Recruiting Football Talk VII

Pretty classy message by Cal. He didn’t have to do that, but did.

It was over when the UK AD and fans sided with their very mediocre football coach a few years ago. It's just taken Cal a bit to realize it. At this point, I'm not sure if the next coach at UK isn't in for a rude awakening. It's no longer the job it once was. UK is willing to give up being great at basketball for being mediocre at football. I don't know how many great coaches will abide that. I know if it was football, a guy like Saban or Smart wouldn't stick around if suddenly being mediocre at basketball bumped them down. Maybe it's just about Cal but I don't think it is. I think that UK's attitude has shifted.

Absolutely, basketball in general hit its peak in the 80's. Player's games were much more well rounded. I blame the three-point line for much of that and the fact that the best players rarely exhaust their eligibility.
Exactly...you the truly elite teams that were full of elite basketball players who had played together for 3-4 years.

Man has to suck to do all that work to find great players under the radar and then soon as you get them developed into potential starters they just leave you...

Is what it is, I admire the hell out of our players that have stuck it out here for the long haul even more in this new age of "grass is always greener" mentality that NIL & free transfers has created.
I absolutely hate this crap.

Never a fan of John Adams or his perceived endgame, but I thought it was a perfectly valid and innocuous question. Her reaction looked edgier because that awkwardly ended the round of questioning and they started breaking down the set and rearranging furniture amid background construction noise. Basillio is prone to drama and overemphasis. He got years out of not cancelling the Oregon and Oklahoma games and the “best staff in America” tagline from Butch. It’s never as serious as our talking heads obsessions.
Maybe it was because it was him, maybe the way he said it or maybe the way he phrased it…. But it came off condescending and “gotcha” to me. Maybe if he had said…could you tell us how your style of play will translate to the SEC? Anyway, enjoyed the way she handled it. Being a woman, she can get away with it more than CJH.

Man has to suck to do all that work to find great players under the radar and then soon as you get them developed into potential starters they just leave you...

Is what it is, I admire the hell out of our players that have stuck it out here for the long haul even more in this new age of "grass is always greener" mentality that NIL & free transfers has created.
Yeah, but I think Tobe was about to see even less minutes here. Estrella is about to be a really good player and if Aidoo makes another jump then he'd hardly play. Especially since we only play one of the three.

Tobe is a little too undersized for the SEC to rely on. He can play at this level, but he could be an all conference player if he moved down to the MTN West or Atlantic 10. One of the better mid major conferences where you can get away with a 6'8 center night in and night out.

I think we go after a young big.

Reactions: Brillovol
I just want our teams to win championships with ease and have our coach say without doubt that there’s no place or amount of money that could lead them elsewhere. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!
Well when the championships happen I'm not afraid of our coaches leaving. Since well...we are big dogs

Like UConn

Stupid Kentucky thinking they are above UConn in anyway is the problem here. They have a bigger fanbase and longer history of winning and that's it. It's like they just tried to hire a North Carolina coach. That and he doesn't fit in there at allllll.

Screw him...he quit on us because he wants somewhere else, he wants another family...he is now the enemy and will never be welcomed back as a Vol For Life.

I said it for Tyler Baron and I will say it for him...It ain't where you start your career...it's where you finish that matters.

Dalton Knecht will always be a VFL and will come back here for the rest of his life and bask in the love that he will now be shown...nobody will remember Tobe and ask him back for anything...and that is 100% on him.

Screw him...he quit on us because he wants somewhere else, he wants another family...he is now the enemy and will never be welcomed back as a Vol For Life.

I said it for Tyler Baron and I will say it for him...It ain't where you start your career...it's where you finish that matters.

Dalton Knecht will always be a VFL and will come back here for the rest of his life and bask in the love that he will now be shown...nobody will remember Tobe and ask him back for anything...and that is 100% on him.
This I agree with
If you ain’t with us your against us

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the potential Deboer trouble coming down the pipe.

Didn't UW have a rape scandal the last time they were good at football? I seem to recall a big case in the 90s-00s but that's been a hot minute.

ETA: Quick google tells me - yep. Their team from 2000.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

VN Store

Back