Press conference, Kamara Update!

He also said Hurd was going to transfer last year.

I believe he is connected to Hurd's family some how but he doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows.

No, he said he was upset and had given it thought.

Truth is, 74 has been dead on with details about all things Jalen Hurd since the day he committed. Including a couple weeks ago when everybody told him he was full of ish when he said Jalen had a concussion and wouldn't even make the trip to TAM......and Jalen clearly had a concussion and he didn't even make the trip to TAM.

Reactions: 5 people
10-2 and a rematch.......I will take it

although Auburn could be winning the west. They get the most improved award so far for sure.

They are not going to beat Bama. LSU has the best chance IMO, but unfortunately they play to Bama's strength as well. If we win out and Florida drops a conference game, it will be a rematch with Bama IMO.

I'm still not over that no name #42 that didn't get called for a late hit out of bounds. For some reason a great player getting injured by another great player sits better with me instead of getting injured by a bench douche like this guy or the 12th boy.

Actually there was a flag thrown on that play.

Good post, and I can promise you that while I bring facts to the board from time-to-time, I am just like every other member here - I have my own opinions too!!!

I don't believe Alvin is the better back (no matter what anyone writes), sorry I don't, and that's my opinion. I don't like our offensive line play - no matter if it's the scheme, coaching, talent, etc. I do not like it. It has not developed in 3 years, and that's not bashing, that is my opinion - which may actually be the truth.

Has Jalen been successful in this system? Yes. Could he have much more more successful in a different scheme? Absolutely. That is my opinion, and that won't change either.

Sorry that everyone has put my on some kind of ridiculous pedestal because I know things from time to time, but the reality is, I'm no different than any other poster on here. If you think that (whoever you are), then you're the one with the problems.

All good sir. You're a UT Vol fan first and foremost and we all let our emotions & opinions get the best of us sometimes. I'm no different.

You've been correct enough with insider info several times. Your insider info compiled with; as I perceived it, harsh & biased critique is what compelled me to make that analogy. I guess it's easy for me to imagine how I'd conduct myself if I had an actual connection to the team which I don't. I'm sorry if I crossed a line.

I'm in agreeance on you with Hurd being our best running back. Its really more of an apples to oranges comparison between the two of them to me, but if I had to pick just one to build a team around it would easily be Hurd. I can see how it's easier for me to separate my critique of other players as it relates to Hurd than it is for you.

And heck, sometimes as a kid the team loved it when that player's relative in the stands cussed the coach or refs.

Reactions: 1 person
Good post, and I can promise you that while I bring facts to the board from time-to-time, I am just like every other member here - I have my own opinions too!!!

I don't believe Alvin is the better back (no matter what anyone writes), sorry I don't, and that's my opinion. I don't like our offensive line play - no matter if it's the scheme, coaching, talent, etc. I do not like it. It has not developed in 3 years, and that's not bashing, that is my opinion - which may actually be the truth.

Has Jalen been successful in this system? Yes. Could he have much more more successful in a different scheme? Absolutely. That is my opinion, and that won't change either.

Sorry that everyone has put my on some kind of ridiculous pedestal because I know things from time to time, but the reality is, I'm no different than any other poster on here. If you think that (whoever you are), then you're the one with the problems.

Now to the real question Vol74.....have they successfully implemented the Hurd to TE during the by week????

I think if we get Kamara back and Sutton after Tenn Tech would be great. I would not have them out there for that game. We just need to get past USCe this weekend without them.

I don't know what Vol74's actual relation to Hurd is; Dad, uncle, cousin or whatever.

He reminds me of a couple players dad's growing up. Every year there were one or two at every level on peewee, junior league, and highschool football teams.

They thought their kid was God's gift to the team. They always yelled at the coach from the stands. Sometimes tried to help coach, usually the real coaches ended up having to kick them off the practice field. Most times they're antics inadvertently put other players on the team down. They displayed absolutely no maturity trying to live vicariously through they're kids. Delusionaly shouting and second guessing everything the coaches did with notions that if his kid were in on this play, if we just ran this formation, then it would help the team, and the coaches are holding his kid back and inadvertently hurting the team.

The silver lineing was, we never judged our teammates by the antics of their Dad/Relatives. If a guy was a team player we judged him by his own actions and not other's antics.

I've totally understood Vol74's vehement defense of Hurd when the negavols have attacked him (Hurd a waste of down, etc. ..). However some of his critique of other players, particularly the O-line, and coaches has seemed to cross the line of being reasonable.

Playing for UT has been just as beneficial to Hurd as it has been for the team. I seriously doubt Hurd shares some of Vol74's sentiment in regards to the way he has allegedly been 'Mistreated, misused'. He seemed like the consummate team player in the sideline VS Georgia to me. You can't fake the enthusiasm and happiness for his teammates' success he displayed from the bench cheering his team on and celebrating with them.

J Hurd will have countless opportunities to profit off his legacy whether it be speaking fees or attatching his name to a businesses like a restaurant. He could never go pro after leaving as the all-time leading rusher at UT and still have these opportunities the average college football player doesn't receive after their playing days are done.

All team sports require sacrifice and capitation to be successful. I'm glad J. Hurd bought in and am happy for his success. Particularly because for every J. Hurd story there are a hundred grass is greener scenarios that don't work out.

Dude, can you just make your point in a few sentences and be done with it like the rest of us? What is your bottom-line, takeaway from this post?

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry hate to be s stick in the mud but you guys do remember ALL the previous injures CBJ saying basically the same type things and they guys don't play.

Don't be surprised if you don't see Kamara or Sutton until bowl game...if then

Strong possibility JRM gets medical redshirt....I bet Kamara comes back due to this being a heavy RB class already and he has not had the opportunity to really get his draft stock up... next season there are few RBs of substance, if any, that would go ahead of him. Having the O line back full go against SC will allow holes to form and get Hurd to the second level.... SC D line is not as good as A&M and Bama.... I bet you see Kelly make a few huge plays that catch folks off guard. Will be nice to have actual depth for once at LB, with Cortez and Kirkland back... we will now have Jumper, Berry, and Bynum to rotate, Jumper starting beside Kirkland... Foreman back is great as well...

Now we will have a full roster when we play "O" Bama Or LSU in the SECCG. Now, let's hope all are 100% healthy with no limitations.

Auburn might run the table and win the west...hard to say at this point but their D was intense...215 total yards allowed with just 25 yards rushing...the hogs had 472 yards against bama (72 rushing)...

I could see the SEC being left out of the playoffs...a 2 loss AU vesus a 2 loss Tennessee for the SECC...there would need to be some other teams losing for the winner of the AU/UT game to get in...

Sorry hate to be s stick in the mud but you guys do remember ALL the previous injures CBJ saying basically the same type things and they guys don't play.

Don't be surprised if you don't see Kamara or Sutton until bowl game...if then

Sutton comes back I bet by Kentucky or Mizzou latest and I think you see Kamara back by Mizz.

Auburn might run the table and win the west...hard to say at this point but their D was intense...215 total yards allowed with just 25 yards rushing...the hogs had 472 yards against bama (72 rushing)...

I could see the SEC being left out of the playoffs...a 2 loss AU vesus a 2 loss Tennessee for the SECC...there would need to be some other teams losing for the winner of the AU/UT game to get in...

That would be flat insane to see UT vs AU in the SEC Champ game... I would actually pay money to go and see that one.... If that were the case, I like how we match up and I bet everyone and anyone even remotely healthy would play full throttle for UT....

Strong possibility JRM gets medical redshirt....I bet Kamara comes back due to this being a heavy RB class already and he has not had the opportunity to really get his draft stock up... next season there are few RBs of substance, if any, that would go ahead of him. Having the O line back full go against SC will allow holes to form and get Hurd to the second level.... SC D line is not as good as A&M and Bama.... I bet you see Kelly make a few huge plays that catch folks off guard. Will be nice to have actual depth for once at LB, with Cortez and Kirkland back... we will now have Jumper, Berry, and Bynum to rotate, Jumper starting beside Kirkland... Foreman back is great as well...

The hell you talking about?

The game against A&M blew Kamara's draft stock through the roof.

He'll definitely leave after this year. And most likely will be drafted in the 2nd-3rd round.

But I thought Vol74 said Kamara wouldn't come back this season.

It probably depends on how his injury responds to treatment. Initially it may have appeared to be worse than it actually is or he could be responding to treatment more favorably than most. Everyone is different

VN Store

Back