Practice #15 - Updates

Sounds like Malone has been getting by on talent alone and is a little rough around the edges on technique. He's going to be a good one so not worried about him, but I love that this staff demands attention to detail from every player.

Yep. In a years time he will be a good one

I know we only see a brief bit of practice in these highlights but from what ive seen worley has to just have a better command of the offense and be more knowledgeable about the playbook because peterman seems to have a decent amount more zip and accuracy than any of the other guys. he was throwin piss rods in those clips today and they all seemed on the money. if nothing else i feel pretty confident in our backups, dobbs included, if worley gets hurt or falters.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like Malone has been getting by on talent alone and is a little rough around the edges on technique. He's going to be a good one so not worried about him, but I love that this staff demands attention to detail from every player.

I don't think this offense lends itself towards true freshman.

That said, Malone lit it up in the Spring game. There are plenty of players that don't shine in practice. And plenty that are practice heros but game time zeros. Sterling Henton comes to mind.

UT is fortunate it has the luxury to take it slow with a guy like Malone. You just hope that the player realizes that this is also better for them in the long run. Being forced into action early isn't a good thing. Remember the previous spring, Croom was the only receiver showing out. In reality, Croom wasn't ready, at least not at that time. It's just that there were literally no other options. Everyone thought come Fall Croom would be Megatron. Here we are a year later and Croom is likely only the 4th or 5th best option among this group. And that is not a slight. Only a Sophomore. Heck, Meachem was a redshirt junior before he made a significant impact, and he was as highly rated as any of these guys.

I know we only see a brief bit of practice in these highlights but from what ive seen worley has to just have a better command of the offense and be more knowledgeable about the playbook because peterman seems to have a decent amount more zip and accuracy than any of the other guys. he was throwin piss rods in those clips today and they all seemed on the money. if nothing else i feel pretty confident in our backups, dobbs included, if worley gets hurt or falters.

The usual second guessers who always think the 2nd string QB is the hero would not agree. They feed off rumors from others of like mind and don't see practice results in how the team responds to the QBs like the coaching staff does. Butch Jones sees these guys everyday and his job depends on their performance. I will trust his judgment over the media following sheep who want Peterman or Dobbs. When and if Butch picks one of the other QBs, I will respect his choice but not until that time.

do not kill the messenger....

but there are more than a few around Sumner county who followed him who believe he will be a bust in college.

I have never seen a single live game for Station Camp and have never seen him play so I have no idea if it is just talk or what...but I have been told more than once by people who mentioned he wasn't going to be that great.

I hope they are wrong. I am pulling for him because he's from Hendersonville and a Vol so I hope the talk was just bull**** and jealousy.

I guess I will find out.

but there are more than a few around Sumner county who followed him who believe he will be a bust in college.

I have never seen a single live game for Station Camp and have never seen him play so I have no idea if it is just talk or what...but I have been told more than once by people who mentioned he wasn't going to be that great.

I hope they are wrong. I am pulling for him because he's from Hendersonville and a Vol so I hope the talk was just bull**** and jealousy.

I guess I will find out.

Sounds like sour grapes. Do these people you speak of get paid millions to evaluate talent?

Reactions: 2 people

I guess I will find out.

I watched the Station Camp vs Beech game on ESPN last year in which Hurd was hurt and I thought he looked great and that was consistent with his highlight video as well...Based on his offer list, I think the odds are against him being a bust,

Reactions: 4 people

I guess I will find out.

Get outta here with that

Reactions: 3 people
I believe CBJ is looking for a hybrd to back up CM, we have a lot of players filling the backup roll with the exception of CM. This will fit the slot.

Cuonzo Martin is long gone. Glad Butch has so much power he's taking AD responsibilties tho.

We can't redshirt Johnson because if we redshirt him kick and punt returners will have less reason to fear for their lives.

I like creamer at TE. A guy who can spread out an play WR as well. Similar to the way the NO Saints use their stud TE. Granted, he's not 6'7" nor does he have Drew Brees throwing him the rock, but I can see him being a matchup problem if he succeeds at TE.

Reactions: 2 people

Cp says what's up

The thing that is concerning about Malone is he had all the accolades that Marquez North had coming out of high school if not more and so far he is nowhere near the player.

If it takes Malone a season then so be it. I think we are just fine at the WR position to allow a freshman to develop

Yeah, for all his problems I wouldn't be shocked to see him light it up in game 1 just like he did in the spring game.

The thing that is concerning about Malone is he had all the accolades that Marquez North had coming out of high school if not more and so far he is nowhere near the player.

No where near the player? Has he played a down of SEC football yet? Get off the stupid juice and think before posting.

Reactions: 5 people
We need to ease up on Malone. He's a freshman for Pete's sake. He's been told his whole life that he is great. Woops!! All these other guys out here are really good as well. It's all part of the learning process. He'll get there. The good thing is that the coaching staff is teaching fundamentals and expectations are that those fundamentals will be applied on each and every snap. Malone is a talent, and the execution and confidence will get there.

I continue to be pleased with how fast the young players are progressing. Robertson has taken off like an ICBM. Barnett is roaring. Thomas came in like a bull and hasn't slowed down. Same is true for Hurd, Moseley, Bates, Hendrix, etc. It's shocking how many of the 32 new comers are having an impact right away.

He's failed to produce in his 0 games so far.

Holy crap. I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

Reactions: 6 people

The season needs to get here quickly...some people's stupidity meters are reaching dangerously high levels!

VN Store

Back