Practice 13

I love watching and listening to John Kelly. He's becoming more and more of a leader by example every day. I love his work ethic and drive to be the best. He's also very well spoken and respectful in his interviews. I really think he is our Travis Stephens 2.0, and I can't wait to watch him run wild in the swamp a la 2001.

Reactions: 3 people
Heres a conspiracy theory for ya. What if Jones realizes Byrd is ultimately an all american, shut down corner but also a game changer at the slot. Given were somewhat short on big time threats on offense, why not leave Byrd at the slot this season and maybe even run him on defense in some nickel and/or dime packages. If he explodes at the slot then great unless he decides to declare. If not then Jones gifts him to Warren to develop into the shut down corner many of us believe he can be. This way next year is Byrds coming out party and his senior year he becomes the all america 1st round pick we all hope he is. I know it's far out but stranger things have happened and this way we get four years of his services and everybody makes out

I like your creativity. Welcome to Volnation. I've always heard that DBs are receivers that don't have great hands. Some players can catch better than others even after years of practice. If a player has quickness and speed, playing them on offense can have better "return on the investment", resulting in more TDs. Sure a shut down corner can "shut down" 1 receiver per play, even get a pick or even a pick 6. As a receiver if defended poorly, the same skilled athlete can put 6 points on the board in a deliberate way.

Call his number and expect points.

I think it's just his opinion

Yeah, but at least have it be a remotely viable or provable opinion....an informed opinion rather than just throw stuff out that has no basis in fact. There's zero evidence that Byrd is gonna play anything other than WR/slot. Another example, yesterday he stated matter of factly that Gaulden had never "finished a season" at Tennessee.....despite the fact that Gaulden played all 13 games just last last year. Opinions are all good, just have em be informed imo.

Two things that stand out to me in most practice videos...

1. #5 (Josh Palmer) always looks a step faster than everyone else and very agile in his movements.
2. JG's footwork always looks smooth and effortless.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, but at least have it be a remotely viable or provable opinion....an informed opinion rather than just throw stuff out that has no basis in fact. There's zero evidence that Byrd is gonna play anything other than WR/slot. Another example, yesterday he stated matter of factly that Gaulden had never "finished a season" at Tennessee.....despite the fact that Gaulden played all 13 games just last last year. Opinions are all good, just have em be informed imo.

I think he just misunderstood the bit about Byrd shutting down Callaway in a WR drill as Byrd working at CB (as opposed to all of the WRs going up against one another as a part of individual drills)

Jauan is a gritty tough guy who has made a ton of plays for us but he isn't overly talented IMO. He's not very fast. His hands are not that great (which is understandable cause he's only been a receiver for 2.5 years). He double catches a lot of balls. I like Jauan but I wouldn't call him an elite talent.

Josh Palmer reminds me of David Boston. Remember him? Before he went crazy with steriods he was a pretty good player. He was drafted in the top 10 of the 1999 draft. Palmer and Boston have similar size, body types, gaits, and I think they look similar catching the ball.

Jennings is a boss

Reactions: 2 people
HAHA.. you aint seen me? i've been hanging around the water fountain ...

Me and the wifey are headed to Atlanta to see family and hit up the game i'm super pumped since the last game i was in attendance for was that Carolina abomination.

hahaha indeed, will keep my eyes peeled

Wife and i are going as well, going to be in boston and then coming into on monday for that game. since we had monday off work i figured why not.

perhaps we should get a beer sir!

LOL at Rutherford for missing the entire point of the circle of life drill

No kidding. I was wondering how kongbo could run through the circle of life drill solo and fire the team up like that. I figured he must haved faced off against the heavenly spirit of Reggie White?

I always love those surprise scholarships. Really puts everything into perspective.

That video says something about the unity on this team IMO. Dang, that was pretty awesome.

But, as the father of a collegiate $tudent athlete, I wonder what the celebration was like back in the living room in Minster, OH? I bet mom and dad acted even crazier ... then went out to Ruth's Chris to celebrate! :rock:

Jauan is a gritty tough guy who has made a ton of plays for us but he isn't overly talented IMO. He's not very fast. His hands are not that great (which is understandable cause he's only been a receiver for 2.5 years). He double catches a lot of balls. I like Jauan but I wouldn't call him an elite talent.

Josh Palmer reminds me of David Boston. Remember him? Before he went crazy with steriods he was a pretty good player. He was drafted in the top 10 of the 1999 draft. Palmer and Boston have similar size, body types, gaits, and I think they look similar catching the ball.

When Jennings breaks the all time single season receiving yards record at UT this year are you still gonna consider him not elite? Kid is an elite baller at receiver without question.

Makes for an interesting discussion...I thought he would make for a better CB coming out of HS...but I think one of the main selling points for him coming to TN (besides CFA) was playing offense.

He might be the best athlete on the team, so he's going to see the field regardless... Just glad he's here!

From that comment from him, it seems like he's open to the idea of playing corner

Palmer and callaway look way quicker than JJ IMO... doubt either one would want some of him in the circle of life tho..

Don't sweat it. The guy just shows up to stir the pot. Just go and look at his post history. He never has anything useful to add to the conversation
Both of yall are some of the most condescending posters on here. But I've been on this site longer than both of you so you can pipe tf down. There's no use in posting all the time and arguing with the likes of yall because it's just mental gymnastic semantics. Still believe both yall should be in the center of that circle that was talked about the other day 😂

VN Store

Back