tin roof. The game has apparently not slowed down even a bit for him and that rifled shot to Calloway 5 yards away just solidifies that. Sad!

I feel bad for him. He's not ready, and he's got absolutely no help out there.

Shouldn’t say things like this about a young man who has no help on our side, no help up front, and poor coaching. Shame on you.

We are out of QBs. Everyone is hurt.

I feel bad for him. He's not ready, and he's got absolutely no help out there.

I don’t disagree with that GA but you have to at least at this level make good decisions and have some awareness! He’s been in there, he should feel the pressure, know when to pull it back (he’s supposed to be a dual threat QB), know when to throw it away, etc...

Though I feel bad, I believe McBride throws a much better ball and can definitely run better.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t say things like this about a young man who has no help on our side, no help up front, and poor coaching. Shame on you.

Shame on me? Seriously... you are a QB at a historic power 5 school and I should be kind? I get it’s not all his fault, or even remotely his fault, but getting hit all time because he can’t see it coming, not getting rid of the ball because he needs 10 seconds to find a receiver and not giving your all on a broken 4 and inches leads me to believe he needs to rethink his worth. Don’t get me wrong... he’s all VOL and you saw it after we played a great 1st quarter. But after that, alll downhill.

I don't think, in 35 years of knowing what was going on, have I ever seen a more overmatched group offensively.

Reactions: 2 people
He had 300 rushing yards his junior and senior season. Let that sink in.

I have been utterly shocked at his inability to run. I have never seen a more nimble looking kid which has been touted as an SEC caliber QB be that slow and unable to elude a rush. Remotely.

Well if tonight doesn't show you how much Butch controlled play calling, I don't know what will. Everyone can apologize to Larry Scott now. The famous Lyle Jones is to blame. Sheesh what a joke.

This thread is dumb.

We scored one touchdown only because our receiver had soft coverage.

We have no offense and it didn't get any better tonight.

...and by the way, Gruden isn't coming so go ahead and start crying now.

:sigh:

Remember that ankle that kept him out of the last two games?

Honestly, no, I don't. I haven't watched a game since the 1st quarter of the UGA game. Haven't missed a game in 15+ years. That's how disgusted I've been with this staff

That zone run play still kills me. Always blown up 2 yards or more behind the line. I would be happy if I never saw us run that play again.
I agree 1000 times. This play sucks and never seems to do anything for us. Too many plays running side to side and not forward. Can't do that very often in the SEC.

This thread is dumb.

We scored one touchdown only because our receiver had soft coverage.

We have no offense and it didn't get any better tonight.

...and by the way, Gruden isn't coming so go ahead and start crying now.

Tennessee vs USCe- 253 yards
Tennessee vs LSU-287 yards
if you read my post later, I said it still stunk, but atleast the playcalling wasn't the same every single drive, all game long. I know Gruden isn't coming lol I've had the username for almost a year.

VN Store

Back