POLL: Who is THE WRU? GO VOTE: We DO NOT LOSE Polls!

Clemson-Tennessee war for 'WRU' title

I am NOT about to let us lose to Clemson! I'm doing my part, what about YOU?

Please Incognito page this link as many times as you can and vote for THE WRU, Your Tennessee VOLUNTEERS!

Go Big Damn ORANGE!

:shaking2:

The University of Tennessee has long been known as Wide Receiver U because of it’s tradition for having outstanding talent at the wide receiver position. The Vols have had multiple All-Americans over the years, from Richmond Flowers to Robert Meachem.

As the position has evolved to become what it is, so have the immensely talented receivers who play it. This position deserves more than just a Top five list, so here are the Top wide receivers in Tennessee history.

Here are a few!
Stanley Morgan
Anthony Hancock
Richmond Flowers
Willie Gault
Larry Seivers
Cedric Wilson
Tim McGee
Carl Pickens
Peerless Price
Marcus Nash
Robert Meachem
Joey Kent
Justin Hunter
Alvin Harper
Corey Fleming
Clyde Duncan
Andy McCullough
Donte' Stallworth
Cordarrelle Patterson

Since 1971, the Vols have had 34 wide receivers drafted, including 11 1st round selections, which is by far the most in that span. Tennessee had 10 wide receivers drafted in the 80’s, including 3 in the 1983 draft, which saw Willie Gault go to the Chicago Bears in the 1st round. The Vols also had a wide receiver drafted every year in the 90’s, aside from 1993. This includes 3 in the 1991 draft, which was headlined by Alvin Harper going to the Dallas Cowboys with the 12th overall pick.

Information provided by Fansided!

Not Even Close!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

This is precisely why this poll is not meaningless to me! Check our stats Clem-bros!

Yo Dabo and Jeff Scott!:

885.jpg

:whistling:

That is a lot of talent at WR and I cant even think of 1 Clemson WR period but let them keep on embarrassing themselves.

Love how this staff never lets any moment pass them by. Some staffs would have just ignored Clemson but we are up immediately with responses to their attempt to steal our title as WRU.

Reactions: 3 people
Is it me or is the D Rogers catch vs ole miss not in that video? Or the North vs usc? Also would've put the VP running over the ky defender for a TD. Just saying it should've been better since we are calling ourselves wru.

Is it me or is the D Rogers catch vs ole miss not in that video? Or the North vs usc? Also would've put the VP running over the ky defender for a TD. Just saying it should've been better since we are calling ourselves wru.

The North USCe catch #2 is on there. Can't put VP on there due to the allegations. Would have loved to seen Malone's TD against Bama. It was a beautiful back shoulder throw, ball arrived the second he looked back for it. Bama defender didn't even have time to turn around.

I would probably assume they mean in the last few years. If that is the case then Clemson was better than us. But as they say in English class.. irregardless... go Vols

Spending YEARS in the military I've met a lot of college football fans from every SEC school pac 12 big 10 big 12 and I can NOT recall every meeting a Clemson fan....

Reactions: 2 people
That's a pretty awesome video. I'm very impressed with our media department.

I don't know how this wasn't included, though!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLxiGhUqy4[/youtube]

One of the best catches ever - the physical strength and focus North displayed to catch and hold onto that ball - just Wow!

PS - Damn good almost 50 yard pass by Worley too - put it exactly where he needed to to give North a chance!

edit - can I say damn?

Just think...North was just a Freshmen in that video.

I'm going to go against the grain here-- I don't like the response. For one, now their little video will garner much more attention than it would have. Two, responding to it in some sense affirms it. Three, the response, while cool for us fans, is a bit throw together compared to the other one.

I think we'd have been better off leaving their silly little idea alone.

Are they serious about claiming their WRs in the .........aaahemm ACC defenses vs. SEC Defenses.........pleeease! They come to beat us, we come the BE US.......Go VOLS!!!

It's a ridiculous argument. Let's break it down into periods. First will be 2011-present, then 2005-10, then 2000-2004, and finally, 1980-1999 (the importance of precision matters less once we are that far in the past.

2011-Present: (the first number is the round, the second is the overall number (not round number)
Tennessee-------------/-------Clemson
Patterson: 1-29-------/-------M. Bryant: 4-118
Hunter: 2-34----------/-------S. Watkins: 1-4
D. Moore: 5-148------/-------D. Hopkins: 1-27

Same number of players chosen. Clemson's average pick was 50th, UT's was 70th. Edge Clemson, but not a massive one.

2005-2010
Tennessee ----------/----Clemson
Meachem: 1-27-----/----J. Ford: 4-108
/////////////////////// C. Stuckey: 7-235
/////////////////////// A. Currie: 5:140

Clemson has three picks to our one, but ours was a first round pick, and their average pick was 161st overall. Edge: UT

2000-2004
Tennessee-------------/------Clemson
M. Jones: 7-206-------/------R. Gardner: 1-15
K. Washington: 3-65--/------D. Hamilton: 3-77
D. Stallworth: 1-13
C. Wilson: 6-169

Clear winner: UT. In terms of where they were drafted, Stallworth and Washington each beat Gardner and Hamilton, and then we have an extra two draft picks. Stallworth and Washington were also much more productive.

1990-1999
Tennessee---------------/----Clemson
Peerless Price: 2-53-----/---G. Cooper: 10-160
M. Nash: 1-30-----------/----D. Thomas: 2-51
A. McCullough: 7-204---/----J. Trapp: 3-72
N. Silvan: 6-180
B. Williams: 7-212
C. Fleming: 3-87
C. Pickens: 2-31
A. Harper: 1-12
A. Morgan: 5-134
V. Moore: 11-279
T. Woods: 8-205

Huge winner: UT. We had 11 WR's drafted, they had 3. We had 4 WR's drafted in the 1st 2 rounds, they had 3 total drafted, 1 in the 1st two rounds. Not even close.

It is also worth mentioning that while WRU isn't about TE's, they are pretty relevant, and we have had 4 drafted since 2000, and 3 since 2008. Clemson has has 1 drafted since 2000. So that pushes it further in our favor.

Clemson has a slight edge since 2011 (if we leave out TE's). We have a slight edge in the 6 years prior. And then we have massive, insurmountable edges in the two periods beforehand. They have been *barely* better than us this decade despite the fact that this is them at their pinnacle, and us at our nadir. Enjoy watching the pendulum swing, and history continuing to repeat itself.

And, in the 2016 draft, we have the 5th and 25th best WR's according to walterfootball.com, Clemson has 6th and 22nd. Near enough as to make no difference, though they have a *slight* edge there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back