Practice 13

No mention of Evan Berry on KOs or Punt returns -- is he still not 100% -- are they looking to redshirt him or what ?

I suspect he has already locked down the KR spot, so the coaches are seeing what they have in other potential returners.

No mention of Evan Berry on KOs or Punt returns -- is he still not 100% -- are they looking to redshirt him or what ?

CBJ said he is still getting healthy, but he will be on KO's safeties and possibly some offensive plays because of his great speed.

Last edited:
Jack Jones at center? Hmm

I saw that as well. Makes me think somebody has taken notice we need mean and nasty up front. Jones and Boulware can fill that bill, Robertson could be dinged up, who knows.

Physically? No. I think when he gets to the combine he will test as an average athlete at best. I don't expect to see a very fast 40 or a high vertical jump. Also I wouldn't say Jauan's skills as a receiver in terms of hands or route running are elite. He double catches a lot of balls and doesn't possess natural hands.

With that said, Jauan is a dog and I wouldn't trade him for any other receiver in the country. Not even Antonio Callaway, who I think is vastly more talented and will be the better NFL player. There is just something about having a gritty competitor like Jauan Jennings that is totally invaluable on this football team.

Jauan Jennings is the heart and soul of this team and I have a feeling he's gonna lead us to a championship this year.

I'm not sure what he'll run in the 40 but earlier you said that's long range speed and that the vertical is more of an explosive measure.

I hope you've watched Jauan's basketball games because the man was throwing down monster dunks. So I'm expecting a good vertical. Which means he's explosive which some equate to being a good athlete.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure what he'll run in the 40 but earlier you said that's long range speed and that the vertical is more of an explosive measure.

I hope you've watched Jauan's basketball games because the man was throwing down monster dunks. So I'm expecting a good vertical. Which means he's explosive which some equate to being a good athlete.

D4H is too busy breaking down football tape to watch basketball film

Reactions: 4 people
Listened to rockytop 10 times in a row today, switching artist because variety is the spice of life. I hope the world doesn't end before we whoop up on the rambling ship wreck on inmate nerds.

don't think he's saying that...

Jauan is a really good athlete....but, he's a better competitor than he is silky smooth athlete...

I'd take jauan all day over silky smooth, but palmer does look very fluid in the routes videotaped recently....

Palmer looks graceful...without much effort...more so than jauan...

Let's see how it translates to saturday's...

Again, i'd take competitor over athlete all day...

bingo!

Reactions: 2 people
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ihq6fouVbU[/youtube]

Little factoid.
Apparently JK thought seriously about a professional skate boarding career. He was very good. His Football coaches convinced him he had NFL talent though.

Source: 104.5 Zone Afternoon show.

Reactions: 2 people
Little factoid.
Apparently JK thought seriously about a professional skate boarding career. He was very good. His Football coaches convinced him he had NFL talent though.

Source: 104.5 Zone Afternoon show.

John Kelly is quickly becoming my favorite football player on this team. Haha. His mannerisms and attitude are solid gold.

That skateboard factoid makes it even better haha. What a character man.

Malone was more of a long range speed kind of guy than someone who was explosive. Just look at his vertical leap numbers at the combine and compare them to someone like Alvin Kamara who had a slower 40.

IMO 40 time is a measure of long-range speed. The vertical jump and broad jump are measures of explosiveness.

Alvin Kamara = explosive but not fast
Josh Malone = fast but not explosive
Julio Jones = fast and explosive

Just when I think your ignorance can't amaze me any more... you come up with a gem like this.

The reason the 40 is used is because you have to explode off the block, accelerate quickly, and then get into your maximum gait within 10-12 yards. NO ONE runs a sub-4.5 40 without being "explosive".

There is nothing "long range" about 40 yards or the 4.5 seconds it takes these elite athletes to run it.

Have you ever actually played the game? Have you ever run a 40?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
That's rich coming from you.. ��*♂️

Right. I disagree with people because I've reasoned the facts we have and draw a conclusion. D4H thinks his opinions are the facts and if the facts seem to conflict with his opinions... the facts have to be re-shaped.

There are not many people here who have admitted they were wrong about an opinion or facts on this board. I'm one of them. I've had the same screen name for 11 years. I've been right and wrong many times... I'm not running from either.

Right. I disagree with people because I've reasoned the facts we have and draw a conclusion. D4H thinks his opinions are the facts and if the facts seem to conflict with his opinions... the facts have to be re-shaped.

There are not many people here who have admitted they were wrong about an opinion or facts on this board. I'm one of them. I've had the same screen name for 11 years. I've been right and wrong many times... I'm not running from either.

Don't sweat it. The guy just shows up to stir the pot. Just go and look at his post history. He never has anything useful to add to the conversation

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back