Practice #15 - Updates

Seems like Tennessee has had more than its fair share of these over hyped wide receiver types who have gone to Georgia or USC and then we were glad they went out of state. Maybe he's one of the over hyped guys who stayed.

Seems like Tennessee has had more than its fair share of these over hyped wide receiver types who have gone to Georgia or USC and then we were glad they went out of state. Maybe he's one of the over hyped guys who stayed.

Stop. Thx.

Reactions: 7 people
If Malone and North switched years, Malone would have started last year. We were inexperienced and lacked athleticism at receiver. This has changed.

Watched the spring game if you want to know about Malone. He is athletic and a gamer. Can't teach those things...he will be fine.

Reactions: 2 people
If Malone and North switched years, Malone would have started last year. We were inexperienced and lacked athleticism at receiver. This has changed.

Watched the spring game if you want to know about Malone. He is athletic and a gamer. Can't teach those things...he will be fine.

I don't think so. He seems to be a tier below Marquez so far. It is still early but Marquez impressed from day 1 and has not stopped impressing.

Reactions: 1 person
I was referring to the fact that he is from NC and so is Marquez and thanks that NC produces great wide receivers and sends them here.

Yes sir. Incredibly lucky that Quez chose Tennessee.

People freaking out about malone. Did you not watch the spring game and his 181 yards 3 td's? The kid was barely even getting practice at the college level at that time. I know it was a scrimmage, but his skills were obvious. Put him on the field and he will take care of business. That secondary is used to playing the best teams in the country and he did pretty good.

People freaking out about malone. Did you not watch the spring game and his 181 yards 3 td's? The kid was barely even getting practice at the college level at that time. I know it was a scrimmage, but his skills were obvious. Put him on the field and he will take care of business. That secondary is used to playing the best teams in the country and he did pretty good.

He is going to be a beast for us. I can't believe people are worried about him before he's even played a game. I mean holy hell, how stupid can you be?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Wtf

Word

I don't think this offense lends itself towards true freshman.

That said, Malone lit it up in the Spring game. There are plenty of players that don't shine in practice. And plenty that are practice heros but game time zeros. Sterling Henton comes to mind.

UT is fortunate it has the luxury to take it slow with a guy like Malone. You just hope that the player realizes that this is also better for them in the long run. Being forced into action early isn't a good thing. Remember the previous spring, Croom was the only receiver showing out. In reality, Croom wasn't ready, at least not at that time. It's just that there were literally no other options. Everyone thought come Fall Croom would be Megatron. Here we are a year later and Croom is likely only the 4th or 5th best option among this group. And that is not a slight. Only a Sophomore. Heck, Meachem was a redshirt junior before he made a significant impact, and he was as highly rated as any of these guys.
I agree with this, which makes what Ethan Wolfe is doing even more impressive. It has been mentioned by several coaches that TE is the most difficult position to play in this offense, and Wolfe has been an absolute beast. You can also tell a lot about his intelligence and maturity in his interviews. Certainly doesn't look , talk or apparently play like a freshman. He will be another Jason Whitten.

Reactions: 1 person
North struggled as a "receiver" to start the year last season. He got by on freakish athletic ability. His skills started getting better as the year went on.

I do believe some are being a little premature in your judgements of Malone.

You're an idiot. My guess is that you are a Vandy or Bama fan. Prolly Bammer writer.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back