Press conference, Kamara Update!

Drop a note in the Suggestion Box.
suggestion-box.jpg

^^ must be butch speech writer. relax francis

I don't believe anything Butch says when it comes to injuries tbh. Hope the practice reports shows he's telling the truth!

Reactions: 3 people
Far from a full roster, but the best we can muster at this point in the season.

No, we'll be very close to full strength next week vs Tenn Tech assuming we don't lose anybody this week at SCar. If Sutton and Kamara come back on Nov 5 like it now looks like they will, we'll only be missing JRM, KMac and OBrien. Those are 3 big losses, but we'll be in very good shape for this late in the season and for the home stretch going forward.

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site - Video

Said Kamara does NOT need surgery and will be back in Week or Two!?!?!

Also, Sutton as well, in week or two!! :rock:

Kirkland will play Saturday!! :dance2:

Did not catch all names but several Olineman will be back practicing today!!

Me Likey Good NEWS!! :good!::good!:

Wes Rucker
‏@wesrucker247
Butch: "Very very encouraged" with Alvin Kamara’s progression. Won’t play this week but could be back in couple weeks. As of now no surgery.

No, we'll be very close to full strength next week vs Tenn Tech assuming we don't lose anybody this week at SCar. If Sutton and Kamara come back on Nov 5 like it now looks like they will, we'll only be missing JRM, KMac and OBrien. Those are 3 big losses, but we'll be in very good shape for this late in the season and for the home stretch going forward.

Definitely big losses, but I think the team has somewhat learned to play without JRM. McDowell being back helps a lot with that situation. And having an all healthy O line!? Hell yes.

Reactions: 1 person
Definitely big losses, but I think the team has somewhat learned to play without JRM. McDowell being back helps a lot with that situation. And having an all healthy O line!? Hell yes.

Yep. Gonna completely different than the team that walked off Shields-Watkins Field vs Alabama last week. Fingers crossed that we're past the injury bug and stay healthy for the stretch run.

'Don't know where you found this one Smitty, but not only did I "like" it...I LOVED it! Considering the injury nightmare team 120's endured, they're nonetheless 5-2 and very much in the chase for the SEC east championship. OP. Thanks for this update. Many of us were hoping to make it to bowl season 10-2 and even if the gayduhs win out (HIGHLY unlikely), UT's back to relevance. Turn up the volume pumping that sunshine! AMIRIGHT?:yes:

So far he's been correct, but I hope he is wrong this time. Would be great to get Kamara back.

He also said Hurd was going to transfer last year.

I believe he is connected to Hurd's family some how but he doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows.

But I thought Vol74 said Kamara wouldn't come back this season.

What was told me at the time. I can't really argue with the source as it's pretty dang reliable. All joints feel like crap when theyre swollen though. I've had a torn meniscus for a long time and have no problems at all. Good for him!

Last edited:
Very fluent in 'Butch Speak'...

Haha I chuckled when he said he wasn't trying to sound "clichéy". Haha 1st he only speaks in clichés and 2nd I don't even think "clichéy" is a word. He's got us sitting at 10-2 with a decimated squad so I really don't care how he speaks lol.

Go Vols!

He says a lot of stuff.....

I don't know what Vol74's actual relation to Hurd is; Dad, uncle, cousin or whatever.

He reminds me of a couple players dad's growing up. Every year there were one or two at every level on peewee, junior league, and highschool football teams.

They thought their kid was God's gift to the team. They always yelled at the coach from the stands. Sometimes tried to help coach, usually the real coaches ended up having to kick them off the practice field. Most times they're antics inadvertently put other players on the team down. They displayed absolutely no maturity trying to live vicariously through they're kids. Delusionaly shouting and second guessing everything the coaches did with notions that if his kid were in on this play, if we just ran this formation, then it would help the team, and the coaches are holding his kid back and inadvertently hurting the team.

The silver lineing was, we never judged our teammates by the antics of their Dad/Relatives. If a guy was a team player we judged him by his own actions and not other's antics.

I've totally understood Vol74's vehement defense of Hurd when the negavols have attacked him (Hurd a waste of down, etc. ..). However some of his critique of other players, particularly the O-line, and coaches has seemed to cross the line of being reasonable.

Playing for UT has been just as beneficial to Hurd as it has been for the team. I seriously doubt Hurd shares some of Vol74's sentiment in regards to the way he has allegedly been 'Mistreated, misused'. He seemed like the consummate team player in the sideline VS Georgia to me. You can't fake the enthusiasm and happiness for his teammates' success he displayed from the bench cheering his team on and celebrating with them.

J Hurd will have countless opportunities to profit off his legacy whether it be speaking fees or attatching his name to a businesses like a restaurant. He could never go pro after leaving as the all-time leading rusher at UT and still have these opportunities the average college football player doesn't receive after their playing days are done.

All team sports require sacrifice and capitation to be successful. I'm glad J. Hurd bought in and am happy for his success. Particularly because for every J. Hurd story there are a hundred grass is greener scenarios that don't work out.

Reactions: 15 people
I don't know what Vol74's actual relation to Hurd is; Dad, uncle, cousin or whatever.

He reminds me of a couple players dad's growing up. Every year there were one or two at every level on peewee, junior league, and highschool football teams.

They thought their kid was God's gift to the team. They always yelled at the coach from the stands. Sometimes tried to help coach, usually the real coaches ended up having to kick them off the practice field. Most times they're antics inadvertently put other players on the team down. They displayed absolutely no maturity trying to live vicariously through they're kids. Delusionaly shouting and second guessing everything the coaches did with notions that if his kid were in on this play, if we just ran this formation, then it would help the team, and the coaches are holding his kid back and inadvertently hurting the team.

The silver lineing was, we never judged our teammates by the antics of their Dad/Relatives. If a guy was a team player we judged him by his own actions and not other's antics.

I've totally understood Vol74's vehement defense of Hurd when the negavols have attacked him (Hurd a waste of down, etc. ..). However some of his critique of other players, particularly the O-line, and coaches has seemed to cross the line of being reasonable.

Playing for UT has been just as beneficial to Hurd as it has been for the team. I seriously doubt Hurd shares some of Vol74's sentiment in regards to the way he has allegedly been 'Mistreated, misused'. He seemed like the consummate team player in the sideline VS Georgia to me. You can't fake the enthusiasm and happiness for his teammates' success he displayed from the bench cheering his team on and celebrating with them.

J Hurd will have countless opportunities to profit off his legacy whether it be speaking fees or attatching his name to a businesses like a restaurant. He could never go pro after leaving as the all-time leading rusher at UT and still have these opportunities the average college football player doesn't receive after their playing days are done.

All team sports require sacrifice and capitation to be successful. I'm glad J. Hurd bought in and am happy for his success. Particularly because for every J. Hurd story there are a hundred grass is greener scenarios that don't work out.

Good post, and I can promise you that while I bring facts to the board from time-to-time, I am just like every other member here - I have my own opinions too!!!

I don't believe Alvin is the better back (no matter what anyone writes), sorry I don't, and that's my opinion. I don't like our offensive line play - no matter if it's the scheme, coaching, talent, etc. I do not like it. It has not developed in 3 years, and that's not bashing, that is my opinion - which may actually be the truth.

Has Jalen been successful in this system? Yes. Could he have much more more successful in a different scheme? Absolutely. That is my opinion, and that won't change either.

Sorry that everyone has put my on some kind of ridiculous pedestal because I know things from time to time, but the reality is, I'm no different than any other poster on here. If you think that (whoever you are), then you're the one with the problems.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back