Recruiting Football Talk VII

This is a really deep draft talent wise. Especially at CB, OT, WR, and RB (maybe why wright slipping farther than expected, in conjunction with the fact that NFL clearly doesn’t value RBs as highly anymore).

My steals of the draft so far:

Keon Coleman WR to Bills. He’s better than pearsall and legette, and maybe worthy too.

Kamari Lassiter CB 6th CB taken, in the second round.

Ennis Rakestraw CB late 2nd round. Just shows how deep this years CB class was.

Kingsley Suamataia OT end of 2nd round. He’s as good as plenty of OTs drafted before him, imo.

Elijah Jones CB 3rd round. Further evidence of how deep and talented this CB class is.

Payton Wilson LB late 3rd round. Wasn’t he the best lb in the nation? Will be a leader in the locker room wherever he goes.

EDIT: Didn’t know Giovanni Manu existed. Anyone who runs a sub 5.0 40 at 6’8” 350+ lbs taken this late deserves to be on this list.

Preemptively:

Jaylen Wright RB. 2nd best rb in draft in my opinion, with potential to be the best. Surprised he went beyond third round. Elite speed and underrated break tackle and pass catching ability.

Decamerion Richardson CB. Surprised he lasted past the 3rd round. Again, deeeeep CB class. Any other class he’s a top 10 cb and doesn’t make it out of 2nd round.

Sedrick Van Pran C

Jaden Hicks S. I watch him and I don’t think he’s the most gifted athlete, but the guy just has a knack for making plays. His athleticism is deceptive. Troy Polomalu type.

Braeden McGregor EDGE

Trevor Keegan OG

Dillon Johnson RB

Kendall Milton RB

Harrison Mevis K. Ranked th 4th kicker available. I think he’s better than that. He should be drafted. We’ll see.

Joshua Cephus WR ranked the 46th wr and I think he’s much better than that.

Last edited:
Were they moving Terrence Steele then?
Not right now. Guyton has 14 games TOTAL starting experience as an OL…13 at RT between TCU and Oklahoma. This isn’t Tyron Smith coming out of USC pro ready. Ideally they’d love him at LT and Smith at LG, but you think they’re trusting him on Dak’s blind side day one?

Odd choice by dolphins with mostert and achane in the backfield. But they got a steal and maybe some negotiating power over RB salaries (not that they needed any with how the nfl views rbs). Hope he doesn’t get lost in the shuffle. He deserves to be somewhere that needs a starting rb. He’s got huge boom potential. Won’t be surprised if he’s starting somewhere and a top 10 back in the nfl 3 years from now.

Additional thought: Miami is undoubtedly the fastest team in the nfl. My god, they have best in class speed everywhereeee. Too bad you can’t throw 3 rbs and 3 wrs out on the field every play.

Reactions: DD4ME
That man shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near children. Maybe he should try actually coaching the kids and they wouldn’t be so “awful” as he describes them. What an ahole.
When I helped coach little league (4 years of tackle football), I would talk to the boys like that all the time. The other coaches were way to serious and the kids were not having fun and we were not winning. Joking around kept it loose and the boys practiced harder and played better. I wasn't doing it to make fun of them and I told them several times I loved them like they were my own sons. They've all graduated now but the ones I've seen out, have told me that was the most fun that sports was for them. Some even told me I was their favorite coach ever.

*Some of them talked trash better than I did.

VN Store

Back