QB Quinten Dormady gives Vols pro-style passer in 2015 class

Reactions: 2 people
I would pay Peyton to come down and teach the fast pace screen game that he is running now. Quite a few rubs and picks within the 1st five yards, which is legal, and the ball is thrown before anyone can get to Peyton. All runs are straight on. A fast paced offense that stresses the defense. This would be the ideal offense for a traditional pro style quarterback.

HTV think about this for a second............okay that was too long.........................because you were under center and the O-line is young and can not keep the D-line out. You just got sacked which is the 14th tackle behind the line for a loss in this game.

Part of keeping JW back is to give him some time, precious time, to think, see the field, and possibly throw a pass. It is also to keep him healthier than he would be always lined up under center. Actually at OU, considering our level of experience vs OU's we did pretty well with the read option. We get the fumble call, -7 OU, Croom catches the pass (that JW NEEDED THE TIME TO MAKE) +7, no pick 6 then -7 OU AND +7 UT possibly. 3 plays and we are in a totally different ball game with the read option you are dogging so much. I think I saw on here we were within 7 yards of OU rushing. Not bad really with such a young line. So is the RO really that bad or do we just need to execute it a little better?

You dont have a clue what you're talking about. Sorryl.

Riley Ferguson Archives - Evan's Eleven

if he earns the starting spot,do you think CBJ and company still go with the read option offense ? or what ever it is called

i will admit that i want to see the QB under center and hand the ball off or a play action pass and some sweeps with a full back

nothing like having another blocker back there to keep Worley off the ground

every down ? no,there is a place for the I formation,I just wished they would use it some

UT has a pocket passer in Worley,right now,the read option isn't fooling anybody,so why run it ?

to me it is just slowing down the running backs down,from a small opportunity to hit a fast closing hole

and yes I do speak from my arm chair coaching spot :)

Go Vols :clapping:

Cutsie stuff works in college

For years a lot of people were saying Tennessee needs to change to the read option I bet a lot of those people are the same ones saying we need to switch back to a pro style.

I just sit back and love all the people who think they can change football. Like they've reinvented the mouse trap. It has'nt changed and it'll never change. Protect the ball, run, stop the run. Win's games.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought we was doing a read option now but our quarterback wont keep it

He kept it on that fumble play against Oklahoma. Of course he just stood there with it so I don't think that is ideal.

I think I'll forgive all his decision making for that game, though. I would have been on a gurney 5 minutes into that beating.

He kept it on that fumble play against Oklahoma. Of course he just stood there with it so I don't think that is ideal.

I think I'll forgive all his decision making for that game, though. I would have been on a gurney 5 minutes into that beating.

He pulled it to throw a bubble or quick out. A bit different than a keep, and something he's done a lot this season.

He pulled it to throw a bubble or quick out. A bit different than a keep, and something he's done a lot this season.

I know. 'Twas a joke attempt on my part. Probably no more successful than holding the ball for a full 2 seconds with an unblocked DE running at you, though.

Another non running qb in Butch's system. More read options called without the threat of the qb actually keeping the ball.

Brilliant.

The fact that it was Oklahoma has nothing to do with it. He's getting hit anyways.

Keeping the ball and getting a few yards won't kill him.

He's kept the ball multiple times in every other game this season.

And when it came time to do it in a big game, he and Butch clinched up.

Him keeping the ball would have done us no good. He literally took about 20 hits in that came. The offense played a very good game. Nobody "clinched up". We played a great game against the number 4 team in the country, and would have had a shot at winnin if not for the turnovers and poor punting.

11td and 7picks...needs to tighten up a lil...the kid looks to be an absolute baller though if you watch his film. ive got high hopes for him. Hope Peterman balls out next year then this kid takes over. Redshirt would be great...so would early enrollment.

Must be a little rusty, he was 27-9 his soph year

If not he is at least as fast as their current qb.

Hes as fast as peterman. spoke to ainge last summer and he straight line speed theyre almost dead even but peterman is just a more natural runner as far as being shifty and reading blocks. hope he keeps improving that and has a huge year in 2015.

Hes as fast as peterman. spoke to ainge last summer and he straight line speed theyre almost dead even but peterman is just a more natural runner as far as being shifty and reading blocks. hope he keeps improving that and has a huge year in 2015.

Why set this kid up for failure? He and Jennings are solid qb prospects and no better than what has recently been brought on campus. They are not elite qb prospects in the mold of Shuler or manning or even clausen for that matter. It doesn't mean they will not be great qbs, but they are not can't miss guys. You guys act like he will walk in and from day one be a superstar.
Dobbs will redshirt baring a catastrophe, and will be our qb for the next three years.
Lastly, will you fellas stop saying we run the read option?!!!!!!!!!!! We run a zone read!!!!!!!! Get it right!:rock:

Why set this kid up for failure? He and Jennings are solid qb prospects and no better than what has recently been brought on campus. They are not elite qb prospects in the mold of Shuler or manning or even clausen for that matter. It doesn't mean they will not be great qbs, but they are not can't miss guys. You guys act like he will walk in and from day one be a superstar.
Dobbs will redshirt baring a catastrophe, and will be our qb for the next three years.
Lastly, will you fellas stop saying we run the read option?!!!!!!!!!!! We run a zone read!!!!!!!! Get it right!:rock:

So we read the defensive end or outside lb and give the qb an option of keeping? He even has a third option of throwing the bubble or out.

How is that not a read option?

VN Store

Back