QB Quinten Dormady gives Vols pro-style passer in 2015 class

Riley Ferguson Archives - Evan's Eleven

if he earns the starting spot,do you think CBJ and company still go with the read option offense ? or what ever it is called

i will admit that i want to see the QB under center and hand the ball off or a play action pass and some sweeps with a full back

nothing like having another blocker back there to keep Worley off the ground

every down ? no,there is a place for the I formation,I just wished they would use it some

UT has a pocket passer in Worley,right now,the read option isn't fooling anybody,so why run it ?

to me it is just slowing down the running backs down,from a small opportunity to hit a fast closing hole

and yes I do speak from my arm chair coaching spot :)

Go Vols :clapping:

You're exactly correct. I've been saying that if we dont see Worley under center this season, which we only get in goal line situations, that we would see exactly what we got last year, and that is what we have.

The plays develop too slowly, the backs are too slow to the line, we dont have the benefit of play action, or 3 step drops and quick timing routes. There is no imagination with this offense, and very little competence. This read option thing with Worley is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

after what happens at Oklahoma I don't want to see Worley run,he took almost a years worth of a beating in that game

"Yes. Dormady has almost the exact same 40 time as Dobbs and had a faster shuttle time. He will run it effectively, IMO;

i didn't know that SkidsisVFL,maybe CBJ is waiting to have the QB run,when he has some depth at the position,UT can't afford to have Worley go down at all

"I hope you have a sizable buyout."

uuuh well yes i do as a matter of fact :)

All these theories about the coaches not wanting Worley to run are stupid. If that was the case we would do away with the red option because it would be pointless. It's also been stated a million times by the coaches that Worley decides to keep it or not. That is 100% on him, not the coaches saying get rid of it because we can't block for you yet.

The offense Fulmer/Cutcliffe ran was way more diverse/complex than the current scheme. Offenses have become simpler to play up-tempo and keep defenses vanilla.

...oh I remember. Staff used to brag about how hard our system was to learn. Always wondered if that was something to brag about?

Rip I formation

Outside of Georgia and Arkansas, almost no SEC school runs it. Arkansas just started playing a lot of I last year, and Georgia is known as a perennial underachiever.

So why would we want to run the same scheme as them?

Reactions: 1 person
We need a true running threat at QB to execute this read option. Therefore, Von Pearson should line up behind center frequently!

And I miss $1 longnecks at The Lap! :bow2:

Reactions: 2 people
The read option is only effective if the qb keeps the ball , at least on occasion. Even if he keeps the ball and sits down and ties his shoe. Get my point, has to keep ball to be effective !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The read option is only effective if the qb keeps the ball , at least on occasion. Even if he keeps the ball and sits down and ties his shoe. Get my point, has to keep ball to be effective !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which Worley does.

Jesus Christ am I tired of this same old stupid argument.

You guys that are championing a completely different offensive style OR player to run it need to watch some more football, and possibly, comprehend more of it…

:horse:

im with the guy above. can we please talk some more about the read option? which 99% of the people who post here don't actually understand...and we only run 4 or 5 snaps a game as a qb run/ tb run option play? Worley only has the choice to keep the ball or hand it off A HANDFUL OF PLAYS PER GAME the rest of the time its either hand it off or pass the ball. We are not Auburn...our coaches know this along with 1% of our fans that post here. We do not run the same read plays the barn school does. Please figure this out. GBO VFL HUBANegavols

One thing jumps out at me here...

Does anyone actually realize just how thin we are at QB this year? If one was to believe the coaches, Peterman has gotten better. But until he shows it on the field, we have no way of knowing what will happen. Same goes for Dobbs and Wegyzn. I say that to say this, with the way Worley got beat up in Oklahoma behind the line of scrimmage, does anyone realistically want him running down field in that game and getting smoked even more?

Seriously?

Worley has kept it more this season than I saw him all of last. But you do not put him downfield getting power slammed any more than you have to. You keep him healthy for SEC play where the W-L record will really matter.

If he can be as successful as Worley has become IDC what they run.

amen brother...and my Panthers are 2and 0 baby! without an all pro DE...Keuchly is the best lb in a generation, if he continues he will be the best linebacker to ever play the game. for those who dont know him, look him up. Luke keuchly is the best defensive player in the NFL...thats why he was defensive MVP...after being defensive rookie of the year. 2/3 of the earths surface is covered by water, the rest is covered by LK...lol. GBO VFL HUBANegavols

Outside of Georgia and Arkansas, almost no SEC school runs it. Arkansas just started playing a lot of I last year, and Georgia is known as a perennial underachiever.

So why would we want to run the same scheme as them?

Yeah because both of those teams suck at rushing the football.

You're exactly correct. I've been saying that if we dont see Worley under center this season, which we only get in goal line situations, that we would see exactly what we got last year, and that is what we have.

The plays develop too slowly, the backs are too slow to the line, we dont have the benefit of play action, or 3 step drops and quick timing routes. There is no imagination with this offense, and very little competence. This read option thing with Worley is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

HTV think about this for a second............okay that was too long.........................because you were under center and the O-line is young and can not keep the D-line out. You just got sacked which is the 14th tackle behind the line for a loss in this game.

Part of keeping JW back is to give him some time, precious time, to think, see the field, and possibly throw a pass. It is also to keep him healthier than he would be always lined up under center. Actually at OU, considering our level of experience vs OU's we did pretty well with the read option. We get the fumble call, -7 OU, Croom catches the pass (that JW NEEDED THE TIME TO MAKE) +7, no pick 6 then -7 OU AND +7 UT possibly. 3 plays and we are in a totally different ball game with the read option you are dogging so much. I think I saw on here we were within 7 yards of OU rushing. Not bad really with such a young line. So is the RO really that bad or do we just need to execute it a little better?

VN Store

Back